Transportation LAX to San Pedro

alabama ghost

I know this has been asked before, but we are a group of 6 going on a 14 day cruise out of San Pedro and need transportation from LAX to the Doubletree San Pedro.

On our return we'll need to be picked up at the ship and taken to LAX--we have an early flight.

Any recommendation as to a car service that's really reliable? We'd want something just for us, no shuttle type that goes everywhere.

Can anyone help here?

Because it is six you will need something larger.

I've use Carey Limousine for a larger requirement. You can get something like an executive SUV.

Other option is to book an entire shuttle for just the six of you with Super Shuttle. I would compare both.

By the way, what time is your flight out of LAX?

Keith

Our flight arrives in LAX at 6:30pm. Our departure flight leaves at 12:15pm (as of today). I know that's really too soon, but the next Delta flight is 10pm. Another reason why we really need reliable transportation from the dock to LAX.

I had seen, Keith, where you recommended Execucar, but they didn't seem to have anything large enough.

Thanks for any help!

Pam

HI Pam, 12:15 PM will be fine.

Yes, I normally recommend execucar but I didn't think they would have something large enough which is why I mentioned Carey. We've used them for larger vehicles. They will be pricier but they have the vehicles and they are highly reliable and we do use them.

Another option is getting your own shuttle.

I wouldn't use the ships transfers because you are paying for six people. I think these other alternatives will work out better.

Keith

We had a Delta flt at 11:10 from LAX. We signed up for the early walkoff. We had taken Supershuttle from LAX to Long Beach with no problem. When we disembarked the Supershuttle starter said they wait for a full shuttle with the possibility of stops along the way. He said we should be OK but "should" being the key word we opted for a taxi for $58. We arrived at LAX in plenty of time. With you traveling in a group I would call Supershuttle and see if they could pick your group at the port. Your flight time should be no problem.

Last year I had checked with Princess about a transfer to LAX for a flight and was told if the flight was before 12:30 they could not book me for a transfer. I imagine the same thing is true now, although this is with Cunard.

Thanks for your help.

Pam

I wouldn't necessarily think Cunard is going to do the exact same thing Princess is doing. Particularly as it is only 15 minutes we are talking about.

For 6, SuperShuttle may book a shuttle just for you. So no other stops. Or for you and maybe another couple going ship to LAX,

According to the Super Shuttle fare quote system, an exclusive van that holds 9 people, would be $84 (plus tip) total for the six of you.

Primetime Shuttle has an exclusive 7 passenger van for $75 (plus tip.)

I think if you made your reservation in advance, you would be picked up quickly after you left the ship and on your way to LAX.

Thanks for all your help. I'll go on and make our reservations today!

Pam

Pam, be sure to have the phone number handy with you and that they have your cell phone number. Call them before you are ready for the pickup. Also reconfirm everything a day or two before pickup. It makes it all the more easier.

Keith

I was going to reserve with Super Shuttle, but called and didn't like the attitude of their customer service person so didn't. Instead, I booked with Master's Limousine. They had great reviews and I've used limos.com before with great results. (Found them on limos.com)

I tried Carey's Limos, Keith, but was about 3 x more so decided against them. I had also heard negative things about PT.

Thanks for all your advice. I'll let you know how it works out.:D

• 1 month later...

We used Master's Limousine (found through Limos.com) for pickup at LAX taking us to Doubletree San Pedro. We also used them for pickup at the cruise terminal and trip to LAX.

We were late getting off the ship, didn't get off until about 9:30am, but at LAX in plenty of time for 11:40 flight. Don't recommend you do that, but it is doable if traffic isn't bad. We had made reservations with them way ahead of time--$16 deposit, balance charged to cc. Cost for a 9 person van (in each case) was $120 which we thought was very good. Cruise line was charging $330 for van of this size transfer.

Would recommend this company.

Pam

I had major troubles with PT (they messed up on both ends of our booking for December/January) so I wouldn't recommend them if you want something reliable.

I have had a bad experience with Supper shuttle and nothing but good with Prime Time.

We used Master's Limousine (found through Limos.com) for pickup at LAX taking us to Doubletree San Pedro. We also used them for pickup at the cruise terminal and trip to LAX.

We were late getting off the ship, didn't get off until about 9:30am, but at LAX in plenty of time for 11:40 flight. Don't recommend you do that, but it is doable if traffic isn't bad. We had made reservations with them way ahead of time--$16 deposit, balance charged to cc. Cost for a 9 person van (in each case) was $120 which we thought was very good. Cruise line was charging $330 for van of this size transfer.

Would recommend this company.

Pam

Thank you for the update. Will have to keep them in mind.

I have had a bad experience with Supper shuttle and nothing but good with Prime Time.

Had only one experience with Supershuttle years ago that worked out as we didn't have any special needs (I seem to remember a pickup from our house going to the airport).

PrimeTime really, really screwed up our booking on both ends IMO. I don't consider sending our van to pick us up at the port, when we were supposed to be picked up from our house...and then doing the exact opposite -- sending the van to our house when we were getting off the ship just two weeks later, very good, reliable service. I was a bit hesitant to use them from reading other complaints, but they gave us the lowest quote for a private van. I guess you get what you pay for.:rolleyes:

PrimeTime really' date=' really screwed up our booking on both ends IMO. I don't consider sending our van to pick us up at the port, when we were supposed to be picked up from our house...and then doing the exact opposite -- sending the van to our house when we were getting off the ship just two weeks later, very good, reliable service. I was a bit hesitant to use them from reading other complaints, but they gave us the lowest quote for a private van. I guess you get what you pay for.:rolleyes:[/quote']

You most likely gave them the info backwards. Very easy to do and then blame others for your mistake.

I hope you don't use Super Shuttle since I had a bad experiance.

You most likely gave them the info backwards. Very easy to do and then blame others for your mistake.

I hope you don't use Super Shuttle since I had a bad experiance.

No, I didn't give them the information backwards. I even got a confirmation email from them with the right info right after I made the booking. Whoever scheduled the vans and drivers for pickups made the mistake on the first pickup...and then made the exact same mistake on the second pickup. I had even talked to the supervisor on that first day (when the screw up was noticed, and one would think that she would have taken the initiative to make sure our return went smoothly).

And top of it all, when we were at the port, and the curbside rep was trying to resolve our matter (and also other screw ups affecting other customers), he managed to convince one van driver to take us home. He called his office to make sure they knew this, and the woman on the other line argued with him that we were supposed to be at our house as there was a driver there. I was standing right next to him so I could hear her. It was like, he should have replied, idiot, she's standing right next to me so she can't be at her house.

I would have shrugged at the first mistake as we finally got to the port and our cruise was excellent. And I am normally an easy going person. But I can not forgive them making the same mistake twice in two weeks for the same customer.:mad: I've worked in a service-oriented industry for years and then worked in-house for a renowned store that had a fantastic reputation for pleasing its customers. You don't get that reputation (and many referrals) by not being careful.

Archived