Snorkeling pictures on a rainy Nov. day on St. Thomas

slabeaume

Your pics are beautiful:). DH and I will be in St. Thomas in Dec. looking for a nice quiet beach with good snorkeling and easy to get to(if possible):confused: from cruise port. Also are there any amenities; chair rentals, restrooms, food/ drinks, and costs? Thanks for the pictures and any info you can provide.;)

Your pics are beautiful:). DH and I will be in St. Thomas in Dec. looking for a nice quiet beach with good snorkeling and easy to get to(if possible):confused: from cruise port. Also are there any amenities; chair rentals, restrooms, food/ drinks, and costs? Thanks for the pictures and any info you can provide.;)

Cowpet is close to Sapphire, but seems like nobody goes to Cowpet except for those staying in the resorts there (like the Wyndham Elysian resort). The Elysian's restuarant is being worked on. There was an outside bar area, not sure if it was just drinks or what. Don't know if there was a fee for the chairs, we just put our stuff down and went snorkeling until the lightening started, then we high tailed it out of there. But it definately was a nice quiet beach---we were the only ones there. My daughter had stayed at the Elysian a month before and told us about this gem.

We rented a car from Budget---had hoped to hit several of the beaches, but the weather was so poor that we mainly stuck with Cowpet since it seemed to be the clearest weatherwise. I would imagine you could take a taxi there. I would expect it to be about the same price as going to Sapphire (something like $10/person @ way from Crown Bay).

• 5 weeks later...
Is a D10 a waterproof camera? Loved these pics...great colors nd great shots!

Yes. It's a all around great camera. We've used it for snorkeling the last 2 years, while at the pool, takes awesome land pictures as well as night photos (along with GREAT fireworks pictures). It has video on it too. :D I plan on buying another one before our next cruise just so me and the hubby don't fight over who gets the camera while snorkeling. :eek:

Been away from this forum for awhile! Love the Canon 10D. I like having a waterproof camera (to about 10 ft) that you don't have to use a separate housing for. I've used it for 3 or 4 Hawaii trips where it was in the water almost everyday for 2 weeks each time, and used it on a couple cruises. It's also great to use above water especially when it's raining and you don't want to get a dslr wet. It's beginning to show it's wear. About time to invest in a new one.

As for Cowpet---I don't know why more people don't talk about it! The snorkeling was great and we were the only ones there. Maybe I should keep it a secret! I only know about it because my daughter spent 5 nights at the Wyndham Elysian resort and bragged about how she liked it better then Sapphire. I still want to check out Sapphire and Coki for the snorkeling, but weather hasn't been too great the last 2 Nov.s when our cruise stopped there. We have another cruise planned for next Nov. and will try again. You think we would learn not to cruise the Caribbean in Nov. by now, wouldn't you!!!???

Archived