Upgraded Latitude Levels?

cassie55

I also wonder if they would try to look back to determine when past cruises were booked. I wonder if the extra early booking points will be given for going forward, not retroactively. It would be much easier...

If you subtract the early booking points, how many would you have? Somewhere in Gold?

That would work for ours...went from silver to gold and according to BikerAl's info that would give us 74 points now if the extra early booking points are only given from now forward.

Otherwise we would be over 76 with atleast 4 of ours booked 9 months out +.

Works for us. I would have 68 points. (Gold) I hope the points for booking 9 months in advance all count because our last two were booked at least 9 months in advance to get the OBC - one sailed, one not. If not I would have 7 less points. (I didn't add in the 7 for the one not sailed yet.)

I wonder if we will be able to see how many points we actually have?

hummmm by using that formula, I'd have 52 point.. but it shows me still as silver... I guess I'll have to wait to hear for certain and then give them a call. Thanks!

Me too... with that formula I should have 55 pts... but just went from bronze to silver :rolleyes:

1 cruise night = 1 pt

1 cruise night in suite = 2 pts

1 cruise night on sailing booked 9 months earlier = 1 additional pt per night

1 pt per night on cruise booked as monthly latitudes insider offer

Al, can you find out when the pre booking and Latitudes bonus points kick in?

From doing the math, I think they migrated only the points for nights and suites to the new program. If they had done points for early bookings in the transition, we would be Platinum instead of Gold.

I am wondering if I will get the points for booking the 3 cruises we now have booked 9 months early and through Latitudes. Or, is it only for new bookings after December 5.

Overall, I like the new program.

K

I also wonder if they would try to look back to determine when past cruises were booked. I wonder if the extra early booking points will be given for going forward, not retroactively. It would be much easier...

If you subtract the early booking points, how many would you have? Somewhere in Gold?

Actually, yes....I come up with 48 if I don't count any early booking points, so that would put me in gold, where they now say I am. :)

This time next year after my upcoming cruises, I will be platinum...pretty cool to go from bronze to platinum that quick. I was bronze this time last year.

How true !! They can probably also tell when, where, and how much you spent each time you swiped your card !! I doubt if that would ever be publicized !!

You really think they keep ALL that information?? :eek: :confused:

I know they could...but why would they store all that information from all those passengers?? It seems insane.

And THANKS to AL :)

Actually, yes....I come up with 48 if I don't count any early booking points, so that would put me in gold, where they now say I am. :)

You really think they kpee ALL that information??

And THANKS to AL :)

Same with me, if I take away any early booking points I would be Silver... so maybe that's it.

Al, can you find out when the pre booking and Latitudes bonus points kick in?

I would think AFTER you actually sail.

From doing the math, I think they migrated only the points for nights and suites to the new program. If they had done points for early bookings in the transition, we would be Platinum instead of Gold.

I am wondering if I will get the points for booking the 3 cruises we now have booked 9 months early and through Latitudes. Or, is it only for new bookings after December 5.

Overall, I like the new program.

I'm guessing if you didn't already sail you should get the points once you do.

K

Same with me, if I take away any early booking points I would be Silver... so maybe that's it.

Did you count early booking points for cruises sailed, booked or both? We are too far into Gold to know if we got the 14 points for the two cruises we did in suites and booked 9 months in advance to get the OBC. We should definately get the points for our cruise next December in a suite. I'm glad we will be able to see how many points we have next week so we'll know for sure.

I booked my next cruise, a 17 night cruise, 9 and a half month ahead of time. Will that give me 17 points extra? Or one point? 17 extra points would be awesome!

That would make me platinum after just five cruises. No suites.

34 points

So, from what I am reading here, NCL will make a mediocre loyalty program even less so by flooding the program with the top level designation and probably over time take away the few perks that were there because of too may people to have to give them to. Way to go NCL. *shaking head*

Did you count early booking points for cruises sailed, booked or both? We are too far into Gold to know if we got the 14 points for the two cruises we did in suites and booked 9 months in advance to get the OBC. We should definately get the points for our cruise next December in a suite. I'm glad we will be able to see how many points we have next week so we'll know for sure.

The transition will use points for nights and suites only on cruises you have already sailed. That I got from NCL.

The question still is if we will get the early booking and Latitudes booking bonus points for cruises already booked but not sailed or if it's just for bookings made after December 5th. That should be interesting, especially for those of us that already have cruises booked a few years in advance.

It doesn't matter to us. We will enjoy a gold or plat cruise just as much as our first cruise!

So, from what I am reading here, NCL will make a mediocre loyalty program even less so by flooding the program with the top level designation and probably over time take away the few perks that were there because of too may people to have to give them to. Way to go NCL. *shaking head*

Before you start complaining about losing something...wait until you lose it :)

Can't we just be happy for a day or two without somebody being misreable around here????

Dang...........

Archived