Cheese tray question......

alb1956

On the first night of our Inspiration cruise earlier this month, my family of five ordered two cheese plates to share along with our appetizers. Our server remembered and every night after that, he automatically ordered two cheese plates the second he saw us enter the dining room. They were delivered to our table within about 2-3 minutes after we sat down each night.

Edited by rockbock

You can even order cappucino and espresso in the MDR at any meal without an additional charge.

I know you can order C & E for breakfast in the MDR. But I'm "fairly" certain, not 100% though, you can't order the Espresso for any other meal...Cappucino yes.

Are you certain you can get free Espresso for lunch and dinner?

that is so great to hear we can take it back to our room - we did Disney a few years ago and had the cheese tray every night - was really hoping we could do it again - we have an aft balcony and looking forward to sitting there with our cheese and wine.

We asked for a clean napkin to cover the plate and took it back to the cabin for a late night snack. I think the cheese plate is also on the cabin service menu.:)

As far as I remember it has never been on the room service menu? (Altho I can't see why not - it would be easy enuf to do)....so you would have to request it in the MDR to bring back to the cabin if you so choose!

I know you can order C & E for breakfast in the MDR. But I'm "fairly" certain, not 100% though, you can't order the Espresso for any other meal...Cappucino yes.

I don't know about lunch, but you can get free Cappuccino and Espresso for dinner.

Oh boy, that cheese IS delicious! And if you ask for it as an appetizer and eat it with the bread it's even deliciouser!

Our first cruise we were in a party of 17 people and our tables used to order 2 or 3 cheese plates per table almost every night!

Get it every night as an app and so good on the baguette! Also, goes great with our Wine!!!

I just had one last week. It had five pieces of cheese: Danish blue, swiss, gouda, brie, port salut, some grapes, poached pears, and 2 slices of walnut bread. It was very good. Next time I will order a couple more slices of bread.

that is so great to hear we can take it back to our room - we did Disney a few years ago and had the cheese tray every night - was really hoping we could do it again - we have an aft balcony and looking forward to sitting there with our cheese and wine.

Me too!! In about 15 months! :)

Yes, you can. My friend who is a waiter in CCL says the servers do have the option of charging for it although I have never had that happen to me - so make sure you are very polite when ordering it!

Just off the Splendor last week. Ordered a bottle of wine the first night. On the second night at dinner, one of the servers brought a cheese plate shortly after we sat down even though we didn't order one. Spoke with Dessi, our Maitre 'd, about it. She told me that she has instructed her staff to provide a cheese tray whenever a bottle of wine is ordered. What a nice touch it was. I never understood the wine and cheese thing:o, but now I do:). THANK YOU, DESSI!!!:D

• 2 years later...
Just so you know, EVERYTHING and even multiple orders of everything is free in the MDRs, Lido Buffet, Pizza, Deli, Grille, Sushi bar and Room Service........

You can even order cappucino and espresso in the MDR at any meal without an additional charge.

everywhere is free EXCEPT the Pastry Shop, the Specialty Restaurant and if they are still doing a trial on some ships that don't have a specialty restaurant you can order a better steak in the MDR that is for a charge but it is clearly marked on the menu.

I just thought I would add this since your question came across as someone who hadn't cruised on Carnival very much.

Cappuccino ,&expresso still free in the MDR ? Sailing on the pride 2014

I love it. Didnt know you could get it from room service. Is it the same as in the dining room? I have on occasion ordered it for dessert and taken it back to the room for later. I have never seen it on the room service menu though. There are other times of the day that I would like this, ie; late night snack, or pre dinner in room snack with glass of wine. So being able to order this by room service would be so much better.

I love it. Didnt know you could get it from room service. Is it the same as in the dining room? I have on occasion ordered it for dessert and taken it back to the room for later. I have never seen it on the room service menu though. There are other times of the day that I would like this, ie; late night snack, or pre dinner in room snack with glass of wine. So being able to order this by room service would be so much better.

You are correct that it is not listed on the room service menu. I don't remember which ship (or ships), but I know I just picked up the phone and ordered it to enjoy with some wine on the balcony. No questions. They just sent one up. But, I feel sure it may not happen again, but worth a shot.

Edited by teacher32