Dress code in Blu

louise44

Finally got a answer from Celebrity on the dress code in Blu.

Thank you for your email. We apologize for the delay in our response.

The dress code for Blu is Smart Casual every night on every ship. Please let us know if additional assistance is needed.

Mr.xxx, thank you for choosing Celebrity Cruises.

Sincerely,

Lisa Webster

Customer Service Representative

Keep in mind though, I think Frank was on a Panama cruise which is a lot longer than the normal 7 day crowd so the demographic and dress code would have been quite different.

Frank proved the fact that there are many on these dress threads who's intent is to con people into believing that Celebrity is less formal than it actually is .

:cj

We are dressing up in formal on formal nights in AQ. Don't care what other people wear as long they don't wear t-shirts and jeans.

That's what we will do, too. That is, as formal as we get as I described on page one. :) You really need to consider the rest of the ship. Going to shows, etc.

We are dressing up in formal on formal nights in AQ. Don't care what other people wear as long they don't wear t-shirts and jeans.

Actually, jeans are completely fine under the Smart Casual dress code.

It didn't cause us much trouble....they provided my husband with a jacket and simply hung it on the chair back, and that was deemed satisfactory. Its just that there seems to be so much confusion about this. Had a wonderful time anyway!

It didn't cause us much trouble....they provided my husband with a jacket and simply hung it on the chair back, and that was deemed satisfactory. Its just that there seems to be so much confusion about this. Had a wonderful time anyway!

Thanks for the response.

I'm glad you had a great cruise.

Cynthia

Here is a link to the thread where this alleged change was raised: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1504508&highlight=blu+formal+attire

The poster who started that thread has had at least one other thread where he posted information as fact, but it turned out to be untrue.

I am deeply insulted.:mad:

Everything I post is true and comes from a responsible respected contact at RCI.:mad:

Strange how someone else referred to me as 'one of the most highly respected posters on this site'.

The change to the dress code in Blu has been confirmed now by many other people.

I am deeply insulted.:mad:

Everything I post is true and comes from a responsible respected contact at RCI.:mad:

Strange how someone else referred to me as 'one of the most highly respected posters on this site'.

The change to the dress code in Blu has been confirmed now by many other people.

Sorry, I didn't mean to be insulting. Previously you had posted that balconies on S-Class ships could no longer be opened up to an adjoining balcony as fact, and that (at least thus far) has turned out to be untrue (please correct me if I am wrong). Then you made this post about Blu as fact, and while there does appear to be other documentation that people have now referenced on this thread, at the time of my post it seemed to be a repeat of the balcony issue (i.e. someone just back from a cruise was reporting the opposite occurring of what you had stated). It looks like on this one you are correct, but that the OP's sailing had not yet started implementing the new policy.

I cannot comment on the disconnect between the HO and the ships but I can assure you that the policy on balcony dividers not being opened was distributed to shore-side staff (it obviously did not float across the water...:rolleyes:) and the policy on the dress code in Blu was also issued as a new ruling.

Therefore, I actually feel sorry for the shore staff who follow the guidelines they are given and then people return from cruises who report something totally different..thus making the shore staff looking like they don't know what they are talking about.

Apology accepted.

Prior to our Oct. 31 Equinox cruise, I read a post on CC indicating that the dress code in Blu had recently changed; formal dress was no longer required on formal nights...smart casual was now the dress code in Blu for ALL nights of the cruise. Before we left, I called Celebrity and they confirmed this change. Of course, when we went to Blu the first formal night, they had never heard of this change and told us formal attire was still required.

When we got back, I called Celebrity about this,and their Guest Relations said no such change to dress code has occurred. Can anyone clarify where this information originally came from? Others must be confused too.

If anyone has information about this, many thanks!!

No need for confusion. It is stated right on the Celebrity website.

"Specialty Restaurants (Including Blu for our AquaClass Guests)

The dress code is Celebrity's Specialty Restaurant is 'Smart Casual and Above' for every night of your cruise. Formal attire is only required in the main dining room on your formal evenings."

They can access the Celebrity website right on the ship if they don't believe you, so if anyone gives you a hard time again, just tell them to go read it for themselves.

Proper Dining Attire

No need for confusion. It is stated right on the Celebrity website.

"Specialty Restaurants (Including Blu for our AquaClass Guests)

The dress code is Celebrity's Specialty Restaurant is 'Smart Casual and Above' for every night of your cruise. Formal attire is only required in the main dining room on your formal evenings."

They can access the Celebrity website right on the ship if they don't believe you, so if anyone gives you a hard time again, just tell them to go read it for themselves.

Proper Dining Attire

Thank you, that comment about Blu in parenthesis is new and this is on the US web site. It wasn't there last week.

Case is closed now, no further discussion needed...

Hi folks, just off the eclipse about 3 hours ago and they are enforcing formal nights in blu. I wore a pair of dark denim jeans and a polo shirt, both clean and presentable. Was told that the night required formal attire and I would have to wear the jacket he presented me. I gave a fairly weak protest about the new policy I had read about and he replied blu follows the mdr. I didnt want to make a scene so on went the jacket and I had a great meal!!! Just wish celebrity would get thier policies straight.

Hi folks, just off the eclipse about 3 hours ago and they are enforcing formal nights in blu. I wore a pair of dark denim jeans and a polo shirt, both clean and presentable. Was told that the night required formal attire and I would have to wear the jacket he presented me. I gave a fairly weak protest about the new policy I had read about and he replied blu follows the mdr. I didnt want to make a scene so on went the jacket and I had a great meal!!! Just wish celebrity would get thier policies straight.

Just off 11/6 Silhouette sailing and it was Smart Casual and above in Blu for the duration of the cruise.(this was confirmed by Celebrity customer service before we cruised).We ate in Blu on Formal nights and I wore slacks and a Ban-lon Shirt.

PS90,

Got it and thanks. Believe I will make a copy of the page and just carry it with me.

Mike

Check the link below, its on the US website now, probably easier to get at...

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard/tabLanding.do?pagename=onboard_dining&tab=onboard_proper_dining_attire_tab%2Fonboard%2FtextPanel.do%3Fpagename%3Donboard_proper_dining_attire

Thanks for the link. Just wondering about collared spots??? lol :D

"Gentlemen: Pant/trousers (no holes, rips or tears) with collared spots and shirt or sweater. Shirts must have sleeves."

"Gentlemen: Pant/trousers (no holes, rips or tears) with collared spots and shirt or sweater. Shirts must have sleeves."

LOL for once I actually thought Celebrity had got their website right...not so much:p

I don't understand why there is always a troublemaker on these boards who has to question the dress policy. :(

If there is a good reason why you won't wear pant/trousers with collared spots as requested, then you should find another cruise line instead of trying to spoil the ambiance for all the collared spot people.

Archived