Upgraded Latitude Levels?

cassie55

Barb is probably correct about the VIP status versus Platinum. I just know that I have enjoyed these gathering so much more than the Latitudes Party. I don't think I have ever received an invite to the Silver and above gathering. Do they just post this in the Freestyle Daily or are there actual invites. I have seen a letter for the Latitudes gathering but never for the other.

The "silver and up" gathering is to meet the officers, where the captain introduces his staff to everyone. Someone has really dropped the ball if you've never received such an invitation. It comes by way of a special invitation in a letter sized envelope.

What about if I "upsold" myself a couple of months after booking my balcony to a suite and paid full price?

I believe that's the key....actually sailing in a full price suite or above. Bumping up to a qualified category by way of a deal would be disqualified for extra points.

I was able to get mine, but when I try to get hubby's it seems to just bring up mine, plus they do have me listed as inside cabins on about 1/2 my stays, I wouldn't know what an inside cabin on NCL looks like. I will say, the points seem to be the same for inside as for balconies so I am not complaining. It is just the system seems a little screwed up right now.

NIta

Nita, I had that problem too ... I ended up having to log out of "MyNCL" and open a new account for David with a password. Then his history showed up :)

Cinci

Nita, I had that problem too ... I ended up having to log out of "MyNCL" and open a new account for David with a password. Then his history showed up :)

Cinci

Thats exactly what I had to do to see Loretta's history..it was accurate, one less cruise than I had..:D..were both platinum and still are...

We have enjoyed the concierge as well, in the past: I will add, at one time concierge service was available for GOLD as well but many people do not use the service anyway, so I doubt it is going to be a huge problem.

Beaver, I am beside myself trying to figure out why you are so unhappy? If you don't like the progarm find a line that meets your needs better, you aren't going to get many more perks on other lines, if as many.

NIta

Nita

I am entitled to my opinion as you are yours. Besides who says I am unhappy, I have 245 points in the new program so I will be able to report what these "magical" milestone awards are very soon. I am pointing out what I think are inequities in the new program and things that were not quite well thought out. I am also sure that NCL very much appreciates you suggesting that people find a different line to sail on.

The "silver and up" gathering is to meet the officers, where the captain introduces his staff to everyone. Someone has really dropped the ball if you've never received such an invitation. It comes by way of a special invitation in a letter sized envelope.

I've also never been invited to a 3rd party as "silver or above." I've been invited to the VIP/Suite party and the regular Latitude party but never anything else?????? (Gem & Jewel sailings)

I've also never been invited to a 3rd party as "silver or above." I've been invited to the VIP/Suite party and the regular Latitude party but never anything else?????? (Gem & Jewel sailings)

On the JEWEL the last couple of times we were invited to a "Wine and Cheese" party, which I believe combined VIP's, Suite Guests, and Gold/Platinum latitude members.....maybe because the numbers were low. It was held in the Haven pool area.

But, it going to cost the cruise line in the long run so keep an eye for the reductions in the future. Remember NCL is still being run by a bean counter.

I think that might be a very presumptuous assumption. NCL is a large corporation. I feel certain they had their marketing department run the numbers many different ways on this planned change in the program. I don't think that only us out here in CC land are the only ones to give the various scenarios consideration. I'm inclined to think that the NCL corporation thought this out carefully. The numbers, as determined by their industry professionals, must have reasonable confidence that our collective "sky is falling" prognoses will not happen.

On the JEWEL the last couple of times we were invited to a "Wine and Cheese" party, which I believe combined VIP's, Suite Guests, and Gold/Platinum latitude members.....maybe because the numbers were low. It was held in the Haven pool area.

We were also invited to the "VIP cocktail reception" in the Haven but others were posting that they are invited to three seperate receptions, one for all Latitude Members, one for Silver/Gold/Platinum members and a third one for VIP/Suite guests. I have only ever been invited to two.......

We've been invited to a silver, gold and platinum party (nice invitation in an envelope) in addition to the regular Latitudes (just a sheet of paper) and the VIP party (nice invitation again) on every cruise since at least September of 2009.

Are they any different (except for the invitation and the amount of people)?

On our last Norwegian curise, the Latitudes Party and VIP party were on the same day. Except for the location, it was the same. Same drinks, same h'ordeoves (sp).

Are they any different (except for the invitation and the amount of people)?

On our last Norwegian curise, the Latitudes Party and VIP party were on the same day. Except for the location, it was the same. Same drinks, same h'ordeoves (sp).

On our last cruise they were identical except for venue and the invitation for the silver + party specified that you could order call drinks (which was the first time I ever saw that in print!).

One cruise in 2009 and one in 2010 had the wine & cheese party for the Silver +, but that seems to have passed, at least on our last 3 cruises, and reverted back to the normal fruit punch/sparkling wine etc.

The sky is not falling. LeBistro isn't yet overflowing (hey...wait until you see it happening...if it ever does). No one lost a thing with the new program. For those who already had bennies, everyone has gained a few more bennies on top of what they already had. Many folks without the bennies got to move up to some bennies....which has not been shown in any way to take away from those who already had bennies. I'm not quite sure I see anything but...."hey...this is a pretty good deal for everybody...and it doesn't cost us an additional penny".

I agree that we need to wait and see what happens with the LeBistro perk. In effect, LeBistro may become a free restaurant for a lot of cruisers, but that doesn't mean it'll be impossible to get in. The main dining rooms, which are free, have enough space for the people who want to eat there.

I think that might be a very presumptuous assumption. NCL is a large corporation. I feel certain they had their marketing department run the numbers many different ways on this planned change in the program. I don't think that only us out here in CC land are the only ones to give the various scenarios consideration. I'm inclined to think that the NCL corporation thought this out carefully. The numbers, as determined by their industry professionals, must have reasonable confidence that our collective "sky is falling" prognoses will not happen.

We shall see. They eliminated the ship pins once before. They eliminated the turn down chocolates once before. In my experience bean counters only know two ways to run a business...1) throw money at it or 2) take money away from it.

We've been invited to a silver, gold and platinum party (nice invitation in an envelope) in addition to the regular Latitudes (just a sheet of paper) and the VIP party (nice invitation again) on every cruise since at least September of 2009.

Thanks Aimee :)

I was beginning to think I had lost it.

I agree that we need to wait and see what happens with the LeBistro perk. In effect, LeBistro may become a free restaurant for a lot of cruisers, but that doesn't mean it'll be impossible to get in. The main dining rooms, which are free, have enough space for the people who want to eat there.

I agree and the other thing to remember is not everyone that is eligible for something, takes it. Not everyone likes le bistro or may wish to even eat there.

NCL calculated me at 245 points (5 less than the first Special Gift Milestone). I think they miscalculated and shorted me by 28 points). I'm booked on a cruise in 12 days which will put me over the top. So, I don't know whether to ask for a review on the 28 points, in cse I win the appeal but don't get a retroactive milestone gift.

I can think of all sorts of things that should be added continuing perks at each milestone level:

Platinum Plus: Daily Comp Wine Happy hours (like RCL)

Platinum Super Plus: Daily Comp Cocktail hours with Hor's duerves (Like RCL)

I agree and the other thing to remember is not everyone that is eligible for something, takes it. Not everyone likes le bistro or may wish to even eat there.

I seriously doubt anyone presented with a free dinner, or two, in Le Bistro with a bottle of wine is going to turn it down. I say two, because remember, each Platinum member gets that perk.

Archived