Quick Bev. Package Question

rubiksgirl

Need some clarification please!

We are interested in purchasing the classic alcohol beverage package for our upcoming cruise. When I go to do this online, the first page says the package is $220. But then at checkout it says the package is $253 and the total is $286. So the total has 15% of the original $220 (which is $33) added on to it twice. Is that correct?

We are interested in purchasing the classic alcohol beverage package for our upcoming cruise. When I go to do this online, the first page says the package is $220. But then at checkout it says the package is $253 and the total is $286. So the total has 15% of the original $220 (which is $33) added on to it twice. Is that correct?

Yes, that's what happening but rest assured, the price actually charged will only include one 15% and not both. That has been broke since the new prices were rolled out earlier this year.

Could you pl. explain what is included in the package and how did you purchase it online?

Could you pl. explain what is included in the package and how did you purchase it online?

Go to celebritycruises.com and signup. You'll need your confirmation number. There's a tab for special drinks package. You can sign up there.

Hi, there is a stickey thread at the top of this forum with all kinds of

beverage package information.

As for where to purchase it on line? Go to the Celebrity website and

links for your cruise. Purchasing excursions, beverage packages,

Specialty Restaurants, etc. are all available through the net.

For our 7 day cruise, the price w/gratuities and tax was $404!! I will take $253, lol! I haven't booked it yet, seems like so much! They should mark the price listed to include these fees, it is very misleading.

You are paying the 15% gratuity as well as tax. I questioned the same thing when I received my confirmation of purchase.

If you want to save the tax, wait until you board to purchase the package. Once outside the territorial limits, you pay no tax.

If that's the deal, why doesn't everyone wait to buy the package until they board. I know I will be doing that. Don't you think the cruise lines would figure out how to avoid making people pay the taxes. Maybe 'reserve' the package before hand but do not finalize until boarding.

If that's the deal, why doesn't everyone wait to buy the package until they board. I know I will be doing that. Don't you think the cruise lines would figure out how to avoid making people pay the taxes. Maybe 'reserve' the package before hand but do not finalize until boarding.

Hi,:) you can't reserve a package before sailing without actually

making a purchase. Unless you are meaning to "put the money aside";)

for yourself.

I have never heard it is less to buy it on board. I am sailing in 2 weeks

and was not planning to buy one but I am going to ask about the

taxes.

Another good reason to wait and purchase on board is to use OBC as the beverage package gets charged to your Seapass account. I want to wait and see how much we drink and if they have beers DH likes before committing. Heck, if we like the drinks at Molecular Bar, that will be worth it at $12 a pop!

PS - Hi Lois!

There are lots of threads discussing what is included in the packages including a large, and very long, 'sticky' thread at the top of the Celebrity forum here on Cruise critic.

Celebrity's web site has a decent description - after all it is there product! Click here

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard/tabLanding.do?pagename=onboard_beverage_packages#onboard_beverage_packages_premium_classic_tab/onboard/asrPanel.do%3Fpagename=onboard_beverage_packages_premium_classic

Another good reason to wait and purchase on board is to use OBC as the beverage package gets charged to your Seapass account. I want to wait and see how much we drink and if they have beers DH likes before committing. Heck, if we like the drinks at Molecular Bar, that will be worth it at $12 a pop!

PS - Hi Lois!

Hi Sandi:)

For our 7 day cruise, the price w/gratuities and tax was $404!! I will take $253, lol! I haven't booked it yet, seems like so much! They should mark the price listed to include these fees, it is very misleading.

Our cruise is only 5 nights!

Thanks everyone for all the responses! I'm a little nervous to book it when its showing the 15% added twice so I think I will call Celebrity first to see what it should be.

Our cruise is only 5 nights!

Thanks everyone for all the responses! I'm a little nervous to book it when its showing the 15% added twice so I think I will call Celebrity first to see what it should be.

It's a mistake in the webprogram. If you push the 'buy' button, the second 15% vanishes!. So you defenitely don't pay this 15% twice.

(I purchased the package online a few days ago. This hick-up was mentioned on several threads on this forum, so I decided to trust my forumfriends and go for it. :D)

We have booked to go on Eclipse March 2013, so at present I am unable to log in to Celebrity website to find out prices etc for drinks packages.

Can anyone let me know the prices of the different drink packages as they are to date for 2011. I realise these will be increased by the time our cruise comes around, but then we can fix our costs a bit easier. Thanks for your help.

Here are the current prices for the 7 day Eclipse:

Classic Non-Alcoholic Package - $112.70

Premium Non-Alcoholic Package - $144.90

Classic Package - $354.20

Premium Package. - $434.70

These prices include the 15% gratuity.

Thanks for the info librarylady19. This is a great help

Loved your pictures....We live in Saside which is about 17 miles from Astoria and we have seen Celebrity ships in port once in a while...hope you enjoyed it...there's lots of history here too!!

Hi, I was in Astoria for the first time back in May:) lovely seaside town!

Good food too:D

Archived