New "Early Saver" question

ninneman

Hi Everyone,

How can I find out if there's a price drop on my cruise. I booked using the "Early Saver" for our cruise on 3/17/2012. My husband is DOD employee, we are not 55, live in MO and have never cruised with Carnival.

What should I look for if there's a price drop besides the "Price engine" on the Carnival website?

Thank you

Hi Everyone,

How can I find out if there's a price drop on my cruise. I booked using the "Early Saver" for our cruise on 3/17/2012. My husband is DOD employee, we are not 55, live in MO and have never cruised with Carnival.

What should I look for if there's a price drop besides the "Price engine" on the Carnival website?

Thank you

You say your dh works for DOD...is he eligible for military rates? If so...Carnival does not show military rates on their website. You can find military rates for Carnival listed on other websites. Unfortunately it is against CC rules to post the web addresses. If you google military cruise deals you will be able to find several sites that lists the military rates.

Hi neighbor (from Jeff City, its close anyway). Check out carnival fareviewer or booking engine. Even though its CCL site, I don't know if it will allow me to put the link in here so I will just tell you what its called to google it.

Whenever you check, always check the box to look for resident rates, even though you live in MO. My last cruise we booked resident rate (it was before Early Saver Rate) and we got a really great deal. I thought for resident rates you would have to live in a port state, but definitely not.

Checking fareviewer is fine. As OP stated always include your state. I'm in NC and got a great resident rate last cruise.

Fareviewer: http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer

If you find a price drop, this is the form you submit (only if you booked directly through Carnival):

http://www.carnival.com/cms/requestforms/CCLEarlySaverForm.aspx

Good Luck!!!

Does the fare shown on the fare viewer include taxes? Thanks.

no, you need to know the price you paid for cruise only.

You can see that information on your booking on carnival web page under the general information tab

Checking fareviewer is fine. As OP stated always include your state. I'm in NC and got a great resident rate last cruise.

Fareviewer: http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer

If you find a price drop, this is the form you submit (only if you booked directly through Carnival):

http://www.carnival.com/cms/requestforms/CCLEarlySaverForm.aspx

Good Luck!!!

Thanks. I checked it out and the current fare is $100 less than what I paid. I submitted the claim form. They said they would have an answer in 3 working days. Thanks for your help.

Scott

Thanks. I checked it out and the current fare is $100 less than what I paid. I submitted the claim form. They said they would have an answer in 3 working days. Thanks for your help.

Scott

SCOTT- if you compared cruise price only and not added the taxes and booked the ES rate you should get the 100.

You say your dh works for DOD...is he eligible for military rates? If so...Carnival does not show military rates on their website. You can find military rates for Carnival listed on other websites. Unfortunately it is against CC rules to post the web addresses. If you google military cruise deals you will be able to find several sites that lists the military rates.

Thank you and I'll try that. I do know that one deal specifically said not eligible for DOD employees.

Hi neighbor (from Jeff City, its close anyway). Check out carnival fareviewer or booking engine. Even though its CCL site, I don't know if it will allow me to put the link in here so I will just tell you what its called to google it.

Whenever you check, always check the box to look for resident rates, even though you live in MO. My last cruise we booked resident rate (it was before Early Saver Rate) and we got a really great deal. I thought for resident rates you would have to live in a port state, but definitely not.

Hi,

And thank you! I didn't know that!

• 1 month later...

I just checked our rate using the fare viewer and saw a $50 drop for our category as compared to the price quoted by cruisesonly at the time of booking using the Early Saver rate. I called cruisesonly today to make the final payment and take advantage of the $50 drop but when they contacted Carnival they found a $40 increase.

Not sure why we're seeing a $90 disparity?

I just checked our rate using the fare viewer and saw a $50 drop for our category as compared to the price quoted by XXXX at the time of booking using the Early Saver rate. I called XXXX today to make the final payment and take advantage of the $50 drop but when they contacted Carnival they found a $40 increase.

Not sure why we're seeing a $90 disparity?

just say "my TA" as we cannot name a TA or even quote your post without breaking the TOS on here

You TA should be able to see the rates themselves. Wierd they would call Carnival to get a rate?? That alone sounds fake. I can go to any number of websites and see the rates myself and Im not a TA, and can determine if the price is higher or lower than what I paid.

I take a screen shot and attach it as proof.

Gotchya on the TA ID.

They saw the price was $40 higher and contacted Carnival for confirmation only because I was seeing it differently. Have had great experience with this TA by the way.

I tried the fare viewer again except this time I did not select the "Past Guest" and "over 55" options and the rate is $40 higher. So I gather these options do not apply since we bought the Early Saver rate.

Gotchya on the TA ID.

They saw the price was $40 higher and contacted Carnival for confirmation only because I was seeing it differently. Have had great experience with this TA by the way.

I tried the fare viewer again except this time I did not select the "Past Guest" and "over 55" options and the rate is $40 higher. So I gather these options do not apply since we bought the Early Saver rate.

You can price match to any rate you qualify for (some say you dont even have to qualify for the rates to price match, but thats another thread)

If a past guest rate is lower, then I state the time and date I saw the lower price and what kind of rate, such as I saw it at 3:09 pm on 12/21/12, and it was a senior rate or past guest rate etc.

And I take a screen shot showing the rate and the category in the same shot.

Archived