Port Everglades - Changing Terminals

toberman

We're looking at taking basically a B2B cruise but on different ships. Is it easy to change terminals, ie.. is there any kind of shuttle service offered by Port Everglades ? Or is it just walk (if the ships are close enough together) or take a cab. Can't think the cabbies would be too happy shuttling someone from one terminal to another?? Guess that's what their paid for, but... ? I guess one would just have to hang around the new terminal from 9 til noon and wait... doesn't seem to be much there.

Most ships at port Everglades are close. Unless u have a lot of luggage u can walk; otherwise there will be plenty of taxis available.

Unless the terminals were definitely adjancent to one another, I can't say I would plan on walking... Port Everglades is a huge facilty...highly industrialized and many areas between terminals are unwalkable...not designed for pedestrian traffic... see if you can determine where you will have to walk from/to...

taxi might be best

PortEverglades-map.jpg

We are doing the same going from the Oasis and boarding the Eurodam. Anyone know if they are close enough to walk or take a cab which I don't think the cabbie would appreciate going such a short distance instead of to the airport or hotel.

We did this a couple of weeks ago. The taxi cost $10 , that's the minimum amount. It is difficult to carry luggage and dodge cars and taxis. You will like that you have different shows,food, and decor on the ships.

We went from the Oasis to the Carnival Freedom.

Have a great cruise.

We are doing the same going from the Oasis and boarding the Eurodam. Anyone know if they are close enough to walk or take a cab which I don't think the cabbie would appreciate going such a short distance instead of to the airport or hotel.

The only sure thing is the Oasis is at terminal 18. Usually HAL is at 26, but if HAL has 2 ships in port that day, you never know where the other one will be at, or which ship will be at which pier. I would maybe walk to 19 from 18, but I would cab it to the rest as it's just too much trouble to deal with traffic on foot with luggage.

In the end it all depends where you are docked and where the other ship is docked.

You may all be docked at the same terminal area requiring a walk on the sidewalk. If that is the case and you are able to pull your luggage you are fine.

If you have to go between two terminals while I have walked that without luggage I would not walk it with luggage because it involved having to go up and down curbs, walking a bit in the road and on grass.

Just take a cab. Give the cab driver a nice tip.

Keith

• 2 weeks later...
We're looking at taking basically a B2B cruise but on different ships. Is it easy to change terminals, ie.. is there any kind of shuttle service offered by Port Everglades ? Or is it just walk (if the ships are close enough together) or take a cab. Can't think the cabbies would be too happy shuttling someone from one terminal to another?? Guess that's what their paid for, but... ? I guess one would just have to hang around the new terminal from 9 til noon and wait... doesn't seem to be much there.

:::Waving frantically at the tobermans::::

Hi you guys! We were on the Ruby with you over Thanksgiving in 2009 ... you were going to teach me to knit but we didn't have time. What cruises are you looking at? As you can see by our signature we are doing the same thing in Jan/Feb, going from Royal over to the Crown. Thanks for posting this question because I really hadn't even thought about how to get from ship to ship. It's a nice problem to have, though!

Cheers from Laura and David

Archived