Miami Hotel Suggestions

Lessum

We just booked The Valor 8 day Eastern Caribbean in April. We will be driving the LONG 12 hours or so to Miami the day before. Anyone have any suggestions on hotel in the area...maybe one we can leave our car at?

Thanks

You might try La Quinta Airport East on Le Juene Road. It's not a 4* hotel but clean and reasonably priced for a single night. They permit "free" parking for 7 or 8 days (need to ask before reserving) for cruisers. They have a shuttle TO the port, but you'll need to take a taxi back to the hotel on return. Taxis are fairly reasonable and it's about a 15 minute drive on weekends.

Also check over on the Florida departures boards for other hotels, and possible parking arrangements.

I asked for some suggestions over on the Florida Departure board, and the winners were definitely Intercontinental, Hyatt, and one of the Marriotts; price-wise, I found the Hyatt is much less than the others. I'm on the Valor April 8, and after weeks of trying to find a "deal" I gave in and booked the Hyatt for $158 on a site with a "best price guarantee." I needed a hotel the day before Easter, and I was finding more and more places having reduced availability--decided to pay up front, and if the price goes down, hopefully I can get some money back!

When I first planned my trip I was going to drive. I had got reservations at the Best Western On the Bay Inn. They have cruise packages and the rates were good. Well after months went on n didnt have any one to drive with me, I decided to fly. So cancelled the best Western. But you can call and see if they are available. 800 780-7234. There direct number is 305 868-3483. Hope this helps.

You might try La Quinta Airport East on Le Juene Road. It's not a 4* hotel but clean and reasonably priced for a single night. They permit "free" parking for 7 or 8 days (need to ask before reserving) for cruisers. They have a shuttle TO the port, but you'll need to take a taxi back to the hotel on return. Taxis are fairly reasonable and it's about a 15 minute drive on weekends.

Also check over on the Florida departures boards for other hotels, and possible parking arrangements.

We stayed there too and it worked out great! They have free breakfast in the morning and a free shuttle to the port. We took the earliest shuttle at 10:00 am and it was only a 10-15 minute ride. I would definitely stay there again.

We stayed at the Marriott and it was very nice. They drove us to port in the morning for $7 per person. We also took the people mover thingy which is free to Bayside.

Did you have a car you left at the hotel? I need a place I can leave my car for free and get transport to the port.

Thanks!

We have stayed at the Embassy Suites 3 times...great 2 hrs of free drinks and snakcks in the evening and a yummy breakfast bar in the morning....so with both of those freebies it really makes the room affordable at $160.00/night. Have a great cruise!:)

If I'm driving I'll stay at LaQuinta on Le Juene. I paid $99 bucks. Kept truck there and shuttle ride to pier. Did cab on way back, no return shuttle.

Thanks...I made a reservation there tonight...rates were better than most. We have not been to Miami in a LONG time and am not familiar at all with the area. So, you feel safe leaving your car there?

Do you recall how much a cab back was? They quoted $10/pp for the shuttle back.

I will keep looking in the meantime too...

Thanks!

We stayed at the Holiday Inn it is close to the port and the outdoor mall across the street with lots of resteraunts. The DoubleTree is also nice and not far from the port

We also stayed at the Holiday Inn and we were very satisfied. We ate dinner at Bubba Gumps the night before the cruise at the outdoor mall across the street. There was a lot of activity and we had an enjoyable night before the cruise evening.

88We agree-lots of people with cars stayed there because of free parking. I would suggest to avoid Bennigans next to LQ for a meal-the restaurant was terrible-not the typical Bennigans-more like a bad Denny's.

A lot of the hotels mentioned are fine places to stay, but parking can run $20 a day or more. So keep this in mind when deciding your budget on a hotel for the day.

I have stayed at Best Western on the Bay and La Quinta East. They both allow free parking (not sure for how long, a week? Check with them). They are both budget places, the BW does cost more than La Quinta. Best Western has Shuckers - a bar with pub grub on the water. It has a water view but no beach. I did not think the food at Shuckers was all that good, but Bennigans ( the one place to eat near LQ) may be worse. There was a Benihana that was a short walk away, also a pharmacy, grocery store and liquor store.

I've read that the LaQuinta East now has a return shuttle from the port back to the hotel or airport. They do charge just a small $ per person only for the return shuttle, but I would think it may be less than taking a taxi which is around $30. You may want to call the hotel and verify but I have read this on a few recent reviews. :):) A nice touch for us cruisers.

We are staying at the Homewood suites in Blue Lagoon ..free breakfast, and M-Th free welcome home light meal and bevvies nightly. shuttle to POM is 10=12 pp..very reasonable ..

That really is a nice place. The first time I went to miami I ended up booking here, switched to an internet only (non-refundable rate) to get a little better price.

Thanks everyone! Yes, we are driving...so we want a hotel that we can leave our car at for FREE. And we want free transport to the POM. Right now I am booked at the La Quinta everyone mentioned. It is free parking up to 7 days and $5/per day after that (so we will pay $5 prob since we are an 8 nt cruise). They offer one way transport and return transport is $10/pp. I booked direct to hotel (for April) so I have time...if I find something better I will cancel. Also, if the rate goes down I will just rebook.

I did find the Hyatt Place was $129 with free parking up to 14 days and one way transport. Return transport was $12/pp. However I think my rate was $98 so for now I am staying at La Quinta. We will only be at hotel about 12 hours or so so I don't want to spend tons of money...

Thanks!

We just booked The Valor 8 day Eastern Caribbean in April. We will be driving the LONG 12 hours or so to Miami the day before. Anyone have any suggestions on hotel in the area...maybe one we can leave our car at?

Thanks

We just got back from our cruise and stayed Intercontinetal in Miami. We enjoyed walking down to Bayside and downtown area. The parking is $26 and they only have valet. I booked mine through Priceline. Have a wonderful cruise.

Archived