TOP Three Things to do/see in St Maarten

BeadBabe

Wow, my mind is boggled with all the options!! :eek:

Ok, so lets get to the nitty gritty....

You've been to St Maarten....you can only do THREE things. What would they be that you simply could not miss??:D

Also, is there a local special something in the eat or drink department that is a MUST consume?:cool:

Lastly...you've been in all the stores I know. ;) What did you see that was truly unique to the area and you had to buy one?

Well. first off, whatever you did to create your post has blinded my reply post preview window. No offense, but I wonder what's going on with the board???

If you've never been, experience Orient Beach. For the ultimate experience, join in at Club Orient.

Climb to Fort Louis, above Marigot for one of the finest views in the entire Caribbean. Much better than Antigua.

Maho Beach for the planes landing mere feet over your head. You must have read about this already.

Everyone says to try the Guavaberry drinks, and sure, go ahead and taste for free at the Guavaberry Emporium on Frontstreet. I have a bottle that we brought back years ago that we've never opened. Taste it straight before you buy a bottle, and I can point you to a shop to save $5/bottle if you decide to buy one. Booze here is the cheapest that we've ever found.

Measure your tables now so that you can load up on table linens, table cloths, etc. Fantastic selection, prices, etc.

Of course higher-end jewelery may be the biggest draw for shopping along Frontstreet. If you're interested in that I can point you to a few shops.

gary

I too have an unopened bottle of Guavaberry bought many years ago.

Orient beach really is worth the trip.

Many people absolutely love the America's Cup Experience excursion.

I like to stop in at the chocolate and buy some truffles. They will deliver to the ship. Last time I was there they had a booth at the cruise terminal, but it's not as much fun as finding the shop downtown.

Everyone says to try the Guavaberry drinks, and sure, go ahead and taste for free at the Guavaberry Emporium on Frontstreet. I have a bottle that we brought back years ago that we've never opened. Taste it straight before you buy a bottle, and I can point you to a shop to save $5/bottle if you decide to buy one.

Of course higher-end jewelery may be the biggest draw for shopping along Frontstreet. If you're interested in that I can point you to a few shops.

gary

Hi Gary...

If you are pointing, I am willing to take note of the info you share... ;)

By the way, my preview window seems to work ok.

Hi Gary...

My window went crazy when quoting the original BeadBabe post.

I recommend our friends at Ocean Jewelers, just a bit down Frontstreet from Guavaberry.

th_DSCN1516.jpg

(click)

When I checked in June their prices were $4 or $5 less per bottle of Guavaberry, depending on the flavor.

Cheapest prices on other booze as well, they have replaced our previous favorite shop, Caribbean Paradise.

gary

My window went crazy when quoting the original BeadBabe post.

I recommend our friends at Ocean Jewelers, just a bit down Frontstreet from Guavaberry.

th_DSCN1516.jpg

(click)

When I checked in June their prices were $4 or $5 less per bottle of Guavaberry, depending on the flavor.

Cheapest prices on other booze as well, they have replaced our previous favorite shop, Caribbean Paradise.

gary

Thanks much...

Hi Gary...

I just noticed that you had jewelry highlighted, as well.

We have three jewelers on St. Maarten, Shiva's for top-end, Ballerina for middle to top, and Ocean for lower end, but very nice pieces. We shop with each of them on every visit.

gary

We have been to St Maarten a number of times, but some of you might also consider going to Tijon Perfumery. It isn't far from Orient Beach and is a truly unique experience. You are able to learn about different scents and make your own perfume to take home. John and Cyndi, who own the establishment are gracious and make the whole experience truly fun.

Just something to think about if you have already done Orient Beach, the Americas Cup, and Malo. Enjoy!

Well. first off, whatever you did to create your post has blinded my reply post preview window. No offense, but I wonder what's going on with the board???

If you've never been, experience Orient Beach. For the ultimate experience, join in at Club Orient.

Climb to Fort Louis, above Marigot for one of the finest views in the entire Caribbean. Much better than Antigua.

Maho Beach for the planes landing mere feet over your head. You must have read about this already.

Everyone says to try the Guavaberry drinks, and sure, go ahead and taste for free at the Guavaberry Emporium on Frontstreet. I have a bottle that we brought back years ago that we've never opened. Taste it straight before you buy a bottle, and I can point you to a shop to save $5/bottle if you decide to buy one. Booze here is the cheapest that we've ever found.

Measure your tables now so that you can load up on table linens, table cloths, etc. Fantastic selection, prices, etc.

gary

Gary- can you point me to the place to buy the Guavaberry?

Thanks, Happy Sailing :)

Top 3 things to do on St Maarten? 1. Beach 2. Beach 3. Beach Of course you could also rent a car and drive over to Grand Case (the French side) and then it might be Eat, Eat, Eat since this area has many decent eating venues.

Hank

Golden Eagle 1/2 day sail!:)

Golden Eagle 1/2 day sail!;)

Golden Eagle 1/2 day sail!:D

Really, the Golden Eagle sail is a must, so good we returned to SXM for a week so we could take their Farewell Friday full-day sail! Everything else should revolve around that.

Spend some time shopping, you can get a Heineken in McDOnald's for $1(!), nice beach right in town to enjoy a lunch on.

Sunset Beach Bar (SSBB, check their site) is a fun spot, watching the planes drop in and blow people into the sea.

If you were staying on i'lan I would suggest getting a TTOL meet & greet started for a great way to meet others with the same interests. And also an evening in magical Marigot, but I assume you're on a cruise. I wouldn't go to Orient Beach with everyone else, we stayed there and it's just OK. Active but not beautiful really. But if you do find yourself there the Bikini Beach Bar has great margaritas.

gary

Trying to find out if we can get a bus to Maho. Can anyone help?

Am I reading this right? Ocean Jewelers has the Guavaberry at a discount?

I absolutely love Guavaberry Coladas. As a matter of fact, just had some with my friend last night. Top of my list.

Thanks.

How do you make your guavaberry coladas? Thanks!

One ounce of cream de coconut, 2 ounces of guavaberry, 3 ounces of pineapple juice. Add add ice and mix. Top with a shake of cloves. My mouth is watering right now.

Yum! Thanks for the recipe. I had one of these in St. Maarten and I have an unopened bottle just sitting here. There are three other couples going on our cruise with us in January. I think I will have a cruise night party and make these in honor of our stop in St. Maarten! :D

Whenever someone goes to St. Maarten, I always beg for a bottle (or two or three). I hoard them and only share with those who I deem "worthy" and wo will appreciate it. So when the bottle comes out with my family, everyone feels special because they know it only comes out at certain times and they never know if they're going to get a second drink out of me. I love having fun with it!!

Enjoy.

Archived