MidnightBuffet

CanadaDeb

At last note, the buffet was closing at either 11 or 12 on most sailings.

Hi All....just wondering if Princess is offering a midnight buffet during the cruise...not that we need it but I am crurious. we are sailing the southern Caribbean thanks all.

I have not seen one on Princess recently.

I haven't seen one on the 2 cruises I did on Princess. The IC is open quite late (International Cafe in the Piazza), so you won't starve. Just as long as I get my peanut butter cookies and hot water for the Sleepytime tea I bring! :D

The fancy mid-night buffet disappeared on most cruise ships (including on Princess) a few years ago.

Closest thing to it will be on Island night which is a deck party which will have a fancy fruit and dessert buffet at about 11 PM.

Sorry - no midnight buffet......on our last Emerald cruise in October - Dining times were.....

International Cafe open 24/7

Horizon Court closed at 5:30 (after the Afternoon Snack)

Cafe Caribe open for dinner from 5:30 until 11:30

and of course the main dining rooms had their hours posted in the Patter.

Sorry - no midnight buffet......on our last Emerald cruise in October - Dining times were.....

International Cafe open 24/7

Horizon Court closed at 5:30 (after the Afternoon Snack)

Cafe Caribe open for dinner from 5:30 until 11:30

and of course the main dining rooms had their hours posted in the Patter.

When I was on the CB in August the International Cafe was open until about 1:30, as was the Caribe. Now the Caribe and Horizon Court are closed at 11, and I understand that the IC is open until 2:00. I'm sure even these times will be adjusted at some point. Nothing stays the same, it seems.

And pizza!!! But I heard they did away with this a couple years ago due to budget cuts. When I sailed the Emerald Princess last year, they didn't have a midnight buffet.
So far as I know, you can order pizza room service but there's a $3 service fee for delivery.

So far as I know, you can order pizza room service but there's a $3 service fee for delivery.

On the Crown this summer you could not order pizza outside of the hrs the pizza station was open which I believe was closed at 11 or 11:30pm...we were told that was the only place it could be cooked. Also the IC was closed at 11pm (we routinely raced down just before closing for a final cookie or decaf coffee). Maybe the timings vary by ship?

I remember our first couple of cruises a few years ago, one night only they would put on a spectacular midnight dessert buffet which was as much about presentation as taste. Amazing show pieces, carvings and food sculptures....so much so they would reserve the first 20-30 mins for pictures before they let people eat! It was so nice...I miss that.

I have been sailing with Princess for ~ 13 years - 22 cruises and NEVER saw a midnight buffet. It's not how/when they stopped - they never had one (at the lease the past 13 years) - am i wrong?

I can't say exactly when they stopped it but it was just around that time period. That pretty much coincided with the introduction of the Horizon buffet/ Cafe Caribe introduction. It was nice in it's day but sometimes just trying to stay up that late for just a quick bite wasn't worth the effort and was a tremendous waste of food for all of 45 minutes.

They do that as a daytime event now on a sea day, which makes a lot more sense.

On the Crown this summer you could not order pizza outside of the hrs the pizza station was open which I believe was closed at 11 or 11:30pm...we were told that was the only place it could be cooked. Also the IC was closed at 11pm (we routinely raced down just before closing for a final cookie or decaf coffee). Maybe the timings vary by ship?

I remember our first couple of cruises a few years ago, one night only they would put on a spectacular midnight dessert buffet which was as much about presentation as taste. Amazing show pieces, carvings and food sculptures....so much so they would reserve the first 20-30 mins for pictures before they let people eat! It was so nice...I miss that.

Archived