My parents are so happy....

My parents really wanted to go on Freedom of the seas this weekend with DH and me but it was too expensive. Mom was always asking if it came down...nope. Well 2 days ago it did. $499pp I called them and got them at a weak moment and they bought it. the next day they had the outside stateroom guarantee for 499pp so I called and put them in the pool. Well shortly after they were assigned a superior balcony. They are soooooo happy now. They haven't had a balcony since my brother and I gave them one for their 50th.

Now I am going to bring them to the love and marriage show (none of us have ever been) and hopefully they will be the longest married couple (57 years in december)and get picked to participate.:D

Wish DH was retired so we could take advantage of the last minute deals. The only problem is that mom likes 3 months to pack and now she only has a few days (and one of them is Thanksgiving) We leave Sunday.

My parents really wanted to go on Freedom of the seas this weekend with DH and me but it was too expensive. Mom was always asking if it came down...nope. Well 2 days ago it did. $499pp I called them and got them at a weak moment and they bought it. the next day they had the outside stateroom guarantee for 499pp so I called and put them in the pool. Well shortly after they were assigned a superior balcony. They are soooooo happy now. They haven't had a balcony since my brother and I gave them one for their 50th.

Now I am going to bring them to the love and marriage show (none of us have ever been) and hopefully they will be the longest married couple (57 years in december)and get picked to participate.:D

Wish DH was retired so we could take advantage of the last minute deals. The only problem is that mom likes 3 months to pack and now she only has a few days (and one of them is Thanksgiving) We leave Sunday.

That is great,,nice that they are able to go with you..We wanted our DDand family to come with us this next cruise in Jan. on the Freedom,,but it's not to be this year,,:( Have a great time:D

That is great,,nice that they are able to go with you..We wanted our DDand family to come with us this next cruise in Jan. on the Freedom,,but it's not to be this year,,:( Have a great time:D
I know, I was disappointed when they weren't coming and last minute they are on board..going to be a good thanksgiving..

Congrats! And enjoy the time with your family! So great you live in Florida and

can take advantage of last minute deals. WOW, $499. for OV on Freedom is a

fantastic deal!

I always enjoy my parents, even DH loves being with them, we always have a good time together. And the $499 is for a Superior balcony not an OV. they are psyched. Feel like they are getting something for nothing...that always makes dad happy...he loves a good deal.

How awesome, I love going with my mom and dad, they have gone with us 3 out of 4 times and it's so much fun!
this will be our 3rd cruise together. They usually spend time on our balcony because they always do the inside guarantee (once got an oceanview and the other time got a promenade room) BUT this time the got their own balcony...I wonder if they will still want to be with us:o:confused:

Sunday can't get here soon enough... anyone think 57 years married might get picked for love and marriage? especially since their anniversary is during the month we are cruising?

I know, I was disappointed when they weren't coming and last minute they are on board..going to be a good thanksgiving..

I always enjoy my parents, even DH loves being with them, we always have a good time together. And the $499 is for a Superior balcony not an OV. they are psyched. Feel like they are getting something for nothing...that always makes dad happy...he loves a good deal.

this will be our 3rd cruise together. They usually spend time on our balcony because they always do the inside guarantee (once got an oceanview and the other time got a promenade room) BUT this time the got their own balcony...I wonder if they will still want to be with us:o:confused:

Sunday can't get here soon enough... anyone think 57 years married might get picked for love and marriage? especially since their anniversary is during the month we are cruising?

I would make a point to mention them being married 57 years to the cruise director. :rolleyes: you never know.... I hope they get picked! Have fun!!!

We are on this cruise as well. My group of 6 had 3 interiors booked. We called today and all got upgraded to balcony cabins for no additional cost. In fact, since I am diamond they applied the balcony discount and are refunding me $200. I am sooooo happy!

For 57 years I'd say they have a very good chance of making it on the show. Go early, so you're sure to be there when the choices are made. The CD usually asks for volunteers that have been married a long time. Speak up. Then usually picks the couple who have been married the longest, among the volunteers. The longest couple I've ever seen was 54 years. Have a great cruise, and hope they have lots of fun.

It's so nice to see someone who likes crusing with their parents!

I'm 26 and my parents are in their early 60's and I cruised with them in 2009 and we have another cruise booked this Sunday with them. I love spending time with my parents, I'm a huge mommies boy. My hubby likes my parents as well so it makes it really enjoyable. :)

Congrats to your parents on the great deal.

It's so nice to see someone who likes crusing with their parents!

I'm 26 and my parents are in their early 60's and I cruised with them in 2009 and we have another cruise booked this Sunday with them. I love spending time with my parents, I'm a huge mommies boy. My hubby likes my parents as well so it makes it really enjoyable. :)

Congrats to your parents on the great deal.

I am in my 50's my parents are 80ish but you would never know it if you saw them. We have a great time together. Luckily they and DH love each others and get along so well. I have two boys and look forward to the time that they get married and we all can cruise together. My youngest is almost 18 and this will be his first time staying home alone, YIKES. My oldest (25) is in the army and stationed in Hawaii, won't be seeing him until after Christmas. This will be the first Christmas that I won't be seeing him:(. But at least when he comes home he will be here for 2 or 3 weeks.:D

lovelife: I do try to spend as much time with them as we can. They live just down the street and come over for dinner once or twice a week. And mom and I go shopping all the time.

nikki303: can you believe the deals this week for our cruise! Congrats on the $200 refund...and see you SUNDAY!!!!

Congrats and enjoy your cruise. Wish I could go with my parents, they won't cruise.:(

my parents had never cruised until their 50th anniversary when my brother and I paid for them to go on the Mariner of the Seas and now they love it. They have cruised 5 times already this is #6 on Sunday. They tried Princess and Holland but their favorite is Royal especially the PROMENADE. The love the Promenade especially the cafe. We all went on Freedom january 2010 and met at the cafe everyday. Loved it. Your parents won't know what they are missing until they go. Do they have any big anniversaries coming up that you can treat them? Then they would have to go.:p

Archived