WHICH would you recommmend.....

NCL will serve 19 to 21 beer and wine but no hard liquor. They need a parents signature though and not until they are in international waters. This statement was not a mistake.

Ok, RC used to have that rule, but they changed it several years ago. Now, for cruises departing from the US, the drinking age is 21 for all.

In fact, when we cruised with our 19 year old on RC in 2005, he was not limited to beer and wine, he could drink anything offered (with our signed approval). I also didn't realize that the parents were on the cruise with the girls in the original post. Thanks for the clarification!

If you guys are althletic, I recommend Freedom class ship...Flowrider, rock climbing wall, full sports court for adult dodgeball games, 3 on 3 basketball, even ice skating....Voyager class has all of the above except Flowrider, so that is also a viable choice....if you want a strictly party and not care if you have althetic things to do.... Carnival or RCI smaller ships would do...Have a great cruise....

Thank you everyone for your great advice and wisdom!..Everyone in our group is at least 21 so that's not a problem. Sounds like either line would be a great choice...Thanks again for taking the time to respond.

I agree with other poster, NCL...

I am 27 and love NCL... plenty to do and prices are cheaper; we did one last spring break on NCL...

they also have a really cool- white hot party!!!!

btw... depending on where you go- (islands, mexico) drinking age on land is usually 18... I loved this when I was younger- and dad would take me out drinking (just one or two, nothing crazy)

Ok, RC used to have that rule, but they changed it several years ago. Now, for cruises departing from the US, the drinking age is 21 for all.

In fact, when we cruised with our 19 year old on RC in 2005, he was not limited to beer and wine, he could drink anything offered (with our signed approval). I also didn't realize that the parents were on the cruise with the girls in the original post. Thanks for the clarification!

Sorry, but the parents weren't on the cruise... And that IS NCL's policy. To get the guardian's permission, the guardian MUST be on the ship. However, the bartenders didn't seem to care how old they were. There were 6 young, pretty girls there that were having a good time. There weren't many college age folks on the ship because they are on a trimester system and school ended on April 30th and they went immediately to New Orleans. Most schools don't get out for another 2 weeks.

I would have been angry if my daughter had been a minor, but she wasn't. But not sure if it even matters since they could drink all day long in port, because of the drinking age of the ports they went to.

We have been on Royal and Carnival both many times and a lot during spring break-I would say Carnival--we are much older than Spring Break age had our share of fun with the kids--I also agree-go to Jamaica to an all inclusive resort-Our daughter got married in Ocho Rios at the Sunset Grande-we had 25 thirty year olds with us and they took over the place-Have fun and be safe either way!

So not true, but are you saying that RCI won't be fun, only Carnival pax party???

Geeee...guess I don't have any fun at all on the cruises I have been on?? Have you even noticed my cruise history?? :rolleyes:

But if you are looking for a "party boat".....as I am guessing the OP was....I would pick Carnival for what she is looking for as a college spring break. Not my term...that is Carnival's description.

Archived