Horrible experience with Tour not being cancelled

barbie5401

Because of the cruise lines disclaimer is the very reason we only do tours which we book ourselves . not only do we get our tours for less cost ;but ,we are in control ;):D

Agreed- I'm getting ready to go on my second cruise in less than a month. We booked our excursion ourselves because of the cruise line's disclaimer, the fact that it was cheaper booking ourselves and we get a full refund due to weather or if the ship doesn't make it to port. Glad it didn't take me 100+ cruises to figure that one out! ;)

Agreed- I'm getting ready to go on my second cruise in less than a month. We booked our excursion ourselves because of the cruise line's disclaimer, the fact that it was cheaper booking ourselves and we get a full refund due to weather or if the ship doesn't make it to port. Glad it didn't take me 100+ cruises to figure that one out! ;)

Appears that you are doing the right thing. People should always get in writing a statement that there will be a full refund if ship doesn't make it to port. Missed Punta Delgada on a TA due to high winds and seas and some on private tours told of problems getting refunds.

We were in Cozumel last week when the storm was hitting the area and saw how rough the seas were. However, even on a sunny day, the water can kick up quite a bit. In fact you can have a pleasant ride over to the mainland in the morning, but by mid-afternoon the waves may role very high. The ferry goes-high or low waves everyday. Anyone thinking about making the trip over to Playa del Carmen needs to consider this.

How about a nature tour after dusk and after dark? The ship arrived 8 hours late, we were booked on a nature tour, getting dark, they did not cancel the tour! Tour operator had flashlights for us! Well we did not go, worth loosing the money and staying safe on the ship! Few people went on the tour, no refunds were given. [Panama]

We had a blast on the ship and never were upset about the loss

Before I start - Celebrity refunded half of the cost. However, my question and concern - who is responsible when the weather is very dangerous and the tour is not cancelled.

We took this past weekend (Saturday) a tour to Tulum from Coz, okay it was pouring rain, the seas were rough, the ship (MILLIE) was rocking and the Tour Desk told us the tour is still on because the Tour Operator said so. We board the ferry and as soon as it took off, it was like we were on Space Mountain in Disney - everyone got sick. When the ferry was coming into dock, it couldn't because of the horrible waves, current - it took another 20 minutes to tie up the ferry. The bus ride to Tulum was uneventful, expect no one wanted to ride the ferry back. We got to Tulum - walked around with umbrellas, ponchos, muddy shoes, wet clothes, we couldn't even tour Tulum because we couldn't walk on the path we had to walk on the grass. After about 15 minutes I spoke with the Tour Operator and said this is a health hazard and he stopped the tour. We got back on the bus and they dropped us off in Playa del Carmen instead of downtown because downtown was flooded. Supposed to be back on board by 6:30 due to the delays I didn't get back to the ship until 8:10 and the all aboard was set for 8:15!

Okay whose responsibility is it? Tour Operator or Celebrity. I personally was shocked that they let us go out in that weather.

How about a nature tour after dusk and after dark? The ship arrived 8 hours late, we were booked on a nature tour, getting dark, they did not cancel the tour! Tour operator had flashlights for us! Well we did not go, worth loosing the money and staying safe on the ship! Few people went on the tour, no refunds were given. [Panama]

We had a blast on the ship and never were upset about the loss

That's ridiculous! Glad you had a good time on the ship.

Archived