Do Ships Not Blow Their Horns At Night?

will773

Might be some sort of noise ordinance or wildlife something or other.

Who cares ;-) would be quite fun if some whales or dolphins stranded, lots of good photo sessions for all people on deck. Heck if the navy can disturb the whales, why shouldnt RCI be doing it?

Who cares ;-) would be quite fun if some whales or dolphins stranded, lots of good photo sessions for all people on deck. Heck if the navy can disturb the whales, why shouldnt RCI be doing it?

You really think ships' horns cause strandings? We are not talking about sonar dude.

OK, so I just checked the current captains thread. It appears that this dud Navigator captain that doesn't like blowing the horn is Capt. Standal. Considering when he started this rotation I think Capt. Nyseter may be on the week that I am looking at. He was our captain when we were on Adventure and had the awesome sail-a-way with Ocean Village from St. Maarten.

Rest assured Navigator's horn will be blowing once more when HE takes back over this ship!:):):):):)

Hey Ocean Boy....we are on the Navigator in March for 13 days.....Is Capt. Nyseter on then? Hope so :)

• 1 month later...
According to reports of the current captain's thread, Capt. Nyseter has taken command of Navigator. I have very high expectations of his horn blowing skills.:):):)

Good to know! Thanks for the update, I'll make sure I watch this weekend! :)

Maybe some don't because there are enough passengers on board blowing their own horns. :eek:

Seriously though, The Liberty didn't when we left Barcelona last Oct. I like it because makes it seem like we are officilly on our cruise.

According to reports of the current captain's thread, Capt. Nyseter has taken command of Navigator. I have very high expectations of his horn blowing skills.:):):)

You were right! Navigator blew her horn on Sunday! Glad to hear it again.

;)Glad to know I was not the only one who almost had a heart attache!!LOL!

Ours did this past summer in Alaska. I mean given there was thick fog outside. But it definitely woke me around 4am. Sacred the :eek: out of me!

Congrats on the engagement!!!

Archived