Liberty - Deck 7 Inside or Deck 3 Outside

Okay, my Thanksgiving weekend trip is all paid for and I made out really well with inexpensive inside guarantees,

Now I am thinking - Is an inside going to freak me out. Last year I had an

owners suite (I had more money then), the year before and always I had balcony cabins.

So, now I see that the prices on Outside Cabins have dropped a bit.

Would you save the money and stay where you were on deck 7 aft (5 cabins from the elevator) or would you spend less than $200 more and get an outside cabin on deck 3 right next to the elevator?

P.S. Are there portholes or windows on deck 3 Liberty?

Oh, boy, an OS to an inside? Wow, I have never done more than a JS, but I have done an inside, and it was on the Monarch! Brave me! But if knowing what time of day it is, is important to you, then I would choose the OV, even though I believe it will be a port hole window. If you choose the inside, put the channel on to the ships camera that shows the bow, and you will see the sun come up and not feel so isolated. Either way, enjoy yourself...you're on a cruise!

Liberty has the large round windows, not portholes, in the OV cabins on decks 2 and 3. I would go with the OV over an inside but plenty of people do just fine with inside cabins. It is really a personal choice that you have to make.

Okay, my Thanksgiving weekend trip is all paid for and I made out really well with inexpensive inside guarantees,

Now I am thinking - Is an inside going to freak me out. Last year I had an

owners suite (I had more money then), the year before and always I had balcony cabins.

So, now I see that the prices on Outside Cabins have dropped a bit.

Would you save the money and stay where you were on deck 7 aft (5 cabins from the elevator) or would you spend less than $200 more and get an outside cabin on deck 3 right next to the elevator?

P.S. Are there portholes or windows on deck 3 Liberty?

We were on deck 7 promenade last month…NEVER EVER would we book a room like that again!

I know not a inside room, but for numerous reasons we would really never book an inside room again, one the noise we had (not from the promenade) and the downsize of the room compared to our ocean view balcony in June was just not worth it, we would defiantly spend the extra money on a window or balcony next time.

Hi everyone -

I wound up getting the oceanview cabin on deck 3 by the aft elevator.

It was $90 more pp - $180 total and whereas I could have put that towards

expenses, I think that I may have been unhappy with no light - cannot look

outside and considering how much money is wasted all the time - I may

as well go for it.

Now, if I an just get an OV on a higher deck!

Hi everyone -

It was $90 more pp - $180 total and whereas I could have put that towards

expenses, I think that I may have been unhappy with no light - cannot look

outside and considering how much money is wasted all the time - I may

as well go for it.

Now, if I an just get an OV on a higher deck!

The only OVs that are on higher decks are the ones that face the bow of the ship. I really like decks 2 and 3 and book them often. And being by the aft elevator is an excellent location. And when you come back to the ship from ports of call you can bypass the lines of people on deck 1 waiting for the elevators, walk up a couple of flights of stairs and you are home! Now, don't second guess your decision and start enjoying the anticipation.

I had one of the forward facing Oceanview cabins. I really liked it. It had a great view and a lot of light. it also seem a bit larger to me. On the downside, it is a hike from the elevators (I do not mind, but others would). also there is probably more motion at the front of the ship (again OK for me, but maybe not for others). One of those forward cabins vs a side facing cabin on a lower deck is a personal preference issue-no right or wrong answer.

I had one of the forward facing Oceanview cabins. I really liked it. It had a great view and a lot of light. it also seem a bit larger to me. On the downside, it is a hike from the elevators (I do not mind, but others would). also there is probably more motion at the front of the ship (again OK for me, but maybe not for others). One of those forward cabins vs a side facing cabin on a lower deck is a personal preference issue-no right or wrong answer.

Pretty much the same with any cabin choice that a person makes, right?

It was $90 more pp - $180 total

By the way - how did you get RCCL to give you that price? When I called yesterday, they said it was a special price for this week's Sales Event, and that we couldn't get it, because it was past final payment. :(

I would love to upgrade to OV, if it was only $180.

Hey Rhonda:

I did have 7227. I got them to give me the oceanview cabin on deck 3.

I just called and they said ok. They told me about this rule when I switched from the Oasis to the Liberty. They said that I could upgrade to any cabin as long as it costs at least $1.00 more. In the past you were not allowed to upgrade during a special or sales event and 2 different people said yesterday I could.

Did you call the Crown & Anchor office? This is a new policy and I wondering if maybe some of the general reservationists are not aware of this change.

I ALWAYS book through C&A. I think these reservationists are the most

informed.

They will have another sales event again, I hope or the prices will drop.

If you call back again and someone says "no, you cannot do it" ask for

a supervisor.

By the way, did you tell them you live in Florida? Maybe they were looking at the general rates and only saw $439 not $379. As we know, different states

have different prices.

Archived