Solstice questions -- Sunset Veranda and kids

Ariel35

Hi everyone,

I'm looking at booking a SV room (8342) for a December cruise. It's a connecting room - has anyone had any issues with them?

Also... there would be 2 adults and 2 kids in the room. Will there be enough space?

Lastly, does the Solstice have entertainment, etc for kids. They are 5 and 3, and I am looking at the cruise as a vacation for them.

Any advice is much appreciated! Thank you!

It will be very tight in the space department.

Technically speaking, many of the cabins on the S class ships are connecting. But instead of having interior doors, they are connected by opening the regular doors and closing the hallway doors. But no, there is no problem with the cabins next to yours.

I guess you haven't heard that cruise lines have kids programs. I suggest going onto Celebrity's website and reading up on the activities, hours of operation and cost (for after hours activities).

Here is a thread that you might find interesting. The Howarth family of four (two children) sailed on the Eclipse this summer and have included lots of child-centered information, pictures and videos.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1454387&highlight=howarth

We were on the Solstice in the Eastern Med this summer (for 13 days) with my 4 YO granddaughter and there was plenty for her to do. She loved the ship and the children's programming, and asks daily when we can go back on "our ship".

She shared an Oceanview stateroom with her mom and her aunt, and one of her favourite activities, believe it or not, was sitting in the "windowseat" watching the waves. I think she is a real sailor at heart.

She received fantastic care and attention from the staff everywhere...in the Fun Factory, and from our waiters and her staffroom attendants.

I would take her back on a Celebrity ship in a heartbeat.

Hi everyone,

I'm looking at booking a SV room (8342) for a December cruise. It's a connecting room - has anyone had any issues with them?

Also... there would be 2 adults and 2 kids in the room. Will there be enough space?

Lastly, does the Solstice have entertainment, etc for kids. They are 5 and 3, and I am looking at the cruise as a vacation for them.

Myself and husband and two girls-- older than yours always stay together in this size cabin-- no issues at al. Of course its going to be a little tight- but who cares. My girls have been cruising since they were as old as your kids now- Celebrity has always been there favorite choice. I think the kids program is one of the best at sea!

Thank you so much for the info!

It's nice to know that there is so much for kids to do!

I was on Century this year to Alaska and it seemed their kids program was quite small (and hence my hesitation).

Depends on when you go, what week in Dec. If over Christmas vacation there will be a lot of kids, the other weeks not so many. All depends on school schedules...

If I was cruising with kids I would pick RCL or Carnival. So many more kids onboard for them to meet up with.

IMHO this is a negative. I don't like it when the kids' clubs are very full. It actually equates to less time for my child to have access to the facilities that are available for children. Also the Kids councillors have less time to focus on each child as they are much busier.

It might be ok for older children but not a 3 and 5 year old.

Hi everyone,

As others have said the connecting rooms are cleverly designed and fine. No door in the wall. I'm not sure how many cabins are left available on your sailing, but you might be better off choosing one that has the upper berth denoted by the triangle (eg 7317). This will have the same arrangement as the pictures in the thread Elena posted. No big deal, but it keeps access to the balcony and desk more open when set up than a sofa bed for 2.

Phil

Hi, we sail with out kids (now aged 8 and 13 but at the time younger) and they love Celebrity - I love that its a little "calmer" in terms of entertainment i.e. not too rowdy and crowded for kids, its still packed with stuff for them to do without feeling like a travelling zoo!!! The kids club is lovely, and very professionally run.

With regard to cabin, ask for availability for an FV (Family verandah) they are priced the same as a regular cabin, but are much bigger, to accomodate a family - a small bunk room, a large living area and a seperate master bedroom for parents. One bathroom only, but this did not bother us. They usually only allow bookings for parties of 5, but its worth asking, as sometimes they will open them up to smaller numbers - we have sailed in one on Solstice, and one on Constellation and loved it.

Whatever you book, I am sure you will love this ship and cruise experience! I second the comment about Jo and Rob Howarths review and photos - amazing.

Archived