Help! Manhattan Hotel!

auntdot

I have friends trying to figure out where to stay before a cruise out of the Manhattan pier...

Are there any cheap (but clean) hotels near the pier?

Would there be any park & cruise rates?

If new jersey is a less expensive option what might car service cost?

This is turning out to be as expensive as flying!!!!!

:eek:

Thanks,

auntdot

Nothing in Manhattan that anyone could recommend in good conscience will be "cheap".

You won't find any park & cruise packages in Manhattan.

For someone to provide meaningful suggestions you need to tell us the date(s) you wish to stay in the hotel, and provide at least a general idea of what price range would be acceptable.

The Embassy Suites hotel in Secaucus, NJ has offered a cruise package that includes room, parking and one way transportation to the Manhattan cruise pier. You would have to provide your own return transportation, which I estimate would cost about $65 plus tolls and tip.

Please keep in mind you don't have to stay right near the pier. I would look at a somewhat larger radius.

Look at hotels such a Marriott Courtyard, and Hampton Inn to see if those prices would be more in line with the budget.

I would also make use of tripadvisor.com

Keith

You list your desired dates of staying in this website, and you will get a list of unamed hotels with their ratings and their geographic locations. When you book your desired hotel, the name of the hotel will appear. You get the lowest price and the name of the hotel that you stay at, will not disappoint you.

I have used them for years and have not been disappointed yet.

I have two suggestions for your friends.

1) Book a hotel in Parsippany NJ (I'm seeing a 4* hotel on Hotwire for $48 for 3/10/12), drive to the port, and pay the $210 to park.

2) Book a park sleep at Newark Airport - stay123.com - Country Inns for $138 incl tax or trinityreservations.com - Fairfield Inn for $138 incl tax. Take the hotel shuttle to the airport and take the airport bus to Port Authority Bus Terminal for $27/pp round trip plus cab to the port (under $10).

• 2 weeks later...

If your friends are flying into NY and sailing out of Manhattan, go with "Hotwire" as an above poster suggested and stay in Manhattan. No hotel in Manhattan is going to be within the immediate proximity of what you might want to see and the pier, so you're going to have to use bus/subway/cab while staying at the hotel and seeing the sites and then a cab to get you to the pier. With luggage and all, and the cost, I think this is a better option than staying in NJ and taking transportation to the Manhattan pier. Depending how many nights your hotel stay is, the cost of getting to the pier negates and hotel cost savings, plus if you're staying in NJ, but want to see the sites in NYC, you have to figure in the cost of that back and forth transportation, too.....not to mention the time factor of coming and going, as well.

Archived