How Do You Mark Your Luggage???

F22Smitty

We had to buy a couple new pieces of luggage and am wondering what is the best way to mark for easy identification and so others won't walk away with your luggage?

We have been pretty lucky so far (I probably just zapped myself) but I'm looking for something that you can spot easily and that tells other folks "THAT'S NOT MINE".

Last cruise out of FLL someone took my son's GF bag and left one that looked just like it. Thank god for cell phones and a cell # on the zone tag. These folks were 20 miles up I-95 on there way to North Florida. We called, they pulled over confirmed the mistake and returned to port for the swap.

We have used bright colored name tags, bright colored Tye-wraps, ribbons, and tape.

I was thinking of bright colored fabric spray paint. Any ideas? Thanks

I have used luggage tags in bright colors, along with several long strands of different colored curly ribbon. The large suitcase I was using until this year is not your standard issue black or charcoal, but greenish beige.

I bought myself and my SO new luggage for Christmas last year- his IS the standard black, so it is going to require some distinctive trim. Mine is a burgundy color, so it might be easier to keep track of. There will be something on all of them, I just haven't decided what color yet!

eta:

I've also seen bright colored duct tape wrapped around a suitcase, across the front and back, or around the handles.

craft stores sell duct tape in all kinds of 'cool' prints, colors, etc. Wrap it around the handle and you're ready to go!

I have a photo tag on mine of my daughter, and also some fleece scrap from a blanket project... certainly makes it unique!

We had to buy a couple new pieces of luggage and am wondering what is the best way to mark for easy identification and so others won't walk away with your luggage?

We have been pretty lucky so far (I probably just zapped myself) but I'm looking for something that you can spot easily and that tells other folks "THAT'S NOT MINE".

Last cruise out of FLL someone took my son's GF bag and left one that looked just like it. Thank god for cell phones and a cell # on the zone tag. These folks were 20 miles up I-95 on there way to North Florida. We called, they pulled over confirmed the mistake and returned to port for the swap.

We have used bright colored name tags, bright colored Tye-wraps, ribbons, and tape.

I use this...

http://www.cruisecritic.com/store/product.cfm?ID=39

works great!!!

:)

Laminated card-stock tags secured with zip ties to the zippers (3 or 4 on each piece). Bright neon duct tape around outside. GF also uses strands of multi-colored yarn and bandanas from dollar store.

This may sound bad, but I bought a couple of bright orange bag tags at a boardwalk shop in VA Beach that state in big black writing "THIS IS MY F$%^ING BAG"....we bought them more as a source of humor, but they have worked. This last trip in January, I saw someone almost grab and walk off with my wheelie duffle bag, it was a pretty generic navy blue bag, so it was an honest mistake. One look at the handle with the orange tag and the gentleman chuckled and put it down. My mom hates the tags, but I think they are great and get people to actually look at what they are picking up.

I like the 3 inch wide wrap around luggage belts. They come in some pretty crazy colors and patterns that can be seen all through baggage claim, and they serve a dual role, as they help with potential "zipper failure"

http://www.ebags.com/product/samsonite-travel-accessories/luggage-strap/217516?productid=10142241

Archived