Concierge Question ... advice please!

stillcruisin'

We are booked in an inside stateroom on Deck 7. We have the oppportunity to upgrade to a Concierge cabin on Deck 9 for $40 pp, but we would lose our $75 shiboard credit. Is this worth it? We've always had an inside cabin, so I guess I don't know what I'm missing. It would basically cost us $150 more for the room. I just need to know if this is a good deal or not. Should we jump on it or keep the inside?

To me, it would be worth it.

If you're on a Millennium class ship, the room is larger than the other rooms with balconies. Oh yeah, plus you have a balcony.

The other amenities are nice, too. I've seen varying opinions here regarding their value, but it adds up to a nice package.

We are booked in an inside stateroom on Deck 7. We have the oppportunity to upgrade to a Concierge cabin on Deck 9 for $40 pp' date=' but we would lose our $75 shiboard credit. Is this worth it? We've always had an inside cabin, so I guess I don't know what I'm missing. It would basically cost us $150 more for the room. I just need to know if this is a good deal or not. Should we jump on it or keep the inside?[/quote']

Excellent deal, just having the veranda is worth it and I'm not a fan of concierge cabins. The only problem you may have is having the veranda may spoil you for any future cruises...

Hi StillCruisin',

You don't say how often you cruise... BUT it might be very worthwhile considering in addition to the Balcony and some niceties... you'd also get the PERK of an extra Cruise Point towards Elite (2 Points instead of 1) ... if you aren't Elite yet, this is a nice way to speed things up... a lot cheaper than taking another cruise to get that point otherwise.

Cheers!

We are booked in an inside stateroom on Deck 7. We have the oppportunity to upgrade to a Concierge cabin on Deck 9 for $40 pp' date=' but we would lose our $75 shiboard credit. Is this worth it? We've always had an inside cabin, so I guess I don't know what I'm missing. It would basically cost us $150 more for the room. I just need to know if this is a good deal or not. Should we jump on it or keep the inside?[/quote']

I'd definitely be all over that offer. My question is why would you lose your $75 OBC?

Don't forget to factor in the increased per person tipping costs.

Many thanks for all of your encouragement! The response was overwhelmingly unanimous in support of the upgrade. We went ahead and booked it based on all your great recommendations. I've never seen $349 for a CC cabin before and didn't want to miss a golden opportunity. We lose the shipboard credit because the offer wasn't combinable with other offers. Drat! But I can't wait to spend the days at sea on my own verandah ... relaxing, reading, listening to the ocean, and feeling the breeze on my face! Ahhhhhh! Thanks again for helping me decide. I'm sure we won't be disppointed. :D

Inside cabin or CC? You had me at Inside......Take the CC.

:rolleyes:

Ok, here's the deal, I'm leaving tomorrow on Millie...I originally booked and inside...I've graduated myself up to CC...I'll let you know. We usually book and stay with an inside, mom & me don't spend much time in the room. But thought since it's her birthday (soon) and 2 sea days on a 4 night cruise, I figured, why not...I promise to report in once I return...I'm hoping the next 4 days will feel like 7:rolleyes:

Definitely!

:rolleyes:

Ok' date=' here's the deal, I'm leaving tomorrow on Millie...I originally booked and inside...I've graduated myself up to CC...I'll let you know. We usually book and stay with an inside, mom & me don't spend much time in the room. But thought since it's her birthday (soon) and 2 sea days on a 4 night cruise, I figured, why not...I promise to report in once I return...I'm hoping the next 4 days will feel like 7:rolleyes:[/quote']

We'll look forward to hearing your report when you get back. Enjoy your cruise! And happy birthday to your mother!

What a great weekend! I must say, the crew is the MOST personable!!! Loved every smiling face! Loved CC!!! Mom thought the entire trip was great! The triangular balcony...if you can get it, do it! Not sure there are other lines that offer CC type class rooms but I can't go back to the inside or standard balcony on Celebrity!

Will post pictures later, but I must say, we spent a lot of time in the room...guess we were more tired than we thought, but man, it was good sleeping there!

I'm also elite and just loved the Capt Club Hostess Gaylena (sp). Rich the CD was great...Food, excellent...we really liked the buffet at night...great options. The brunch was the most beautiful ever! I'd never seen such a spread! Mom's last comment was, I would do this same one again!

What a great weekend! I must say' date=' the crew is the MOST personable!!! Loved every smiling face! Loved CC!!! Mom thought the entire trip was great! The triangular balcony...if you can get it, do it! Not sure there are other lines that offer CC type class rooms but I can't go back to the inside or standard balcony on Celebrity!

Will post pictures later, but I must say, we spent a lot of time in the room...guess we were more tired than we thought, but man, it was good sleeping there!

I'm also elite and just loved the Capt Club Hostess Gaylena (sp). Rich the CD was great...Food, excellent...we really liked the buffet at night...great options. The brunch was the most beautiful ever! I'd never seen such a spread! Mom's last comment was, I would do this same one again![/quote']

So glad to hear you had a wonderful cruise!

Archived