Names

TriciaEMTB

If names have to be the same does that mean that if one name was Mary Sue Smith and the other was Mary S. Smith that there would be a problem?

I know its silly but its pretty close I just want to make sure there are no problems.

My experience is to make sure the name you book under is the same as the name on the ID you are using (i.e. match DL or Passport)

I'm not worried about airlines, because I'm driving :P I entered my first middle and last name into my funpass but my boarding pass only shows my first and last. My passport has my first middle and last.

You will have no problem with the cruise line.

However, the TSA is another completely different entity.

• 1 month later...

If you are flying, the name on your airline ticket MUST match the document you show them for identification. Drivers licenses usually just use middle initials so that is what I use.

The cruise lines care about first and last names and that you HAVE a passport.

For Airline list your name as it matches the passport/drivers license or other government id that you will show at the airport.

For cruise your name should be the first and last names on the passport for most cruises where a passport is required.

Keith

You will have no problem with the cruise line.

However, the TSA is another completely different entity.

Yes, especially if you're an alien flying to the States....when you buy your ESTA, make sure you have the exact wording from your passport....I realise this doesn't apply to the OP, but someone else may be looking in.

Jo.

Archived