Still Pepsi - or back to Coke yet?

pcreek

My DH only likes Coke products. <sigh>

If still Pepsi, do you know what types - if any - Diet they have, besides just diet pepsi? Do they have any caffeine free diet ?

I know we can bring our own soda onboard. That is not an issue.

One more question - is it okay to bring on (carry on, of course) already opened 2 liter bottle(s)? Just wondering if we have some from the hotel night before / that morning and he has some just opened. Would rather not drag all the way only to have to throw it away. We'll just leave it at the hotel.

I'm a coffee / ice tea drinker, so I think I'm all set! :D:D

Thanks for the input!

I always get a kick out of these discussions.

me, too! As an Atlanta resident (Coke is headquartered here), it amuses me why people get so riled up about which is better (and it's almost always the Coke drinkers who do!). I'll drink either, but I enjoy teasing those with a strong preference either way. ;)

me, too! As an Atlanta resident (Coke is headquartered here), it amuses me why people get so riled up about which is better (and it's almost always the Coke drinkers who do!). I'll drink either, but I enjoy teasing those with a strong preference either way. ;)

Whats really funny is if you go a little further South EVERY thing is coke , as in pop , soda .

Like what kinda coke you want ? orange , lemon lime , cola. Its wierd:D

Thanks everyone!

So, can he take on an opened 2 liter bottle?

Guess we'll find out soon enough, if he has an open bottle!

lol

The official answer is no. Unsealed bottles are not allowed because it's not easy for NCL to determine whether it's really soda or not. That said, it's possible you might get through just because it's overlooked.

I always get a kick out of these discussions. I wonder if people realize that many bars on land don't carry pepsi or coke. They use cheap generic cola and most people never even notice.

Excellent point. I am certain that most people who think they can tell the difference would fail a blind taste test, especially if we're talking about a mixed drink.

I prefer Pepsi, too, but I'll drink either one. Certainly not a big deal either way.

The official answer is no. Unsealed bottles are not allowed because it's not easy for NCL to determine whether it's really soda or not. That said, it's possible you might get through just because it's overlooked.

That's what I thought...but I wanted to make sure. I didn't want to have to listen to him gripe about having to throw away 1/2 bottle of his soda! LOL

He claims to know the difference in Coke / Pepsi. :rolleyes:

He said one is sweeter. (and since he's diabetic, he's overly cautious)

He doesn't mix w/ alcohol or go to bars.

Thanks for the info!

I always get a kick out of these discussions. I wonder if people realize that many bars on land don't carry pepsi or coke. They use cheap generic cola and most people never even notice.

That's why when I have to eat fast food (which is rare) I never fall for the combo deal because the fountain soda is just garbage costing about 5 cents a container.

I've always said if your gonna eat/drink calories make them good ones.

That's why when I have to eat fast food (which is rare) I never fall for the combo deal because the fountain soda is just garbage costing about 5 cents a container.

I've always said if your gonna eat/drink calories make them good ones.

Depends on how they have the mix set.

Three things:

1. I am a native of Atlanta and everything was a coke growing up, but due to the influx of non-native species (LOL) I have learned to say "soda." My kids say soda natually....sigh......

2. Now that sugared drinks are a thing of the not too distant past (got to watch those calories) I HATE diet coke - it is diet Pepsi for me... who would have thought I would sink so low.....;)

3. I have taken already opened bottles of soda and water in my carryon and they never said a word - don't through it out if you paid for it... If you get some kind of NCL "watchdog" you can always throw it out. But I don't see that happening as they are extremely nice, the absolute best:)

Three things:

1. I am a native of Atlanta and everything was a coke growing up, but due to the influx of non-native species (LOL) I have learned to say "soda." My kids say soda natually....sigh......

2. Now that sugared drinks are a thing of the not too distant past (got to watch those calories) I HATE diet coke - it is diet Pepsi for me... who would have thought I would sink so low.....;)

3. I have taken already opened bottles of soda and water in my carryon and they never said a word - don't through it out if you paid for it... If you get some kind of NCL "watchdog" you can always throw it out. But I don't see that happening as they are extremely nice, the absolute best:)

Its POP north of the Mason Dixen :D Well , for most of us..

Archived