Best suntan lotion . . .

Yes, Bullfrog is available in a spray gel form. That's actually all Walmart has now. Bullfrog sells their sunscreen in different SPF's. I used 45 last summer (I was pale white) and I still got fairly tanned.

I'm using 30 this time, just so I don't fry my skin. I won't need to put it on as much as I would if I wasn't "tanner."

Great thread and maybe you all can help me. I am fair skinned and have always burned when going to the Caribbean. Last year for my Bermuda crusie I tanned the month before I left and although I did not come home golden, I did not burn like usual either. My question is this..... I am now on high blood pressure medication and the warning on the bottle is to stay out of the sun for prolonged amounts of time. Any suggestions on what to use while in Labadee and Aruba? There is no way to stay out of the sun on a cruise. I was thinking about slowing tanning for two months instead of one, but am wondering what kind of lotion to use on the cruise? 15? 35? Help.

I can't seem to find the Bain De Soleil anywhere. I really wanted this for my cruise but i'm leaving on Friday and I don't know where else to look. I checked Walmart, Target, and CVS. Any thoughts? Thanks.

P.S.- Do you get a tan with the Bull Frog?

are you still looking for this? have used this site before and no problems...

http://www.drugstore.com/templates/browse/default.asp?catid=40454&cmbProdBrandFilter=7555&trx=BSMMP-7555&trxp1=SP%2D19438&trxp2=0&trxp3=40454&brand=7555&rolled=true

and Amazon has some listed too

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search.html/104-4075861-9438345?me=&node=3760931&keywords=bain%20de%20soleil

I still use Baby Oil, I normally take a few laps around the ship, no more then 15 minutes out in the sun and I come out dark but while touring in port I used the spf 8 or 15 .. Im sure I will one day die from skin cancer, second hand smoking etc. but while Im here!!! lets look good LOL

I'm one that burns very easily. I use Banana Boat Baby #50. I know the "experts" say nothing works over 25 spf, but when I use this product, I don't burn. I figure if it is rated for children, then it should be pretty safe.;)

..... I am now on high blood pressure medication and the warning on the bottle is to stay out of the sun for prolonged amounts of time. Any suggestions on what to use while in Labadee and Aruba? QUOTE]

Follow instructions and stay out of the sun for extended periods. Sunblock may help prevent sunburns however, using them is not the same as staying out of the sun. Wear a hat to protect your face, (preferably one with sunblock powers) and cover up exposed skin as much as possible. I personally would rather come back healthy and without a tan, than with a tan and the possibility of endangering my health. Just my thoughts.. Have a great time

• 5 years later...

I am a Redhead with very pale skin and will burn in 10 mins flat! I use California Tan Sport SPF 20 cream. I have used it for 10+ years and have been out in the sun all day, in the water, and never re-applied it after the first application before going outside.

I DON"T burn with this, I will go pink but then next day it has turned a goldie color and it smells delicious! It contains all kinds of sea salts and minerals that condition your skin, makes it soft and its not greasy...even my hubby uses it, so I have to buy 2 tubes for vacation as he Lathers it on....

It is only sold at the Suntan salons and costs $29 for a tube....well worth it!

Make sure you have a higher SPF for the Caribbean than you would use stateside...the sun is FIERCE and you don't want your vacation ruined by a bad burn....and it can and will happen, even with pre-tanning! The stuff in the salon has NO SPF at all, so do NOT use that on the ship!!!

The further south you go, the stronger the sun's rays...don't suffer a sunburn and/or sun poisoning!!!!

I'm a fryer. I've found that AloeGator works the best for me. I've used it in the Caribbean and Hawaii and Palm Springs. My girlfriends always cringe when I offer it to them, saying they want to get tan. But, I always show them that I DID get a tan with it. I like the SPF40 lotion. It seems to be highly waterproof for me, also. They have a gel, but it is really thick, almost like trying to put on petroleum jelly. AloeGator used to be hard to find, but it is getting easier. If nothing else, you can check on the REI website for it.

Archived