anniversary help

wfergi173

hello all!! im having trouble trying to figure out a cruise for my wife and i to take for our 20th wedding anniversary. we have been to Grand Cayman and Cozumel a couple of times and loved every min of it. We both like to see animals in thier natural enviroment but she is closterphobic so underwater activities are out( ive tried to get her to go at least once). we like the carribean but i wanted to show her somewhere other than where weve been. any suggestons? looking forward to any help you all can give me:)

Go Eastern Caribbean if you want a warm water destination! Don't know about the "animal" population, but the E. Caribbean is beautiful! So is the Southern.

If you don't care about a warm weather destination, go to Alaska....lots of wildlife (no snorkeling there!!!) and natural enviroment sort of things. Mid summer isn't THAT cold....sometimes, it can be quite warm....

Then, there's always a Hawaiian cruise, but if you haven't been to Hawaii, I'd recommend a land-based vacation....there's really too much to see in short port days...10 days on land minimum is what you'll need to get the "Hawaiian feel"!

After that, there are European/Med cruises.....airfare will cost, but you'll see things you won't see in the Carib!!!

I have done several Alaska cruise and loved them and one of them was our Anniversary cruise. There is lots of great information on Alaska on the Port of Call Board and there are lots of great itineraries and a wide range of cruise lines/ships to choose from.

Keith

hello all!! im having trouble trying to figure out a cruise for my wife and i to take for our 20th wedding anniversary. we have been to Grand Cayman and Cozumel a couple of times and loved every min of it. We both like to see animals in thier natural enviroment but she is closterphobic so underwater activities are out( ive tried to get her to go at least once). we like the carribean but i wanted to show her somewhere other than where weve been. any suggestons? looking forward to any help you all can give me:)

my wife and i renewed our vows for our 25th on the beach at megans bay st thomas. it was a surprise, we cruise with a large group from all over the USA and canada and they all attended. we used a local company, they have many options for every budget. their website is weddingstheislandway dot com check it out. my wife loved it, and i was a hero!!!! hardest part of the whole thing was getting her to the beach in time as well as making sure no one spilled the beans. just a thought. if you contact them tell them brian from travel master everett, ma sent you. good luck and congratulations

If you don't care about a warm weather destination, go to Alaska....lots of wildlife (no snorkeling there!!!) and natural enviroment sort of things. Mid summer isn't THAT cold....sometimes, it can be quite warm....

DH and 3 of the teenagers went snorkeling in Ketchikan. Air temp was 40F and wet. So was the water.:p Full bodysuits, only their cheeks were exposed.

We have done quite a few Alaskan cruises.

There are quite a few that are just 7 day round trip from both Seattle and Vancouver.

HAL also has a 14 day Alaskan cruise round trip out of Seattle that is wonderful.

If not Alaska -- consider a Souther Caribbean cruise -- the ABC islands -- Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao.

And then there are cruises that go to St Lucia, Antiqua, St Kitts, etc.

I second the nomination for Eastern Caribbean! My anniversary is also in August. Hubby celebrated our 5th anniversary on Mariner of the Seas. We went from Port Canaveral to Coco Cay, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten. It was my first balcony, and what a trip!! A pure week of absolute Heaven! We had been to Coco Cay a couple of times, so we already knew what to expect there. We had no idea St. Thomas and St. Maarten would be so fanstastic. Plenty to see, great sites, super romantic. :)

We celebrated our 25th with a Med cruise 2 years ago. On our room's balcony, my Mom performed a vow renewal ceremony, complete with a little sermon (she is not ordained but we couldn't have had a nicer blessing) our 2 daughters each did a reading from our original ceremony and my sister repeated her role as my maid of honor. They even made a small silk copy of my flowers and brought on board. It still brings a tear to my eyes to even think of how special it was. Do something sweet like this and I promise it won't matter where you are, it will be special.

BTW, everyone paid their own way. We all have so much fun, no one wants to be left at home! The same group will be going again this year. :)

My first choice would be a third sailing in French Polynesia. ;) But there are many cruises closer to home, including Alaska. I'm a warm weather person but loved both of our Alaska cruises, it can be as relaxing or exciting as you want. Canada/New England is very scenic and there is a 10 nt. on the Brilliance (Cape Liberty, NJ to Quebec) on 9/21/12, a 7 nt. r.t. from Boston on the Jewel of the Seas, and an 8 nt. Canada/New England r.t. from Baltimore also in September. Or if you prefer a warmer itinerary- a 9 or 10 nt. Bermuda & eastern Caribbean (on the Explorer) r.t. from Cape Liberty. Or the Radiance 10 nt. Hawaii on 9/14 (Vancouver to Honolulu). And there's always the Mediterranean or Norwegian Fjords! Have a great anniversary trip! :)

Archived