Miami to Fort Lauderdale Taxi

Blondie008

HI

We will be flying into Miami from Uk (after two long flights) and arrive around 6pm. We are booked into a hotel in Fort lauderdale, and planning a night out there in our favourite bar :)

We are looking for a meet and greet taxi service to whisk us down to FL asap after the long flights.

Any recommendations and cost? Two people.

Thanks in advance!

If you read down the board, you will see you don't want a taxi- that will cost you $80-90. Reading down the board will tell you you want a shuttle, for $15-20pp. You can get a shuttle at the "Ground Transportation" section at Miami Airport, or arrange one in advance. Reading down the board will get you some names of companies.

A taxi will run $85-100 :eek:depending upon where in Fort Lauderdale your hotle is located. Larry's Limos has been suggested for Miami service - probably slightly cheaper than a cab and a much nicer ride.

Super Shuttle and others will also make the trip, but I'm not sure I would depend upon any shared shuttle ride to "whisk" me anywhere - it all depends upon how many are sharing the ride and where they will be getting off.

You could rent a car one-way from MIA-FLL; it is not a difficult drive, although after a long flight from the UK you may not want to try driving on the other side of the road.:o

Good luck! :)

I think to be honest we would be prepared to pay the price. We are no way driving HAHAHAHA!! Its a fair journey from scotland via London to Miami and a few drinks will be had en route :D

At exchange rate, thats less than £75 so in the whole picture of things, not bad. We booked a cruise package with air, but didnt want Carnivals overnight hotel and transfer as going to this particular bar in FL the night before we cruise is important to us. We saved massive on the hotel through my points with Priority Club (cost us $40 in total for the night for two if us), so spends on transporting us to Miami not such an issue.

Anything else other than Larrys Limos? We did use their strech limo before and the guy was hopeless :rolleyes: (which I understand is some what unusual)...

Really do want a "whisk us to FL" route?

I know before, we took a cab outside the airport but have no idea what it cost us but I am sure it must have been more than what one would cost if we pre booked it.. Or are they just much the same?

I really dont want to do buses shuttles etc after a two day journey. We need to overnight in scotland, then fly to London Heathrow, then transfer for the flight to Miami..its a haul we are used to, but when we do finally land, we want the easiest option available?

Actually, i will look into Larrys Limos again, wont be going by limo...but if they are the right price, then doesnt matter who drives etc.. yeah...will go check it out see what they are charging. If it gets us from A to B then might just be the answer.. :)

Larrys limo's = $70 :)

Bargain!

Dour faced driver or not, that'll do nicely :D

That's a deal!

I was going to say after a long haul flight the last thing I'd want is to sit on a shuttle bus full of other people!

Enjoy your favorite bar!

That's a deal!

I was going to say after a long haul flight the last thing I'd want is to sit on a shuttle bus full of other people!

Enjoy your favorite bar!

Thank you!! All booked up!

The bar...oooh its our old favourite, it rocks! We have so many special memories there, and will be dancing on the table tops for sure! We get some sleep on the plane, in winter theres "only" a five hour time difference,..so night before we cruise, we get in, grab a shower and a cab, and head to...The Bahia Cabana (not the Bahia mar hotel) the Bahia cabana... dj plays great music, and its always bouncing! LOVE LOVE LOVE this bar:D Its a dingy hotel, but the bar is fab, on the waterways.. have seen us still partying there at 6am! Its our way to start the cruise off with a bang!

Thank you!! All booked up!

The bar...oooh its our old favourite, it rocks! We have so many special memories there, and will be dancing on the table tops for sure! We get some sleep on the plane, in winter theres "only" a five hour time difference,..so night before we cruise, we get in, grab a shower and a cab, and head to...The Bahia Cabana (not the Bahia mar hotel) the Bahia cabana... dj plays great music, and its always bouncing! LOVE LOVE LOVE this bar:D Its a dingy hotel, but the bar is fab, on the waterways.. have seen us still partying there at 6am! Its our way to start the cruise off with a bang!

I agree with you that Bahia Cabana is pretty special! Have fun!

Hi, guys,

just let you know that i talked to the representative fromo Larry's Limo which is recommended here, and we got a passenger van which can hold up to 15 people from Miami hotel to Everglade port and only cost 110.00 plus graduties. I think it'svery good for our big group.

Thanks for cruisecritics, we have a lot experienced people here.

Archived