Starboard side

lovecruzin

We have been on Journey previously and always stayed on deck 7, port side. For an upcoming cruise that we are considering, the only V2 cabins on deck 7 are starboard (odd number). Is there a reason why these cabins are not selling as quickly, is there a reason to avoid this side? :confused:

I appreciate any feedback!

Danna

We have been on Journey previously and always stayed on deck 7, port side. For an upcoming cruise that we are considering, the only V2 cabins on deck 7 are starboard (odd number). Is there a reason why these cabins are not selling as quickly, is there a reason to avoid this side? :confused:

Danna

Hi Danna,

I cant think of any reason for concern. Most all the feedback on Deck 7 is excellent. Perhaps if you share Cabin numbers with us, other CC Members can share their insights.

I hope this helps. Enjoy your Cruise !

Danna

Have stayed 2 times in 7077 and have it booked again for March 2012

Close to midship and we find it great.

Thanks Andy!

The cabins on deck 7 that are available are 7093, 95 and 97 as well as 7075.

We currently have 6050 on hold. It doesn't look like noise would be a problem in this cabin but I am not sure what do!

Danna

Hi Danna,

Given those choices, Id probably opt for 7075. 6050 should be fine as well. I hope this helps. Enjoy your Cruise !

Could it be that starboard cabins mid ship, especially those on higher decks, will suffer from the smokers who will now, I understand, all congregate forward on the right hand side of the pool deck in the only area available to them? I have a personal interest because we are in 8039 on Journey next week which I think is immediately below Smokey Joe's corner.

We've chosen portside cabins twice now but only because of the itinerary (sailing along the Croatian coast & around the South of India). We choose the side where we hope to see more of the land from our balcony.

I'm with Zennor. We switched from starboard to port for the 2012 Spice Coast cruise, taking a V3 cabin just a tad more aft than we'd prefer, simply so we'd have the chance to face the subcontinent from our balcony on sea days. Happy cruising!

We used to choose port or starboard for our cabin depending on the itinerary to be able to see the coast from our balcony.......... till we realised that generally the coast is too far away to see.

Now we choose the side that will get the evening sun. We are not early-risers and the joy of sipping a cool beverage while watching the sunset is irreplaceable.

On several occasions we have been lucky to see the "green flash". :)

We have had cabins on both port and starboard on Azamara........ always great.

B&T

Bandt, the 'green flash!' Absolutely something to consider! But I will not change my cabin again I will not will not...

Truthfully, the time we sailed from Sicily to Barcelona and watched the African continent slip past us from the balcony, that's what got me hooked on balconies. Can't wait for Nov. 2012!

Thanks for all the responses... DH reminded me that we were in 7081 previously and we had trouble with the cabin smelling like smoke, when we toured the engine room I realized that we were on the same AC system and the engine room had an odd smell...I am really sensitive to odors like that so I think we'll stick with portside!

There is nothing wrong with either the port or starboard side per se. You have to look at which direction you are sailing, do you want to have a glimpse of the shore or the sea? Do you want to have sunshine on your balcony or not?

If the sea is calm, then bow or stern are both fine. If stormy, the mid-section is notably steadier, and a lower deck is better than a higher one. Hope this helps.

On several occasions we have been lucky to see the "green flash". :)
Lucky indeed bandt! Were you in French Polynesia at the time? Did you manage to capture any pics? We tried to spot the green flash on our South Pacific cruise, but alas, it was all in vain.

Hi We were in 7075 on The Journey recently and it is very well located. No issue with smoke and we are both very sensitive. You also have the benefit of being looked after by the wonderful Earl and Melvin (assuming nothing has changed since August).

Lucky indeed bandt! Were you in French Polynesia at the time? Did you manage to capture any pics? We tried to spot the green flash on our South Pacific cruise, but alas, it was all in vain.

HI Mighty Quinn

We've been lucky three times. You're right, the first time on the PG in French Polynesia...... just magical! The second in the Mediterranean and recently on our cruise on the Journey from Dublin to Lisbon.

Even the slightest haze on the horizon and you're out of luck..... and don't even think of blinking at the crucial moment! That is the reason we don't have any photos....... by the time I would press the shutter, it would be over. However, if you're interested here is a link with some pictures :

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22green+flash%22&hl=en&lr=&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=6umjToLRNtHzsgaY_cmRAw&ved=0CFAQsAQ&biw=1024&bih=681

To get back to the OP's original query we have had cabins on port and starboard on deck 8 of the Journey, one under the smoking area...... never smelled a whiff and we are ex-smokers with keen noses :)

Archived