Favorite Cruise Drinks

In my opinion, no :D But that is an European opionion ;) LOL

On that matter none of the drinks are to strong or to light…I think they really follow strict guidelines when they are pouring.

I had a strong one on the Marnier a few years back... can't remember the name of it, but it was 5 different rums and a tiny bit of juice... I got in the elevator and there was a man and wife and two kids and the man looked at me (I look young, and I was like 22 at the time) and said, that looks a little strong, I can smell the rum from here, and he was right... I could not taste any juice at all- just rum- like I had ordered it on the rocks... lol! I heard a girl ordering it later and complaining the first one she had had knocked her out of her seat and I was thinking we must've had the same bar tender... ;)

frankly, I watched and didn't see them measure at all when I ordered, they just tipped the bottle over and poured.

I will def try the Miami Vice, but whats in a Cocoloco/Labadoosie

Ingredients:

1/2 oz Orange Juice Concentrate

1/2 oz Pineapple Juice Concentrate

1/2 oz Papaya Juice Concentrate

1/2 oz Coconut Cream

3/4 oz Dark Rum

3/4 oz Coconut Rum

1/4 oz Grenadine

Crushed ice

(Makes one cocktail)

On the Explorer last year, I told one of the bartenders to surprise me and pick the drink himself: he ended up making me a BBC, which was delicious. I now have to have them (at least one....usually more than one) on every cruise!

(I believe the BBC stands for Bailey's® Irish cream, creme de bananes and pina colada mix.)

Can anyone give me any idea of the price of drinks - beer, wine, mixed drinks? I'm considering buying one of the wine packages, but would prefer just to buy it by the bottle on board if the price is comparable. Thanks! Am traveling with my niece and nephew so many drinks will be consumed!

Are there any parties or events where drinks are free?

We always order the wine package when we get on board. Drinks seem to be 7-10 dollars,

Free drinks: I've only seen champagne at the welcome aboard event and the art auction.

We always order the wine package when we get on board. Drinks seem to be 7-10 dollars,

Free drinks: I've only seen champagne at the welcome aboard event and the art auction.

Welcome aboard? You mean the Captain's Cocktail party? it's been a few years, but they used to have wine and rum punch at those as well...

Well, a tradition for me is to start off sailaway with a.................................drum roll please.............................mai tai. OOOOhhhh...big surprise.

However, after that I like to try a few different ones each cruise. Something from the blender is always good!

For my DW, it is probably a martini of some sort. We both enjoy wine with . Out by the pool.....an umbrella drink or an ice cold beer.

It's all good....we're on a cruise!!!:D

I get this every cruise King Luis XIII $79 shot Very good im just hoping that one time Ill get the last shot. You buy the last shot you keep the bottle 100% crystal worth $400

Welcome aboard? You mean the Captain's Cocktail party? it's been a few years, but they used to have wine and rum punch at those as well...

During the captain welcome onboard party it’s only a sparkling wine (champagne but not from the Champagne region) and a non alcoholic punch.

At C&A welcome back party there is a lot more choice of complimentary drinks, champagne, champagne cocktail and a few other things including non alcoholic.

A Yellow Bird for me...if I read it on the menu I wouldn't choose it but a very dear cruising friend passed away last year and it was her favourite.

The next time we cruised together we all ordered them - I was a little apprehensive due to the creme de banane but it was an absolute delight and now that is my sailaway drink...to absent friends :):)

Archived