Purchase Hook bracelet on St Thomas?

imgagesmom

Carnival Discount Store near the Havensight dock (in the blue buildings) has them. The jewelry store across the street from Havensight at Al Cohen's Discount Mall has them. If you pick up the Coupon Book at the dock, there are usually several ads for them from a few stores.

If there are any at Coki, they would be in the Coral World gift shop, but I didn't see any when I was there this summer. They may stock them in season, though.

We didn't see any at Coral World in April either.

We actually found what we considered to be a better quality on St John (St John Bracelet Co I believe) than what we were seeing in some of the St Thomas stores that we looked in first. But we may have missed some of the better selections. We had planned on buying one in St Croix but a jeweler made a beautiful silver and yellow gold bracelet for my wife while we enjoyed Cruz Bay.

Neat history!

Caribbean Bracelet Company is a popular supplier for hook bracelets, and they are excellent quality. AH Riise usually carries them, but I usually go to their store in town so not sure about their store in Havensight.

The price is generally determined by the amount of silver and the popularity of the design. Many of the STT stores sell thinner ones to give customers price choices. Those are usually the ones they advertise in the Coupon Book. Since silver is a soft metal, those bracelets don't hold their shape well. Not a good choice for every day wearing, IMO. Trust me. I bought one years ago!

Actually gold and silver both rank similarly at 2.5 - 3 hardness per the Mohs scale of hardness, but silver is considered a slightly harder mineral by most and is added to gold along with copper to increase its strength and durability.

My wife is a yellow gold nut and rarely ever wears silver. But we saw the quality of workmanship at this particular jeweler (the peening in particular) and the look of the silver and gold together and she did like that. So he made a beautiful silver bracelet for my wife with gold knots and hook and clasp, just a nice look.

But bottom line, whatever your design or choice of metals I would recommend you compare pieces at several stores before buying as the quality can vary significantly from one to another.

Is there a place near the port or near Coki beach to purchase a hook bracelet?

Thanks

Try to purchase an "original" hook bracelet - it will have a palm tree stamp on the inside. Lots of knock offs around, but the "original" is nice. I purchased mine in Jamaica quite a few years ago.

Try to purchase an "original" hook bracelet - it will have a palm tree stamp on the inside. Lots of knock offs around, but the "original" is nice. I purchased mine in Jamaica quite a few years ago.

? Just look for quality workmanship (peening, etc),

Archived