Bathing suit needed

Reenwad

I spent hours online over the weekend trying to find a bathing suit for an upcoming cruise. I can't find one locally this time of year, it's about to snow!

Where is the best online place for an "industrial" bathing suit. I'm not a small girl, and I need support, flattening and smoothing! About a size 14, so I'm not "plus size" but could shop at some of them that carry 14's.

Should I quit looking until I get closer? Cruise is January 29th, 2012.

LL Bean and that other catalog place (they are both similar!!!) have "industrial" swimsuits....

I doubt you'll find much in Jan!!!! We have a swimsuit store in our mall....have you checked to see if you have one somewhere within a reasonable distance? They ONLY sell swimwear, and they have TONS! Worth a drive to be able to try on the suit....every suit fits differently!

I buy all of my swim suits now at the same place that I get my bras from- always a good fit. (the store is Change but I don't think they have any more suits for the season) but I would try a bra store or how about a custom made suit from a store in your city? I've had that done before too.

I get Miracle Suits. They come by bra size. I'm a 14 and I do water sports and I find them very flattering and comfortable. Keep the girls in line. :) I usually get them at Macys but you can find them online as well. They have both patterns and solids, something for everyone!

I've always found the best "off season" selections are online at J.C. Penney, Land's End, and Speigel. Be sure to "google" for coupon codes. You can usually get discounts and/or free shipping. And remember, you can return to a local J.C. Penney store and some Sears' take returns for Land's End. (You can find out which Sears' online.)

I live in the deep South where it's warm and they still put out sweaters in August! UGH!

Love the bathing suits at Spiegel.com and Newport-News.com. They have SpapeFX bathing suits that are very figure-flattering. I've ordered from them for years, for sizes anywhere between 10 and 14. I love the fact that many of their "hold you in" suits come in so many bright, fun colors, rather than just black and dark blue. Each suit makes me feel pretty and confident. They're comfortable as well. If you go to retailmenot.com or ebates.com, you can normally find a decent coupon code for your purchase. Happy shopping!

Try "Always for Me" website. I have ordered a few suits and cover ups and they have all been really nice. It is a little pricy, but you get what you pay for. I like that they have reviews from people who bought the suits so you can kind of get a feel for how something will fit. They have sales all the time, just sign up for their emails and you can get stuff more reasonably priced. Good luck!:p

I love the allways for me site. But the sizes start at 16, so it sounds like she wont be able to find a 14 there.

For me, that is the only place I will ever be buying a suit from. I have a ton of suits, we live next to Lake Huron, plus we travel a lot. Not even the suits I have from lands end compare. Plus they have youngish cute styles.

Archived