The Lawn Club Grill?

dmk

I really enjoyed the experience. It is nice doing al fresco dining on a cruise ship and the food was very good. Excellent cuts of meat, tasty shish-ka-bobs and the flat bread pizza is fun to make and much, much better than the buffet pizza. While I was not crazy about the side dishes or dessert, I was so full from the pizza, steak and shish-kabob it did not matter. The servers were extremely attentive and friendly and you can do as little or much of the cooking as you want. While the price tag is a bit steep, I would probably do it again - especially if I do it through one of their specialty dining packages where you receive reduced price for booking multiple restaurants.

I really enjoyed the experience. It is nice doing al fresco dining on a cruise ship and the food was very good. Excellent cuts of meat, tasty shish-ka-bobs and the flat bread pizza is fun to make and much, much better than the buffet pizza. While I was not crazy about the side dishes or dessert, I was so full from the pizza, steak and shish-kabob it did not matter. The servers were extremely attentive and friendly and you can do as little or much of the cooking as you want. While the price tag is a bit steep, I would probably do it again - especially if I do it through one of their specialty dining packages where you receive reduced price for booking multiple restaurants.

Could you tell me a little more about the reduced price package for booking multiple restaurants? Can you you book this prior to boarding? We will be on the Sillouhette in March. Thanks.

Could you tell me a little more about the reduced price package for booking multiple restaurants? Can you you book this prior to boarding? We will be on the Sillouhette in March. Thanks.

So far it may only be booked on board the ship. They have 3 dinner and 5 dinner options and also options with or without bottles of wine. The only negative is you do not get to pick and choose which restaurants you want to go to. The 3 dinner package on Silhouette includes one meal each at Qsine, Murano and Tuscan Grille. The 5 dinner package includes one each at Qsine, Muranio and Lawn Club Grill and two dinners at Tuscan Grille. The savings though is nice. Celebrity's website has more information about these packages under the specialty dining area of the website.

I'd like to know more, too. Where is it? Is it for dinner? lunch? Thanks

The Lawn Club Grill is located in the Lawn Club area of the ship (high deck, near the aft). It is open for dinner nightly and sometimes opens for lunch on sea days. You have the option of grilling your own dinner (under a chef's supervision) or having the food prepared for you. You also get to choose your cut of meat/fish from the freezer. The first course is a salad bar and the second course is a make-your-own pizza (you toss the dough and choose your own sauces, cheeses and toppings). The third course is your choice of various meats (i.e. Ribeye, Lamb Chop, etc), fish and shish-ka-bobs. The venue has all outdoor seating. I have several pictures of the Lawn Club Grill on my Silhouette album: http://s497.photobucket.com/albums/rr333/buffy88nw/Cruise%20Vacation%20Photos/

Here are a couple shots:

IMG_2999.jpg

IMG_3003.jpg

IMG_3027.jpg

IMG_3029.jpg

Agree completely....we had a blast...both times we went!! Gonzo...on the side dishes....the lobster mac 'n cheese was pretty good....desserts the weakest link......

Gonzo70:)

Thanks for the info and lovely pics.

A couple of questions...what happens in poor weather if the Lawn Club is outdoors.

Could you refresh my memory as to the price?

I just went to the Celebrity website and am confused. Is there a Lawn Club Grille on the Eclipse?

Lawn Club Grill is only on Silhouette. Reflection will have one too.

Eclipse has Tuscan Grille, Murano and Qsine as well as Bistro on 5. I highly recommend Qsine and Murano.

Gonzo70:)

Thanks for the info and lovely pics.

A couple of questions...what happens in poor weather if the Lawn Club is outdoors.

Could you refresh my memory as to the price?

The price is currently $40. It was originally $30 and I had made my reservation at that price point. At $30 I feel it was a good deal, but $40 is a bit steep. If booked as part of a package it brings it back down closer to the $30 price point.

I am not sure how they handle inclement weather. It got a bit chilly towards the end of our meal and the waiter brought us over blankets. I am not sure if they would be able to stay open if it was raining or not.

Hi BM64,

Celebrity offers a few Specialty Dining packages, with Wine & without. The package without Wine is 89.00 pp for 3 Specialty Dinners, and 129.00 pp for 5 Specialty Dinners. There's a format of the venues included, depending upon the ship. If you would like additional information, the phone number is 800-722-5941.

I hope this helps !

• 1 month later...

Hello BM64

I am on the same cruise as you, with my kids ages 15 and 18. We are looking for a family to join us for dinner at QSINE. We were on a sister ship last year and QSINE was a lot of fun. It is better to have a large group in order to be able to try more dishes. They will bring as many dishes as you want. The menu is on an IPAD. The presentations are very creative making this a fun place for kids. We currently have a reservation at 6 PM on April 4th. If you would like to join us please let me know and we can combine reservations. Cheers.

Dan

Celebrity offers a few Specialty Dining packages, with wine & without. The package without wine is 89.00 pp for 3 Specialty Dinners, and 129.00 pp for 5 Specialty Dinners.

Thanks, Andy. That sounds pretty good to us.

We saw, at the "X" site, that there are the following packages that include wine: (1) Savor Package -- 3 dining reservations and 3 bottles of wine per couple. (2) Gourmand Package -- 5 dining reservations and 3 bottles of wine per couple. (3) Bacchus Package -- 5 dining reservations and 5 bottles of wine per couple.

Would you happen to know what the prices are for the above packages that include wine? Or is there a wide range of prices, based on the kind(s) of wine that the couple chooses? If there is a price range, do you know what are the lower and upper limits of the range?

Thanks, in advance.

The price is currently $40. It was originally $30 and I had made my reservation at that price point. At $30 I feel it was a good deal, but $40 is a bit steep. If booked as part of a package it brings it back down closer to the $30 price point.

I am not sure how they handle inclement weather. It got a bit chilly towards the end of our meal and the waiter brought us over blankets. I am not sure if they would be able to stay open if it was raining or not.

I know from personal experience that they can stay open if it is raining. They put down a transparent side and had patio heaters. My party loved the experience. The food and service was excellent. I made the flatbread pizza, but I did not cook the steaks. It was the best steak that I had on the cruise.

The Lawn Club Grill is located in the Lawn Club area of the ship (high deck, near the aft). It is open for dinner nightly and sometimes opens for lunch on sea days. You have the option of grilling your own dinner (under a chef's supervision) or having the food prepared for you. You also get to choose your cut of meat/fish from the freezer. The first course is a salad bar and the second course is a make-your-own pizza (you toss the dough and choose your own sauces, cheeses and toppings). The third course is your choice of various meats (i.e. Ribeye, Lamb Chop, etc), fish and shish-ka-bobs. The venue has all outdoor seating. I have several pictures of the Lawn Club Grill on my Silhouette album: http://s497.photobucket.com/albums/rr333/buffy88nw/Cruise%20Vacation%20Photos/

Here are a couple shots:

...>>>SNIP<<<...

IMG_3029.jpg

As a meat lover, my mouth waters whenever I see this picture.

We were on the Silhouette in December and here are some pictures of the place when it was empty (right before the daily 5 PM trivia wars.:D)

2559786590096246620S600x600Q85.jpg

2012398010096246620S600x600Q85.jpg

2938034270096246620S600x600Q85.jpg

2393336480096246620S600x600Q85.jpg

If anyone would like to try the Lawn Club on land, we do that type of cooking at least two times a week here in SW Florida....that picture and tray of food could have just come off my grill. Obviously, I would not be too excited about paying $40 pp to do what I do at home...but if you don't grill at home, it can be a fun dinner, of course.

QSINE is fun....(very interesting menu and very creatively served....you are going for the fun, it's not murano quality food, but it's good). I'm not sure why one needs more than 2-4 people. There is no requirement that you finish any course....just eat what you want..in fact you can ask for smaller servings and they will accomodate where possible. I know that means more waste...but just live with that issue and try what you want. You will not get demerits, a note from the captain, and your room steward will not refuse to give you a cabin animal if you just eat part of each course. Definitely worth trying once on a cruise.

Archived