Upgraded Latitude Levels?

cassie55

Looked at my points and noticed mistakes, like getting points for mini suites, when I have stayed in actual Penthouse suites.

Funny thing is I called to ask NCL about who to contact about this and I was told NCL has not yet released their new Latitude program as of yet. I told the person, I was looking at it online on the NCL site and was told it was impossible and I must be looking at something else. hmmm... gotta love shoreside :p

that is funny. One hand doesn't know what the other is doing. but cruise critic does:)

I was sure I booked one cruise over a year out, but could not find my paperwork. Guess what? I found proof on cruisecritic when I started the roll call! So I emailed Latitudes to see if they will increase our points for that sailing. I'll let you know what they say.

Perhaps the absence of the Captain's Cocktail Party as a perk is that now they are offering it to everyone on board? Or did that already exist and you were speaking of a 2nd cocktail party? I understand that there are so many repeat cruisers that they have to have two parties on most ships for Latitudes members, anyway.

Oh BTW on Celebrity when we reached the next level in the Captain's Club there was a small box of chocolates in the room. I think it contained all of 4 chocolates, yes, fine chocolates, not the ones from the pillows.

Last 3 cruises, 3 cocktail parties - 1 all Latitudes where they have the drawings, 2nd Lat for silver and up and a Captain's which I thought was suite guests only. Maybe I am wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.:)

I don't think they give extra points for mini-suites...only for suites. AT least that is what I figured out after reading how they assigned my points.

I did understand that they don't give extra points for mini suites. I didn't stay in a mini suite. I stayed in what they called at the time the "Romance Suite" which was the Penthouse suites on the 10th deck.

Instead they have me listed as staying in a mini suite, when in fact I didn't and have proof. Sent an email, I will see what happens.

Some of these posts are unbeleivable.......The new Latitudes program hasn't even been officially released but some people have figured out how its NOT going to work.....Try giving it a chance.

Aha!! As the light begins to shine, we can await Monday, Dec 5 and see what the new plan is!

Very exciting times.

Someone said the program has not been released. If the information is on the NCL website, is that not considered being released?? Just asking?

Also when you look at your MyNcl account there is a small ? mark symbol by the area where you see your points awarded that explains how they came up with points. When you hover over it, it clearly states that points were awarded based on nights sailed and cabin category ONLY. You don't get the extra points for booking early on a cruise you took a year ago and booked the year before that.

Are the people who are emailing and calling NCL today or tomorrow all leaving on a cruise in the next few days where their Latitude status may have an effect on some perks? Just wondering why when everything is extrememly knew as in hours to a day, that it has to be 100% perfect for you today. Couldn't it be taken care of over the next few weeks or months, especially if you may not be traveling immediately? Again just asking?

Merry Christmas .

Count your blessings you can cruise at all , most can't.

The rest of all this perk stuff is just like those partially popped kernels at the bottom of the bowl . Nothing more than a nice little gift that you shouldn't expect .:D

I love those things..

Platinum and could not care less .. well maybe a smidgen.

I did understand that they don't give extra points for mini suites. I didn't stay in a mini suite. I stayed in what they called at the time the "Romance Suite" which was the Penthouse suites on the 10th deck.

Instead they have me listed as staying in a mini suite, when in fact I didn't and have proof. Sent an email, I will see what happens.

Was the "romance suite" an upsell at all? I found out today that upsells don't count for extra points unless you upsold from a suite to another suite.

Barb you are going to have to watch using the justification of sailing without him in order to even up the cruise count. I tried that once and have not been able to book another solo cruise as the wife says that it will make our cruise count different. So that means she has to go along.

Dave

Ya know what they say about payback! :D ROFL

My points are posted (12/1) and under the FAQ at the bottom of the page it takes you to the level requirement and point requirements.

It does say "this program was institutedon Dec. 5, 2011". Gotta' love 'em.

Hey, I'm happy. I'd have been platinum after my next cruise, so one early is fine with me :D

Was the "romance suite" an upsell at all? I found out today that upsells don't count for extra points unless you upsold from a suite to another suite.

Something doesn't seem to make sense in that statement. If you are originally booked in a suite you're already going to get the extra suite points. Why would it matter if you get an upsell to a higher suite since that gives you the same extra point status as the original suite.

Thank you for stating this so eloquently!! By the way, has anyone noticed that the Captain's Cocktail Party has disappeared from the Platinum perks?

I didn't know that party was for Platinum. I thought it was for Suite guests ?

There is a reception to meet the officers for silver on up. However, the Captain's Cocktail Party was for Suite guests and VIPs.

Something doesn't seem to make sense in that statement. If you are originally booked in a suite you're already going to get the extra suite points. Why would it matter if you get an upsell to a higher suite since that gives you the same extra point status as the original suite.

I think people may think if you get an upsell, you will lose your original suite points.

Basically you get the points on the cabin that you originally booked, not the one that you were upsold to. If you started in a suite, you get the suite points, if not, you don't.

I believe they were referring to upsells from a "non-suite" to a suite not counting towards additional points. Whereas the only "upsell" that would count towards points are suites to suites, or suites to Garden Villa or Haven suites, because their original booking qualified.

I think people may think if you get an upsell, you will lose your original suite points.

Basically you get the points on the cabin that you originally booked, not the one that you were upsold to. If you started in a suite, you get the suite points, if not, you don't.

Agreed! Thank you for wording it far better than I! :-)

Upsells do not count, unless the original booking was in a suite or higher.

Vacation 24/7 asked if the booking was an upsell to a suite (presumably from a lower category). From suite to suite - it doesn't matter. However, it would matter if you originally booked a mini-suite and were upsold to a full suite. One point per night in a mini vs. two points per night in a suite. This is totally dependent upon the original cabin category booked.

I find it difficult to believe that anyone would think they would lose points for an upsell. I'm unable to conjure up even an extremely convoluted argument that could lead someone to that conclusion.

Yes...I understand you get the points for the level you originally booked. In reality the poster's statement " upsells don't count for extra points unless you upsold from a suite to another suite" is wrong because upsells from a suite to a suite also don't count for extra points...a correct statement is more on the order of "Upsells don't affect your point total in any way. You get the point total associated with your original booking."

I believe they were referring to upsells from a "non-suite" to a suite not counting towards additional points. Whereas the only "upsell" that would count towards points are suites to suites, or suites to Garden Villa or Haven suites, because their original booking qualified.

But what that really means is that upsells don't count in any way for anything. You already were going to get the extra points before the upsell, so the upsell itself doesn't contribute in any way, shape or form.

Vacation 24/7 asked if the booking was an upsell to a suite (presumably from a lower category). From suite to suite - it doesn't matter. However, it would matter if you originally booked a mini-suite and were upsold to a full suite. One point per night in a mini vs. two points per night in a suite. This is totally dependent upon the original cabin category booked.

Yes, I understand the only thing that counts is the level of your original booking, so the correct way to express that concept is to say upsells don't affect your point total at all, not that upsells only count if you're going from one suite level to another. Upsells don't count, period.

I think that NCL did great, even though I had Platinum before the upgrade.

When Royal Caribbean changed their program to days sailed, instead of sailings, they didn't upgrade people to the next level, even if they had the days to be moved up. We have sailed 4 times with RCL, which under their old program was still the first tier, but we've sailed 32 days with them. Their new program puts you into the second tier with 30 days, so you would think that we would have moved up...but nope. They only gave us credit for 29 days.:(

But what that really means is that upsells don't count in any way for anything. You already were going to get the extra points before the upsell, so the upsell itself doesn't contribute in any way, shape or form.

Agreed! (Glad somebody is thinking!) :)

Upsells don't count....period. The Upgrade Fairy brings deals; not extra points.

Although we've benefited, I do agree that the point levels escalate at quite a rapid pace. I wonder why NCL handled it that way? I mean, it was after four (or was it five?) cruises you went from Bronze to Silver. Now you transition to Silver after 19 points; less than three 7 day cruises. Or one 11 day cruise in a suite automatically puts you at Silver afterward. :confused:

I remember when there were no Latitudes's Levels. Give it a brake. Go wash the car, mow the lawn, hug the familey, buy me a xmas present. Just stop crying:confused::confused:

I think that NCL did great, even though I had Platinum before the upgrade.

When Royal Caribbean changed their program to days sailed, instead of sailings, they didn't upgrade people to the next level, even if they had the days to be moved up. We have sailed 4 times with RCL, which under their old program was still the first tier, but we've sailed 32 days with them. Their new program puts you into the second tier with 30 days, so you would think that we would have moved up...but nope. They only gave us credit for 29 days.:(

Re- your comment about RCI - If you have anything documenting your 32 nights just let them know, they will adjust your number.

Archived