Sort of LIVE Celebrity Millennium Nov. 28 and Dec. 3rd B2B's

dmwnc1959

THANKS fleckie, cruiseacecat, and bluehorizonlover123 for the kind words regarding the thread and encouragement on entering the contest.

Yes, the LIVE thread was indeed a LOT of fun for me as well, and I loved making sure there was a lot of detail to make sure upcoming (and past) cruisers would be as informed as possible, and then possibly re-live it again afterwards.

But I am keeping my expectations regarding the contest in check. Even if everyone on Cruise Critic entered it may only represent 10% of the Captains Club members who received the contest email and will enter.

I am sure whoever wins will do a superb job as the Celebrity Reporter. But I would be thrilled beyond my wildest expectations.

If only... ;)

P.S. Lois, congrats on your booking!!! I am soooo happy for you. :D Have an almond croissant in my memory.

Hi David,

Thanks for the photos and details on this post. Just booked the Jan. 28th voyage. Quick question, where did you tender at Grand Cayman? There seems to be North, South and a 3rd new one further up the street.

The dock we tendered to was the largest one centered in downtown. Don't know if it has a name. It is also the one that has the large courtyard with shops right at the dock. It sits at the intersection of N. Church/Harbor Drive and Fort Street. If you look on Google Earth you'll see the buildings all have blue roofs in that courtyard.

Hope this helps.

Have a GREAT cruise! :)

Hi David:) question for you. We are stopping in Falmouth and it is the

first time there for me. Every cruise to Jamaica I have ever been on was

to Ocho Rios.

I was looking at the excursions offered by Celebrity and they sure do

have ALOT of choices. (Caps for emphasis). I don't even always do

an excursion but thought since it is a brand new stop for me I would

try one. My questions are...did you go there? How was it? And did you

do anything specific?

Hi Lois!

Yes, I did go to Falmouth this past cruise. There is very, very little to see worth noting in the actual town, and I spent the morning walking the streets and looking for the Club Nazz which had cheap (free-3$) WiFi.

The shops on the RCI dock are quite plentiful and offer a huge array of items, everything from Blue Mountain coffee to diamonds to t-shirts. There are also lots of vendors set up with local arts and crafts, all within the dock compound.

I highly recommend doing any type of shore excursion here to get away from town unless you just plan on staying on the ship or just hitting the dock shops.

Here is a link to an album of pictures taken in Falmouth:

:D

P.S. Start at post #212 for the recap of my report from Falmouth...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1523307&page=11

Hi Lois!

Yes, I did go to Falmouth this past cruise. There is very, very little to see worth noting in the actual town, and I spent the morning walking the streets and looking for the Club Nazz which had cheap (free-3$) WiFi.

The shops on the RCI dock are quite plentiful and offer a huge array of items, everything from Blue Mountain coffee to diamonds to t-shirts. There are also lots of vendors set up with local arts and crafts, all within the dock compound.

I highly recommend doing any type of shore excursion here to get away from town unless you just plan on staying on the ship or just hitting the dock shops.

Here is a link to an album of pictures taken in Falmouth:

P.S. Start at post #212 for the recap of my report from Falmouth...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1523307&page=11

Hi David, thanks again:) I don't always do excursions but I think

I might this trip. I looked at the Celebrity site and they offer many

choices. I will either do a beach/lunch or possibly some sightseeing.

We are there all day so I figure 1/2 day tour might be good.

Hi Lois,

My wife and I were on the Dec. 3 sailing (and I enjoyed meeting Dave!). We opted for a private tour in Jamaica and were really pleased with how it came out. I got in touch with Courtney Taylor. He met us in the meeting area after we debarked. We'd asked for "a little sightseeing, some beach time, and a good jerk lunch." He delivered on all three.

We started with a drive over towards Montego Bay. He stopped to show us Rose Hall. We opted to take the tour which, unless you are really into the story of this supposedly haunted estate I am not sure I can recommend. He then took us through the hills above Montego Bay to show us some of the houses there, then through the downtown. He dropped us at a beach club at Doctor's Cave Beach - that was terrific. A beautiful little beach with sand chairs, umbrellas, and really excellent swimming.

He then picked us up at the arranged time and took us to Scotchie's for lunch - it's on the way back to Falmouth and one of the best jerk places in that part of the coast. It was really great.

We didn't do the falls, but people who did said they really enjoyed it.

Hope that is helpful!

Chris F.

I'm in the process of booking a similar B2B on Millie for the end of January. The rates are insanely cheap so as a single it's a rare bargain. Same thing happened last year when Century was doing these itineraries and I did 2 cruises on her, although not B2B, so I had a feeling Millie, a larger ship, would probably have some good deals.

Dmunc1959: Did you post the daily programs for your 5 day cruise? Thanks in adcance!

Which route are you taking? I did not post them for the Falmouth-Grand Cayman itinerary but they were posted for the Roatan-Cozumel itinerary by John here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1520226

I still have all of the daily programs, just can't figure out how to scan them... :(

I'm in the process of booking a similar B2B on Millie for the end of January. The rates are insanely cheap so as a single it's a rare bargain. Same thing happened last year when Century was doing these itineraries and I did 2 cruises on her, although not B2B, so I had a feeling Millie, a larger ship, would probably have some good deals.

Cruise pup,

Have a GREAT time. I was looking at possibly doing another B2B on the Celebrity Constellation in Jan 2013 when she is doing these same itineraries, but really don't want to take the chance on waiting last minute and not getting a deal. She doesn't come back from Europe until Dec. 15th, getting a 2-1/2 month late start compared to Celebrity Millennium this year. That's sort of why I am expecting her rates to stay higher.

Cruise pup,

Have a GREAT time. I was looking at possibly doing another B2B on the Celebrity Constellation in Jan 2013 when she is doing these same itineraries, but really don't want to take the chance on waiting last minute and not getting a deal. She doesn't come back from Europe until Dec. 15th, getting a 2-1/2 month late start compared to Celebrity Millennium this year. That's sort of why I am expecting her rates to stay higher.

Thanks. Best thing to do about Connie is monitor the rates and see how it's booking. I lucked out finding 2 cruises b2b that had almost exact rates and also had the same cabin available. Judging by your description the turnaround between cruises sounds harmless. I don't intend on exploring. I'll probably be the last person off the ship and the first person back on. LOL.

David,

One more question, what is the difference between ships time and land time in Grand Cayman? Thanks.

No problem. ;)

There was no difference between the ships time and that of Grand Cayman or Falmouth. The ship did not change its clocks from 'Miami time' during this itinerary.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
dmwnc1959 ~ you absolutely MUST enter the Celebrity contest! This blog was outstanding ~ the perfect balance of details and humor. Good luck to you!

And THANK YOU for letting us all travel along with you!

If you are talking about the Celebrity Reporter contest, I entered, and didn't win. I won't say that I 'lost', I just didn't win. ;) THANKS anyway!

I think a lot of people were quite disappointed with the lack of updates that we did get from Celebrity Cruises on the 'Solsticization' of the Celebrity Summit while she was in the shipyard.

Hi David.

I have to say a great big thankyou for sharing you photos and story... it has taken me about 2 weeks to find as i am new to cruise critic..we will be on the Millenium on 31st oct for 19 nights from Hawaii to Australia (where we are from).

so once again thankyou.. love the tip about the water which we were wanting to bring on board..and you are the only one so far who has said they didnt get the drinks package;

cheers barb

Archived