Carrying on drinks...logistics help

pbs14

If we are carrying on a case of waters, 12 pack of coke, our allowed bottles of wine...how do we get them to our room if we arrive early?

Can we tag the waters and give them to a porter?

Do we have to carry the wine onboard or can it go in our checked bags?

Any thoughts? Don't really want to carry around these things for 2 hours before the rooms are ready. Thanks!

If we are carrying on a case of waters, 12 pack of coke, our allowed bottles of wine...how do we get them to our room if we arrive early? How many people in your group first of all? Only allowed 12 non alcoholic beverages per person. You keep them with you until rooms are ready around 1-130

Can we tag the waters and give them to a porter? No all beverages must be carried on.

Do we have to carry the wine onboard or can it go in our checked bags? No wine must be carried on, if not they will keep it until end of cruise.

Any thoughts? Don't really want to carry around these things for 2 hours before the rooms are ready. Thanks!

Just get a small rolling suitcase and pack that with your beverages.

Each passenger can bring on 12 nonalcoholic drinks, 20 oz or less IN THEIR CARRY ON ONLY.

Its people who abused the system slapping a luggage tag on a cooler of drinks that caused Carnival to make the rules stricter.

If you want this priviledge not to be taken away, just carry on no more than the allotted amount. a nice rolling carry on size is all you need.

As per the Carnival documentation. ALL drinking liquids must be carried on. You are limited to a 12 pack of 20 oz. non-alcoholic drinks per person, and one 750 ml bottle of wine per 21 year old adult.

My recomendation is to carry them on using a wheeled suitcase. Then you can carry them up to the Lido with you for lunch without too much trouble. It is also handy to put bathing suits and sunscreen in it in case you want to jacuzzi before your luggage arrives.

Bob

Each passenger can bring on 12 nonalcoholic drinks, 20 oz or less IN THEIR CARRY ON ONLY.

Its people who abused the system slapping a luggage tag on a cooler of drinks that caused Carnival to make the rules stricter.

If you want this priviledge not to be taken away, just carry on no more than the allotted amount. a nice rolling carry on size is all you need.

I'm traveling with my family -Wife & two kids (ages 7 & 9)

I was planning on putting all of our drinks in one carry on,is that allowed?

Thanks.

We take no more than our allowed amount, and yes, must be carried on as previous posters have said. We too use a rolling carry on.

I'm traveling with my family -Wife & two kids (ages 7 & 9)

I was planning on putting all of our drinks in one carry on,is that allowed?

Thanks.

Sure, you could put all the drinks in one, as long as it's within the guidelines. :)

As per the Carnival documentation. ALL drinking liquids must be carried on. You are limited to a 12 pack of 20 oz. non-alcoholic drinks per person, and one 750 ml bottle of wine per 21 year old adult.

Bob

Water is counted?

yes, as bob and others have quoted .. the rule is 12 nonalchoholic drinks.

water is a nonalchoholic drink.

We always throw our 12-packs in a small rolly suitcase. It is a pain to wheel around with you until the rooms are ready I agree but its that or pay 1.95 a can.

If you bring them in a small rolly cooler make sure it's less than 12x12x12 We saw someone in NOLA last week being denied his cooler that he had full and iced already. He was really making a stink and the agents where holding firm! This was the first time I have ever seen something like this!

Originally Posted by elcuchio24 viewpost.gif

Whatever you're bringing, you're shleping.

Not necessarily - could be something that's not available on the ship!;)

do you not know what shleping means? it just means you are carrying it.

Im thinking you either misread what you are saying might not be true, or dont know what that word means.

(I guess I am also surprised people dont know water is a nonalchoholic drink)

Im thinking you either misread what you are saying might not be true, or dont know what that word means.

:) Of maybe I should just not say 'shleping' to avoid confusion:)

And I thought you were just being sarcastic...;)

The meaning/definition I associate schlepping with is carrying with effort or without thinking it through. Think lugging an umbrella or wearing a raincoat on a beautiful sunny day...

By the way it's spelled schlepping...:rolleyes:

And I thought you were just being sarcastic...;)

The meaning/definition I associate schlepping with is carrying with effort or without thinking it through. Think lugging an umbrella or wearing a raincoat on a beautiful sunny day...

By the way it's spelled schlepping...:rolleyes:

By the way its against CC rules to point out spelling errors. You might want to review the TOS.

Never claimed I could spell. I do know the meaning of words.

yes

No water is not counted. I took 40 water bottles on last month for my husband and myself along with two 12 packs of sodas. No problem.

I still drink some ship water but not too much as all the salt causes ankles to swell. Never had any problem bringing alot of bottled water on.

They are getting strict, as I bought on about 4 NA beers for hubby and about 4-5 small wine bottles for me. So far doing this security seems to always want to do an extra "check" of my carry-on. For a minute the guard wasn't going to allow me to bring on the NA beer. I guess he thought it was "real" beer. Finally his supervisor said it was OK.

While he was checking my luggage. The supervisor was checking someone that had a cooler.. Plus I saw a few hard liquors that were being taken away. So if you are trying to bring on stuff that is not allowed, then it will not get through. You will have have to check it and hope it doesn't break.

Archived