Park hyatt sydney update

Acrusa

We are booked into the Park Hyatt for Feb 2012 for 4 days.The hotel took our reservation but still is not open yet.Anyone have any more updated inforamtion as to when thye wiil open? Should we book another hotel just incase?

Their web site shows that they expect to be done end of 2011 and they are taking reservations starting for 2/1/12. Obviously they have some pad in here for January.

If this was me I would make a back up reservation but my guess is you will be fine.

Keith

Agree with the above. The date then should be pretty safe; launch should be before then and they'll open up with extra vacancies earlier if so. In the worst case, I'd expect they'd arrange elsewhere, but I expect that to be very unlikely.

Biggest downside would be that being newly re-opened some things may not go as smoothly as when everything is bedded in (the same as being on a new ship).

There is an article in today's Sydney Morning Herald, on the renovation of the Park Hyatt.

It quotes a spokesman as saying the official opening date is 1st February, but the doors may be open before Christmas.

This should put your mind at ease.

Archived