Upgraded Latitude Levels?

cassie55

[quote name='Uniall']On my last 3 cruises, I've noticed more empty tables at Le Bistro. Perhaps it was just a fluke but it may be that with so many other options they have empty tables.

I love the NCL sailings where the Executive Chef does a Special Dinner night with a Unique 7 course menu wine pairings, even at a cost of $75 pp. Now that would make a great Milestone Gift.[/QUOTE]
I love that dinner too. Do you think they will be having it on the Dawn? I see you are scheduled on the Dawn in December as well.

[quote name='Starry Eyes']Wouldn't that be 60 points? I don't think you'd make it to Platinum with 2 10 day cruises.[/quote]
[COLOR=green]You'd also have to take advantage of the Latitudes promo to get the full 4 points per day. Then it would be possible to hit Platinum after 2 cruises.[/COLOR]

[quote name='cherylroslyn']I love that dinner too. Do you think they will be having it on the Dawn? I see you are scheduled on the Dawn in December as well.[/quote]

I have no idea if there will be a special wine pairing dinner on the Dawn. It all depends on the Executive Chef and the Hotel Director.

The last time I saw it was Chef Hans Peter on the Sprit. When he's on vacation he loves to ride his BIG BIKE. He's just as audacious in the kitchen as on the road.......:D

(I saw a special dinner with pairings recently on the Jade but it was "Cusine of India" which did not appeal to us)

John

PS
Chef Hans Peter is quite an innovator. On the Sprit, Le Bistro has an "Open Kitchen". It's magnificent to watch head chef's at work and see the Meistro, himself, rotate thru at least once an hour to check with his line and the diners.

Click On Photo To Enlarge

[quote name='Uniall']
I love the NCL sailings where the Executive Chef does a Special Dinner night with a Unique 7 course menu wine pairings, even at a cost of $75 pp. Now that would make a great Milestone Gift.[/quote]

[quote name='cherylroslyn']I love that dinner too. Do you think they will be having it on the Dawn? I see you are scheduled on the Dawn in December as well.[/quote]

This was offered on the Jewel on the October 8th sailing to Canada and only 3 couples signed up so it was cancelled.

[quote name='LAFFNVEGAS'][SIZE=3]I really like the new Latitudes Program, while I did not jump levels I am only 4 points away having only done one 7 night and one 2 nighter. This new program seems to mirror Holland America's Past Passenger Program in many ways but with getting to the Top level much quicker. The part that worries me is how long till more than 75% of the ships are at the Top Level :confused: I would have thought they would have set the bar higher. Le Bistro is my favorite restaurant but now I have a feeling it will be harder to get in :o Fortunately my next NCL cruise next November is in a Suite so I might just be able to get a reservation..... or at least I hope. [/SIZE][/quote]

I really do not see that happening (75% of the ship being platinum). So many times people are cruising for the first time. Also, a lot of people are not married to any line. I asked around at my office. There are 5 of us ladies. I have cruised NCL 4 times with a 5th booked. Two have never cruised. One has cruised 3 times but only once with NCL and another has cruised 6-7 times, never with NCL.

Also, Le Bistro may be the "restaurant on the list" of Latitude rewards but I have already read of pax using it for Cagney's or another (and paying the difference if applicable).

[quote name='davesgirl51']This was offered on the Jewel on the October 8th sailing to Canada and only 3 couples signed up so it was cancelled.[/quote]

I don't know what the Jewel offering was but Chef Peter's Fantasy Dinner on the Spirit was a sell out. It was held in the "Art Gallery" and had tables of 7 (three couples and a ship's officer) Seven wine paired courses served over one and a half hours with lively converstion amid beautiful art.

Now, that's what I'm takin' about.....;)

Just want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly. I booked online today for a 7 night Greek Island cruise for me and my DH. It was a Latitude promo, a suite and more than 9 months out. My points earned after taking this cruise should look like this:

7pts - 7 night cruise
7pts - Suite
7pts - more than 9 mos advance booking
7pts - Latitude Insider promo

For a total of 28 points! Is that right?

[quote name='hencoll']Just want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly. I booked online today for a 7 night Greek Island cruise for me and my DH. It was a Latitude promo, a suite and more than 9 months out. My points earned after taking this cruise should look like this:

7pts - 7 night cruise
7pts - Suite

For a total of 28 points! Is that right?[/quote]

That sounds correct to me.

I guess you really can get blood out of a turnip............:D

[quote name='Uniall']That sounds correct to me.

I guess you really can get blood our of a turnip............:D[/QUOTE]

LOL! Seems like a lot of points for one sailing. I'll be platinum after this cruise too. I kinda feel like I'm taking advantage of someone! :D

[quote name='Uniall']Yes, it's a continuous OBC not a one time shot. Check the benefits table and you will se the OBC for each tier.[/QUOTE]

John:

I may have overlooked it, but I didn't see that. All they appear to have are the OBCs for booking whatever cruises are selected as special "Insider Offers"...this month the OBCs are for Europe and Bermuda cruises.

Paul

[quote name='hencoll']Just want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly. I booked online today for a 7 night Greek Island cruise for me and my DH. It was a Latitude promo, a suite and more than 9 months out. My points earned after taking this cruise should look like this:

7pts - 7 night cruise
7pts - Suite

For a total of 28 points! Is that right?[/QUOTE]

You got it right. As little as 3 cruises and anyone can reach Platinum. I am delighted that so many more will now share the same perks but it does not seem right

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

[quote name='Uniall']Yes, it's a continuous OBC not a one time shot. Check the benefits table and you will se the OBC for each tier.[/QUOTE]

I can't seem to find it! It could be because I am on an iPad (not all website items show up on this stupid thing), but i have looked under the benefits page under Latitudes page and also at the table that was pre-released on this thread and just can't see anything about tier OBC.. Could you please direct me to exactly which benefits table and how you got there? Thanks in advance!

Robin

[quote name='Fishbait17']I can't seem to find it! It could be because I am on an iPad (not all website items show up on this stupid thing), but i have looked under the benefits page under Latitudes page and also at the table that was pre-released on this thread and just can't see anything about tier OBC.. Could you please direct me to exactly which benefits table and how you got there? Thanks in advance!

Robin[/QUOTE]

The only remaining OBCs I see are for the Latitudes Insider Offers along with bonus points.

[quote name='Fishbait17']I can't seem to find it! It could be because I am on an iPad (not all website items show up on this stupid thing), but i have looked under the benefits page under Latitudes page and also at the table that was pre-released on this thread and just can't see anything about tier OBC.. Could you please direct me to exactly which benefits table and how you got there? Thanks in advance!

Robin[/quote]

Robin

I may have spoken to fast. I went back and checked and it may only be on select sailings each month.

Studio....Inside....Oceanview....Balcony....Mini-Suite....The Haven & Suite.......Cat S1 .....
$12.50....$25.........$30............$50............$70............$150....................$250

LOL! Seems like a lot of points for one sailing. I'll be platinum after this cruise too. I kinda feel like I'm taking advantage of someone! :D

Ya think NCL might have been thinking that a lot of folks are going to book now and max points? Great for business. Ya think NCL might see an increase in suites being booked (less to upsell at a discount). Good for business. Ya think people will book earlier for max points, giving them access to cash? And ya think more cruise rewards sales? Great for business. Ya think more people will look at and book the internet specials for max points? Great for business.

All of this NCL is gaining for a few more perks to pax.

Seems win-win to me.

Just got an email from NCL about points from upsells to a suite-

The bonus points are not rewarded on upsells, they are given for accommodations booked.

This is from NCL

That's fair. I take the perks I got for a bargain over the points. :-)

Robin

I may have spoken to fast. I went back and checked and it may only be on select sailings each month.

Studio....Inside....Oceanview....Balcony....Mini-Suite....The Haven & Suite.......Cat S1 .....

$12.50....$25.........$30............$50............$70............$150....................$250

EU latitude cruisers allready got OBC on ALL cruises

http://www.ncl.eu/latitudes/index.php

On-board credit per Latitudes member***

If you book a suite the on-board credit duplicates.

US$ 25,- gold

US$ 50,- silver

US$ 100,- gold

US$ 150,- platinumm

***On-board credit doubles as of category AF (Mini Suite). Exceptions: N.Epic as of D4 (Deluxe Balcony), N.Sky as of AC (Penthouse), N.Spirit as of AD (Penthouse), Pride of America as of AG (Family Suite). ****Not available on Norwegian Epic.

At least they responded to your email. I'm still waiting for a response.

Mary,

I'm waiting for a response as well.

I'm arguing that it wasn't an Up Sell because they cancelled the original booking and cruise. I had to rebook a new cruise with a similar itinerary on a differenct ship in a balcony for which they gave a price reduction to make up for the cancellation.

John

Archived