Obstructed view pictures.

Renmar

This tread should be made a sticky  

122 members have voted

1. 1. This tread should be made a sticky

• Agree
    • Disagree

Hello to all. Thanks for all the encouraging words to keep this site (and tread) going.

We just came off the Emerald Princess and I dubble checked the views from the obstructed view cabins and will do some upgrading (no not that type of upgrade;)) as soon as we are back home in Canada.

Thanks for the info posted by robsaw however I like to inform you that that website is a paying site but they do have a lot of info on cabins other than "obstructed view".

Theo

Originally Posted by robsaw viewpost.gif

There is a website called cruisedeckplans.com (also samesite at cruisestateroom.com) that has a lot of photos of cabins for all the major cruiselines/ships.

I'd like to echo the thanks for this site. I used it to book cabins on 1-day not-quite-back-to-backs on the Golden and Star this September (Seattle to Vancouver). I'll see if I can get you a picture for E404 that is at sea instead of in port. Also, I just saw noticed that the picture for E415 has disappeared - I hope that doesn't mean the one that I used to base my booking was inaccurate.

I regret that I won't be able to supply any pictures because for $10 we upgraded to a balcony guarantee. Maybe next time. :)

From this website, I keep an ongoing list of my favorite obstructed oceanview cabins so I can book as soon as I see one of my favorites. This site is saving me lots of $$. I also know now not to take a gty for an obstructed cabin because it could end up being the same view as an inside but for more $$.

Thank you, thank you!

Thanks Robtulip for taking care of this tread while I'm cruising:D.

Theo

Theo, Yesterday I emailed you around 40 obstructed view cabin shots I got on the CB last month. Let me know if you didn't get this email and I will resend using several emails as the one I sent was almost 10MB with these attached.

Theo, Yesterday I emailed you around 40 obstructed view cabin shots I got on the CB last month. Let me know if you didn't get this email and I will resend using several emails as the one I sent was almost 10MB with these attached.

Yes I received them, I did send you an email to confirm.

Thanks again for all the work you (and a lot of other people) have put in to make my website what it is today.

Theo

Cabin B106 has a very small balcony with hardly room for 2 chairs sideways. It is the very first cabin forward portside, after the suites.

The balcony has a solid half-wall of metal, rather than glass, so that if you sit down you can't see out. The obstruction of the view is the wide white support for the Bridge above. It didn't bother me that much, and you can see around it. If you are someone who wants to sit out all day on your balcony watching the scenery and waves while you read a book, this is not the cabin for you. On the other hand, if you just want to step out and look over the side once in awhile while coming into port or leaving, this is perfect.

We hardly used the balcony because mostly the weather was too cool to stay outside when sailing from Beijing to Singapore in February 2012.

Other things about the cabin. There is only a small shower with a curtain. My husband couldn't take a shower without getting water all over the bathroom floor. I just took 2 pool towels to our cabin room to mop the floor each day. There was a sharp needle like carpet tack, just in front of the bathroom door. I cut my toe twice on it, then learned to put a hand towel over the spot as a mat. I will try to attach 2 photos.

Edited by OD2
can't find attachments

There was a sharp needle like carpet tack, just in front of the bathroom door. I cut my toe twice on it, then learned to put a hand towel over the spot as a mat.

I am surprised you did not report this safety hazard in order to get it fixed.

Sometimes those tacks just come up because they see a human foot around. It is a plot by RCL to get customers to switch over!:p

What are the ******** stand for in the link at the bottom of your postings??

Theo

Heck if I know. I had not paid attention. Probably a failed attempt at a clock or something. I will have to go in and mess it up even more!:o

Ok I tried we will see if anything changes. But I'm not seeing it yet and those stars just appeared out of nowhere. OH MY>

Edited by Bowie MeMe

Heck if I know. I had not paid attention. Probably a failed attempt at a clock or something. I will have to go in and mess it up even more!:o

Ok I tried we will see if anything changes. But I'm not seeing it yet and those stars just appeared out of nowhere. OH MY>

I think CC automaticly changes some parts of website links if it contains advertising or something like that.

Theo

I think CC automaticly changes some parts of website links if it contains advertising or something like that.

Theo

I think you are correct. I put in a private tour com. on the thread and it did the same thing. When I just used the name all was o.k.

We have been assigned P242 on the Plaza deck and cannot decide if all of the cabin views on this deck are totally obstructed or not? I looked on your website and only saw the Emerald deck views. We have been upgraded from a GG so that is nice, but still sort of confused! Thanks!

We have been assigned P242 on the Plaza deck and cannot decide if all of the cabin views on this deck are totally obstructed or not? I looked on your website and only saw the Emerald deck views. We have been upgraded from a GG so that is nice, but still sort of confused! Thanks!

As far as I know there are no obstructions in front of the windows on Plaza deck. Look at the picture of the exterior of the ship. Plaza deck cabin windows are the ones 2 decks below the lifeboats.

Theo

Theo - do you have any updated information on cabin E225 on the Emerald?

It shows to be mostly blocked by a tender but there is some view and at least there will be light!

This is not a tender but one of the normal life boats. You will look partialy over top of it. If it was a tender you would have a view like E605 or E607.

Theo

I received a lot of new pictures the last few weeks and I'm in the process of posting them. However, I'm running out of room on the website (100 mb free, max.) and have to figure out a way to rearrange things. I'm thinking of maybe creating a separate website for each category of ship. In the meantime I'll keep the existing website active.

Theo

Edited by Renmar

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to a lot of Cruise Critic members for sending pictures of cabins. I have now updated the website and there are pictures added for the following ships;

Caribbean Princess-- Coral/Island Princess--Dawn/Sea/Sun Princess.

There are still a few pictures missing for some of the ships but I'm confident that I will get them sometime in the near future.

Again thanks to all who contributed.

Theo