Upgraded Latitude Levels?

cassie55

Our total points listed are short a few points from our perspective, but I'm really not complaining. :)

For some reason our first 12 day cruise is only credited with 7 points. It's shown as "Res Arch Cruise"....whatever that means. Our suite upsell was not credited with additional points either, but I wasn't expecting it to be. :)

How is NCL not amply crediting their "most loyal" passengers? Your credits will likely place you far ahead of the "less loyal" and that much closer to a major milestone.

I've often wondered how # of cruises equates to being more "loyal" anyways. If one passenger takes 15 cruises all 7 days long, are they more "loyal" than another passenger who takes 7 cruises 15 days long? If passenger #1 only books special discounted cruises while passenger #2 books all full rate cruises. Who is more loyal now?

In my opinion, the new point system is the fairest approach, amply compensating all pax for days at sea and their most valued pax the "suite people" get an advantage being that much closer to a milestone. Those who skipped a beat and are now ranked higher than before are no doubt happy, but the elite should still be happy as can be if indeed the cruises under your belt outweighed everyone else based upon days at sea, special cabin categories, etc.

I do agree with you: there are many ways to look at loyalty and many ways to rate passengers. I like the combination, everyone benefits to some degree. We almost always book balcony or outside, I don't expect to be rewarded the same way as someone who books $5000 suites.

Our total points listed are short a few points from our perspective, but I'm really not complaining. :)

For some reason our first 12 day cruise is only credited with 7 points. It's shown as "Res Arch Cruise"....whatever that means. Our suite upsell was not credited with additional points either, but I wasn't expecting it to be. :)

Is that "Res Arch Cruise" an old one.??...I have that same note on a cruise from 97..maybe thats the answer..

That's a nice perk; one we already received. Somehow I think the milestone gifts will be much more special though...

After watching this unfold, I'm less optimistic. Remember the "gift" they sent for reaching Platinum was a clock worth about $2. :rolleyes:

I agree with you here. What I don't agree with is when I expressed a bit of empathy, you call me condescending. It turns your 'stating an opinion' into something entirely different.

FWIW, I took your statement as you intended. I don't necessarily always see eye-to-eye with you, but I haven't found snarkiness to be one of your character traits. :)

Is that "Res Arch Cruise" an old one.??...I have that same note on a cruise from 97..maybe thats the answer..

Sadly, I am unable to access anything, I get a "Server Error so no comments from me, but my guess is Res Arch is "Reservation Archives". I had to take pictures of something that I purchased on the Wind in the 90's to get credit for it.

I wonder what milestone will have to be reached to get some more of those plastic Lattitudes luggage tags? They were coming fast and furious for a while, then the goodness stopped.

Sarcasm Meter

.....Med

Low -> High

It's shown as "Res Arch Cruise"....whatever that means. Our suite upsell was not credited with additional points either, but I wasn't expecting it to be.

"Res Arch Cruise" stands for Reservation Archive Cruise. Some of these are bound to be fouled up. I have a couple from the Norway where we were in the new suites, after they added the new decks, and they are credited as insides.

Really? So, now that you have attained this new status you want it to be rolled back? Me, me, me, me, me, me!!!!

Now, now. You are, of course, taking the sentence out of context. I am glad NCL is rewarding all loyal cruisers. Yes, ALL loyal cruisers. Every one. I did not get a single point for early booking. Nobody has as of yet. So nobody can be hypocritical on this point. I just think the early booking points, if instituted, could greatly build up quickly and could overwhelm the system for all of us. All of us, including you. Not me, me, me, silly Beaver;). For instance early booking of an inside cabin two 14 day cruises and a day cruise gets one all the way to Platinum; that is pretty fast for basic cabins in my opinion. I respect your opinion, but I am concerned NCL may inadvertantly overwhelm the system with bonus points. Happy cruising.

After watching this unfold, I'm less optimistic. Remember the "gift" they sent for reaching Platinum was a clock worth about $2. :rolleyes:

DH got that clock and it still works! Most recently (when I reached Platinum) I received "leather" passport cases.

I would love a gold Latitudes pin. :cool:

It was our 1st NCL cruise; 12 day Exotic in Jan '04 out of NY. The only other element I can think of is that we booked through an outside agency. I'll have to call them.

I also assume they are still working on the transition from the old to new Latitudes programs, because we have not yet received points for advance bookings either; only days at sea so far with this one cruise as an exception.

I doubt very much that milestone gifts will be of such nature. I think the gift will be a special perk; TBD. That is just my opinion of course, but I have faith that it will be comparable to what such levels might anticipate. And try to discern the difference. That clock was mailed and had nothing to do with another cruise being booked either. We're talking about rewards/perks while on a cruise according to Latitudes status.

I also assume they are still working on the transition from the old to new Latitudes programs, because we have not yet received points for advance bookings either; only days at sea so far with this one cruise as an exception.

I guess I missed this part. So our points are accurate except for #days on our 1st cruise:

"Existing members will be migrated into the program using reward points (based on points per night and additional point per night for suites and above.)

Everyone will be in the same or better tier."

If you access your My NCL and see where they have given you the assigned points, there is a little blue ? mark. Hover over it and you will see a little explination about the points calculations and at the very bottom of the box and * with the below statement.

Prior to program re-launch points based on cruise nights and stateroom category ONLY, does not include mini-suites

to me that means no early booking points or any extra points beyond nights and category.

I also have to say being Platinum prior to the re launch I was afraid we would lose befefits, I think I am happy as it seems some old things have been brought back and so far what we had has remained. Overall, I'm quite pleased!

Dang this whole thing is starting a war and it's not because of the "unfairness" some perceive this Latitudes change to be.

NCL clearly shows my husband with more points than me from going on another cruise WITHOUT ME! Oh boy is he in deep water when he gets home! :mad::D:mad:

Dang this whole thing is starting a war and it's not because of the "unfairness" some perceive this Latitudes change to be.

NCL clearly shows my husband with more points than me from going on another cruise WITHOUT ME! Oh boy is he in deep water when he gets home! :mad::D:mad:

ROFLMAO !!!:eek:

:D :D Thats too funny...I hope? :D

ROFLMAO !!!:eek:

And on a ship I've never sailed on either! Rotten scoundrel !!!! :mad:

Guess when? The week before our Spring 2007 repo !!! :eek:

(In his defense, he said "Tequila is very powerful. Forgot the whole trip." ROFL)

And on a ship I've never sailed on either! Rotten scoundrel !!!! :mad:

Guess when? The week before our Spring 2007 repo !!! :eek:

(In his defense, he said "Tequila is very powerful. Forgot the whole trip." ROFL)

Margaret said she didn't know Paulie ;) LOLOLOL

Let us know what he says:eek:

Thanks for the laugh of the day..:D

I'm a little disappointed that NCL didn't add another level above Platinum.

I agree. I would much rather see a 5th tier. For example Platinum Plus that gave additional perks such as a special lounge with happy hour drinks and snack. Similar to Royal.

Archived