What do you do when a TA won't give you the obc for price drop?

millineumwoman

I'd be down at my TA's office with a loud mouth.. the TA better have a darn good reason.. cuz I can't think of one.. unless you booked other then ES and your past your final payment.. otherwise to me there is no excuse? :confused:

I usually get all that is due me in OBC and other price drops...but on my next cruise on PCL....the OBC went up significantly...but for new bookings only....and they said I could have the OBC if I cancelled and rebooked..

of course the new price was higher than what I booked at...

I still came out ahead though because I got a decent OBC when booking and then took advantage of a sale they were having later on and saved an additional $400.

was wondering what do you do if your TA won't give you the lower rate(price drop) you have found on carnivals website?

It seems like you tried this 2 years ago with Carnival.... How did it work out then???

okay i have been trying to get an upgrade from carnival. my pvp seems to not want to give me one. I have provided her with deals that I have seen on the internet where the price is cheaper less for an oceanview than what I am paying for an inside. all i am asking for is an upgrade to oceanview. I have also filled out carnivals claim form best guaranttee and have not heard back. so what should i do she is asking me now if i would want to have my vacation transfered to one of the places i have sent here where the samecruise is cheaper. aren't they suppose to honor and match the deals? this is my first time with carnival.

It seems like you tried this 2 years ago with Carnival.... How did it work out then???

okay i have been trying to get an upgrade from carnival. my pvp seems to not want to give me one. I have provided her with deals that I have seen on the internet where the price is cheaper less for an oceanview than what I am paying for an inside. all i am asking for is an upgrade to oceanview. I have also filled out carnivals claim form best guaranttee and have not heard back. so what should i do she is asking me now if i would want to have my vacation transfered to one of the places i have sent here where the samecruise is cheaper. aren't they suppose to honor and match the deals? this is my first time with carnival.

You have to see the drop on Carnival's website

was wondering what do you do if your TA won't give you the lower rate(price drop) you have found on carnivals website?

there could be a bunch of reasons the TA didnt give you the discount.

You MUST be booked Early Saver rate in order to get that discount.

You gotta be looking at the same category cabin for the price decrease.

Are you booked Early saver rate?

there could be a bunch of reasons the TA didnt give you the discount.

You MUST be booked Early Saver rate in order to get that discount.

You gotta be looking at the same category cabin for the price decrease.

Are you booked Early saver rate?

Doubt it was an ES booking as the op said the final due date was close

Just a quick insite folks...

if you book with a Travel agent REGARDLESS of the fare type your cruise reservation has been made for (ie: past guest.55 or older, Military, Early Saver etc)

If you cancel with that Travel Agent you will be taking a great chance of being charged penilties by that agency, Such as there are agencies that will charge their own cancelation penilities that could amount to more than what you originally paid for your cruise...

And with the economy as it is currently a lot more Travel agenices that are barely holding on will do just this...

Like I said Just to let you be aware...

if you book with a Travel agent REGARDLESS of the fare type your cruise reservation has been made for (ie: past guest.55 or older, Military, Early Saver etc)

If you cancel with that Travel Agent you will be taking a great chance of being charged penilties by that agency, Such as there are agencies that will charge their own cancelation penilities that could amount to more than what you originally paid for your cruise...

And with the economy as it is currently a lot more Travel agenices that are barely holding on will do just this...

Like I said Just to let you be aware...

LOL! I have not see that one yet but ok.

Also cruiseliens have cancellations policies also.......

What?????

For your information there is a better chance that the TA doesn't charge fees and even if they did, could cost more than the cruise????

What????

A TA is under no obligation to change the rate that you agreed to pay in the beginning. If they won't do it for you then you don't have to do business with them. A large number of agencies are charging a fee for every one of these that they have to process, because he one costs them part of their commission and makes them do more work.

Would you like to do extra work for your boss and have to pay for the privilege of doing it?

Enough said!

A TA is under no obligation to change the rate that you agreed to pay in the beginning. If they won't do it for you then you don't have to do business with them. A large number of agencies are charging a fee for every one of these that they have to process, because he one costs them part of their commission and makes them do more work.

Would you like to do extra work for your boss and have to pay for the privilege of doing it?

Enough said!

I haven't had an opportunity to submit a price drop request to my TA yet (CruisesOnly) and I wondered how they dealt with these. They charge a nominal fee for placing the booking (incentives made up for that), has anyone submitted a rate change through CruisesOnly?

There isn't a whole lot you can do other than ask the TA to submit the form for the price drop and if they refuse, you are out of luck. The TA "owns" your reservation and they don't have to do anything. You would think they would do whatever then can to keep the client happy so that the client uses their services again and maybe most do, but I had one bad experience (and have been told of many others) that almost cost me a great deal of money which is why I do not book with a travel agent.

I once booked a WDW package with a TA and then found I could get the package cheaper directly through WDW - kind of the same thing, WDW has "codes" they release periodically and when this code came out the TA wouldn't submit it for me so I rebooked directly through WDW. I had a really hard time getting the TA to cancel my original booking - it took an email to her head office (an online TA) about a month later and then it finally got cancelled and my deposit returned. Never again have I or will I book with a TA things that I can book myself.

I'm sure there are many, many wonderful travel agents out there and if you can find one, that's great, maybe do some research (ask if they submit price reduction forms, etc.) and get recommendations before making a booking next time.

Enough said!

Actually, quite a bit more can be said.

It depends on how you define "extra work", and if realistic expectations are set up front. Does a TA see their role merely as a transaction processor, or as a customer service provider? Was the answer to that question provided to the customer as part of "landing the commission"?

Archived