Post cruise excursions/ideas?

mcduck

Delta has changed our Feb 3 departure time to 3:00 PM, and Delta does not allow check-in until 2 hours before departure, so now we have several hours to kill after our Noordam cruise. We have ended up sitting on the floor in the check-in area for a couple of hours the last few cruises (1:20PM departure), but this will now mean at least 3+ hours to sit on the floor with our baggage. (Our final flight leg is into Canada so we cannot do a curbside check-in with our luggage.)

HAL does have an "Everglades Airboat Ride with airport transfer" for $49.00 person for flights after 2:30PM. We were wondering if this would be a good way to kill a few hours or if anyone had any better ideas. The problem is that we will be stuck with our luggage (unless there is somewhere we can leave it for a while in the terminal?).

Thought about flying out the next day instead, but checking in at a hotel at 10:00AM will also be a problem.

Thanks.

So long as you're not terrified to see alligators up close and personal, take the tour.

It will give you something interesting to do with your time, get you to the airport on time, and bring your luggage along on the bus with you.

I don't see a down side (except for those of us who can't stand the idea of seeing an alligator).

We've done the Everglades Boat Ride after a Caribbean Crjuise for the same reason, Luggage Direct and a late flight, and it was very nice. No bugs and facinating seeing the gators up close while in the boat. The boat is not small so no worrys there, it holds around 20 people.

See attached photo

Go for it!

Mike

1191232918_Cruise112010034.jpg.efc4d03d3977e14fdb0eb8495e433d9f.jpg

863857043_Cruise112010024.jpg.c6837eb2f10a0d5aa0a5a85c9fb81307.jpg

1612382202_Cruise112010044.jpg.c84bb632cfb284356686c5810d09ef42.jpg

Thanks!

I think that the only down side may be if we book the tour and then it is raining that day. May end up on the plane(s) a little soggy unless we change in a washroom before we check-in.

Anyone know if you can leave your luggage somewhere in the terminal - similar to leaving it at a hotel before the room is ready?

McDuck

Thanks!

I think that the only down side may be if we book the tour and then it is raining that day. May end up on the plane(s) a little soggy unless we change in a washroom before we check-in.

Anyone know if you can leave your luggage somewhere in the terminal - similar to leaving it at a hotel before the room is ready?

McDuck

I'm 99.9999 % sure you can't do that. I'm a bit hopped after my cruise in Feb. My flight is at 2:30 and in order to take shorex on Celebrity your flight has to be after 3PM. I have no idea what I'm going to do.

From the FLL website:

Public Baggage Storage

Public Baggage Storage is available in Terminals 1, 2, 3, and 4. Enjoy exploring the airport or surrounding communities without the impediment of having to take your luggage with you.

Hours vary by location and season. The location in Terminal 2 is open seven days a week from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. For more information, call 954-359-5505.

Might be worth storing luggage and the takin a cab to the beach!!

From the FLL website:

Public Baggage Storage

Public Baggage Storage is available in Terminals 1, 2, 3, and 4. Enjoy exploring the airport or surrounding communities without the impediment of having to take your luggage with you.

Hours vary by location and season. The location in Terminal 2 is open seven days a week from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. For more information, call 954-359-5505.

Might be worth storing luggage and the takin a cab to the beach!!

That's good info. Thx. I think I'd go shopping instead of the beach:D.

Storing the luggage for a few hours is an excellent option. At a minimum that will allow us to wander off to the other terminals rather than just sitting on the floor waiting to check-in so that we can "upgrade" to a seat in the gate area for a few more hours!

Archived