Crystal factory in Halifax

• 2 months later...

If you contact them through their website novascotiancrystaldotcom they will tell you when the glassworks is open. It is fun to see.

If you do go there I highly recommend buying the Seafarers Rum Glasses (we locals call them RumRunners but that's probably a brand infringement on the Rum Runners cake factory :-)) seriously the best glass I have ever found for having a relaxing drink in. We have them at our house and every time I serve a drink in them people comment on how perfect they are. I don't drink rum but anything you drink out of them tastes good! I know it sounds silly or pretentious..but they seriously are an experience to drink from! you'll find them under barware, then rum glasses on their site..

They also have a great Maritime history connection.. so if you're looking for one big splurge souvenir and don't want to bring home fabulous Atlantic Canadian Art I'd recommend these!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As you egress from the Pier look over to your right, you should see a blue arch "HARBOUR WALK" this is a boardwalk that should take you about 20 minutes to walk to Nova Scotia Crystal, passing as you proceed Maritime Museum on your left as the harbour will be on your right. You might also be interested in a do it your self tour on the Blue Diamond Tours website.The ferry terminal is also very close by and this makes for an enjoyable harbour view of Halifax and Dartmouth. Enjoy your stay

• 2 months later...

Archived