Bucket list- Cruise to Hawaii, Round trip from San Diego

Darkwolfe

And I got slammed way back in post #2 for recommending Princess for you....

Just means you got the last laugh in the end Bruce. Run with it! :D

Given what I want to do with the trip, I'll probably do two days in SD and figure out a ride over to San Pedro on the day of the cruise. It should work out pretty good.

Of course who knows what will be rearranged by the time I'm ready to book!

Thanks for all the replies folks. I'm thinking at this point that Princess is likely to be the winner for this little adventure.

I'm glad you have made a decision to do this cruise. We have really enjoyed this type of cruise because you get lots of seas days and ports. Best of luck on all of this.

Keith

I'm not seeing any slamming. The OP specifically said they wanted to sail out of San Diego. It was pointed out that Princess doesn't and 3 alternatives were given. If you think that's slamming you may be reading way too much into my post...it wasn't rude, it wasn't insulting at all.

Strangely enough I don't get bored on sea days. Cruising is so far afield from my day to day world, that it's almost impossible to get bored.

I do the Caribbean thing every year now lol. Branching out and I can't afford a run on the Paul Gaugin just yet.

Pressing the like button on this one ...;)

Beautiful pictures and thanks, to everyone who responded to my query about weather and crossing the Pacific!

We were looking to go on a cruise to Hawaii for March 18th, DH 60th birthday! However, neither Celebrity nor RCCL cruise to Hawaii before that date, so now we are looking at other possibilities! Thought we would do the Panama Canal again, but here too, cannot find a X or RCI cruise for that time frame ... grrrrr :mad:Gonna have to resort to the caribbean for the 15th time, I guess!!!!!!!

Will get to Hawaii yet ...... thanks again, enjoyed all the posts and advice.

Marise:)

We were on Mariner OTS's last Mexican Riviera run last January. These pictures can say more about the Pacific than I can.

5365532288_2e55cdd5ea_z.jpg

Pacific Dawn by Wulfgar28, on Flickr

5365038791_c8b622aaf9_z.jpg

100_0020 by Wulfgar28, on Flickr

Archived