WHICH would you recommmend.....

Having been on both, I don't think you can go wrong with either. Carnival has the reputation of having more of a party atmosphere but if you have a group of friends - you will be the party.

Pick the one that best fits your budget with the itinerary you like and you won't go wrong.

Royal Caribbean or Carnival for a group of 21 year olds for spring break? Which line has more activities for young adults?

Either!! It all depends on what you are looking for. I found both to be family oriented and fun. You will have to decide what is more important to you, price, accomodations, size of ship, etc.... Again, you can't go wrong with either.

Happy sailing.

I believe Carnival requires at least one guest per cabin be 25 or older.

This is only true if ANYONE in the group is under 21. As long as everyone is 21 or older, they can book on Carnival. If anyone is under 21, they can only be booked in a cabin with someone 25 or older.

This is only true if ANYONE in the group is under 21. As long as everyone is 21 or older, they can book on Carnival. If anyone is under 21, they can only be booked in a cabin with someone 25 or older.

This is correct. It applies to people under 21 need to be with someone 25 or older.

IMHO either line will be fine! They are similar in many ways. Royal's ships have more bells and whistles! My college aged daughter is saying " go with Royal". I am sure they will have a wonderful time. Good luck in your decision making.

Either line and you guys will have a blast. If you are on a budget - I would lean toward Carnival. You can buy pre-paid drink tickets. I think they end up being a $1 off per drink. Nothing great but you can buy a few whenever you have some extra money. That way you don't have to worry about a crazy bar bill at the end of the week.

Have fun!

Kathy

Carnival is usually cheaper, and college kids are usually on a tight budget -- at least I was. So I'd probably go with Carnival. But a lot of things come into play. Are you flying or driving? If flying, you really should fly in the day before. If the ship departs on Saturday, this means flying in on Friday, which can be a problem for some. If driving, and more than 3 or 4 hours, again you really should drive in the day before to allow for any delays and so you are not so tired the first day. And what ships are you comparing? If comparing a small Carnival ship with, say, an RCI voyager class or higher ship -- well, no comparison in my opinion -- RCI wins this. Do know that most ships have much higher prices over spring break -- typical supply-and-demand stuff.

Cheapest will probably be a Carnival 3, 4, or 5 day, inside cabin. I think Carnival still has category 1A bunk-bed cabins for the lowest price. Carnival also has the optional ES (early saver) rate, which is less money but the deposit is non-refundable if you cancel before final payment. RCI has only a fully-refundable (before final payment) rate.

Most people on this board would recommend that a group of 21 year olds for Spring Break should book Carnival, ( just to limit the groups on RC )personally I think those that book over the spring break period should know what to expect.

I personally enjoyed being 21 ( some years ago ) and believe that we should all remember what fun it was. So whichever line you choose have fun, go a little crazy but respect the fact that others have also earned a well deserved holiday, and respect their space, as you want them to respect yours.

Being 21 does not last forever, make the most of it.:D

Royal Caribbean or Carnival for a group of 21 year olds for spring break? Which line has more activities for young adults?

My daughter and her sorority sisters went on a trip together last May. They went on NCL. While it may not be in my top 5 choices of cruiselines it made a LOT of sense for them. For the same price as a 4 day on Carnival or RCI (they are more comperable in price than people will lead you to believe), they were able to book a 7 day cruise on NCL. They also sailed out of New Orleans and were able to drive overnight (I remember when I could stay up past 11pm).

DD was the only one who had cruised before (I had her take notes to report back to me:D). The others thought it was awesome. DD even liked some aspects of it even better (different free dining options etc). They were a group of 6 girls 19-21 and all of the bartenders knew them well. :rolleyes: I would check NCL out before you decide. And read the reviews on this forum for all of the ships you look at.

It's not a matter of which line has more activities because different ships have different activities. What ships are you considering? :confused:

They were a group of 6 girls 19-21 and all of the bartenders knew them well. :rolleyes:

I apologize if I am reading something into your comment that you did not intend, but are you saying that the bartenders on NCL served alcohol to 19 and 20 year olds?

Personally I would recommend going to an all inclusive resort instead as all the booze is included and there aren't many rules on public drunkiness.

Having said that though if you really want a cruise then I'd go Celebrity cause you can buy all you can drink packages.

Ah to be 21 again. Enjoy!!

Personally I would recommend going to an all inclusive resort instead as all the booze is included and there aren't many rules on public drunkiness.

Having said that though if you really want a cruise then I'd go Celebrity cause you can buy all you can drink packages.

Ah to be 21 again. Enjoy!!

There's no way a group of 21 yr olds should go on Celebrity because of the drink package. Celebrity is way more expensive and isn't exactly the crowd that 21 yr old would want to hang with.

I apologize if I am reading something into your comment that you did not intend, but are you saying that the bartenders on NCL served alcohol to 19 and 20 year olds?

NCL will serve 19 to 21 beer and wine but no hard liquor. They need a parents signature though and not until they are in international waters. This statement was not a mistake.

Archived