Has anyone bought the "Excite the Senses" cookbook?

Gardyloo2

Just wondering if anyone has bought the cookbook? Did you like it?

Could you share the ISBN number so I can see if my local library can get it?

Yes, I bought on our cruise on Eclipse, it's absolutely fantastic.

Don't know what the ISBN? no is, but I'll have a look later and see if I can find anything.

Louise

The book is quite huge and has selected recipes from various venues onboard, i.e, some recipes from Blu, Bistro 5, Murano, Qzine, martini bar, etc. Beautiful full page color photos of foods. General descriptions of food preparation, staff members, what vineyards their wine offerrings are from, etc. Good general overview of the Celebrity line and their cusine. Lovely coffee table type book, but quite pricey.

Hi I have the book but have looked and cannot find the ISBN number on it anywhere. Maybe I am being dense though!!

It is a lovely coffee table book - too nice to take into my kitchen

It cost $59.95

Edited by uktog

I looked at it many times on our recent Connie cruise and thought it looked lovely. However it was just too big for me to bring home all the way from Istanbul.

Hoping to pick up on a future cruise sometime to partner with my Singapore Airlines Cookbook ...

Hi I have the book but have looked and cannot find the ISBN number on it anywhere. Maybe I am being dense though!!

It is a lovely coffee table book - too nice to take into my kitchen

It cost $59.95

The ISBN Number is located by the barcode on most books.

We bought a copy on board Millennium recently.

About that ISBN number .....

This book looks to be privately published by Celebrity.

It has no bar codes or publishing dates.

However, it is outstanding, especially the photography.

Many Many dishes, entrees, cocktails & desserts consumed on a Celebrity vessel are in there, 391 pages in length !

$59.95 is not asking a lot IMHO. ;)

Edited by 2morecruises
spelling

Yes, we purchased the book this summer and love it! But I'd describe it as more of an entertaining or lifestyle book than just a cookbook. It has great entertaining tips, recipes, wine tips, and behind the scenes insights. Very enjoyable coffee table book.

When the book was published I thought it was a joke. However I fastly went in through on cruise and actually bought one too. There aren't so much actual recipes on the book but it is really nice memory of the cruise too.

• 1 month later...
can you please let me know the website address and do they post to Australia.

Hi Rochey,

Im not sure if Celebrity will ship to Australia, but it is available for shipping on the US Celebrity website. Here's a link :

http://www.shopcelebritycruises.com/lifestyle.asp

On Edit : See Post #17 from The Big M - who quotes postage to Australia.

Edited by Host Andy

Just come off the Solstice and they were trying to flog this book for a special "$49.95".

I did have a look at it on the stand, cover to cover and if you are in to cooking, proper cooking, not guys around a bar b q or beans on toast cooks, but someone who can replicate dishes and enjoys that then i would say its probably your hobby and go for it. Other wise to me it is 200 plus glossy pictures of what I can never make and a list of ingredients that make as much sense as an IKEA DIY Instruction guide on assembling a large cabinet. It just isn't going to work for me.

Yes Celebrity have been awarded first place for food, but they are not going to publish their most closely guarded cooking secrets for everyone else to pinch.

For someone like me who can cook basics like fish, meat and chicken anyway, I passed on it, instead of calling it Excite the senses I would have called it "stimulate the wallet". Wait long enough and they will be on e-bay at half the price.