India

We are already booked on it. Thought it might be too early to start a roll call. The only issue I have with the itinerary is that the temperature in Thailand and India is a gazillion degrees:o In spite of that, I expect this to be a popular cruise. Have you booked yet?

This is an amazing itinerary. Iff India is your cup of tea. I would look hard at the weather data--it appears April might be an uncomfortable part of the year. I was in Mumbai in January and although the locals thought the weather was delightfully cool, I found it too hot at times.

I'm ready to go to India again, after vowing I never would. But I could never induce my husband to do this. I would definitely go in winter if I did go.

We are doing a similar itinerary on Regent in March - starts in Singapore, visits Sri Lanka, 4 ports in India and ends in Dubai. Very much looking forward to it. Wish there were more people on the role call for it, though. The ship is almost sold out but don't know where the people are!

I am originally from India and believe me when I say I NEVER visit in April.It is either scorching hot and humid (Mumbai)or scorching hot and dusty ( Delhi/Agra). The only time to visit is December to Feb. March may be ok in Delhi but is really hot in Mumbai or South India.

The best time for Thailand is also November to February. I did visit this year in late Feb and the temps were hot but bearable.

I am originally from India and believe me when I say I NEVER visit in April.It is either scorching hot and humid (Mumbai)or scorching hot and dusty ( Delhi/Agra). The only time to visit is December to Feb. March may be ok in Delhi but is really hot in Mumbai or South India.

The best time for Thailand is also November to February. I did visit this year in late Feb and the temps were hot but bearable.

Thanks, Emdee. This is such a great itinerary -- wonder why Regent is doing it at such a bad time:confused: Unfortunately, I am committed to this cruise -- after I put it off for 20 years. Will try not to melt.

Yes, we booked and yes, we are concerned about the heat and humidity. April and May are said to the hottest and most humid. I HATE humidity. Wish Regent would go in Feb or March.Hope most every place with have AC.

Judy this is the cruise we are going on in 2012. Wish you were coming too!

Sophie and Larry

We are doing a similar itinerary on Regent in March - starts in Singapore, visits Sri Lanka, 4 ports in India and ends in Dubai. Very much looking forward to it. Wish there were more people on the role call for it, though. The ship is almost sold out but don't know where the people are!

I agree... no one on roll call.

Yes, we booked and yes, we are concerned about the heat and humidity. April and May are said to the hottest and most humid. I HATE humidity. Wish Regent would go in Feb or March.Hope most every place with have AC.

Well, many places you will be visiting in India, I'm betting, will be outdoors or semi-outdoors (markets, boat trips, temples, churches, monuments). I can't imagine that much will be air conditioned, except for hotels or upscale restaurants. I could be wrong, it's been 10 years since I was there.

We are determined to enjoy this cruise regardless of the heat. I grew up in South Florida and learned to cope, on occasion, with heat. We toured Jeddah, Saudi Arabia in 100+ temperatures and had a blast. Experienced some hot yet delightful days in French Polynesia too. This itinerary is just too good to pass up over weather issues.

Hope the weather is indulgent for all of you!

Drink water and keep cool is the best advice.

If it was a tad earlier I would have myself considered it as its a great itinerary includes Srilanka etc.

We booked the Voyager for 34 days, Sydney to Hong Kong, 1-24/ 2-27, 2013...Hopefully better weather in Southeast Asia in Feruary. This itenerary up the East coast of Australia to Darwin on the North coast and on through Bali, Singapore ending in Hong Kong is one we have not done and have very much wished to..Regent includes one night in Sydney pre-cruise and best of all, 3 nights in Hong Kong...We will be able to fly nonstop from Vancouver to Sydney on Air Canada and then Non stop Hong Kong back to Vancouver on Cathay Pacific....:)

March 2012 is too soon for us. I would love to travel with you again. The Black Sea was great and so was the weather. We are used to heat living in Vegas but NOT Humidity! It does concern us. I remember being in Venice and it was so humid. John was ringing wet all the time. We have a year to cancel. I want to hear all about your trip and your thoughs about it. Judy

Jhp

I have visited all the ports in India and Thailand but not Srilanka. That is the draw for me. Just havent seen Srilanka on many itineraries. Srilanka is on the equator so at that time of year heat will be merciless.

I only visit those parts in december, jan and feb. Went to Vietnam/Cambodia and Thailand earlier this year in Feb returning March 5th and weather was perfect.

I am sure all will have a wonderful time -- its a Regent cruise afterall . Its just not for me.

My next far east trip is going to be Myanmar and Malaysia and likely by land.

Archived