Sun Princess missed Dunedin & trying Napier again today

It is always disappointing to miss ports for whatever reason - but unfortunately , that is cruising!!! I didn't fully realise this myself until we had already done quite a few cruises.

So far in our cruising career :p, we have missed : Norfolk Island, Ponta Del Gardo and a shore tour to the Sinai Desert. We are not likely to ever go back to the last two :(

Barry

Well- QM2 missed a port earlier this new - although it took an earthquake to do it :) - Christchurch. Actually the replacement port of Wellington turned out for us to be one of the very best port days we have had anywhere. I really did enjoy that Mermaid's convention!! :p

Barry

Actually the replacement port of Wellington turned out for us to be one of the very best port days we have had anywhere. I really did enjoy that Mermaid's convention!! :p

Barry

Mermaid's Convention???? :) The mind boggles, Barry. :eek::eek::eek:

Yes because Princess is responsible for the weather causing your ship to miss ports... right. :confused:

no, but they are responsible for their ridiculous tendering process, we stopped at 4 ports instead of 8, and 2 of those ports were tendered..it took up to 3 hrs to get on one, and by the time we got to shore, it was time to return!!

I would prefer to be safe rather than sorry!!!! They have a lot of lives to protect plus a very expensive ship - the captain has to make these hard decisions and I am sure they aren't made lightly. I have missed 'Mystery Island' and I guess it will always be a mystery now :)

Hi, we missed Mystery Island 4 times, (weather too bad), before finally landing.. but didn't blame anyone..

kind regards, Lorraine:):)

PS, I had friends on the said cruise....they are getting back on today for xmas cruise.....weather is something we can't predict. that is not Princess fault..The Captain must put safety first.

Archived