Miami Hotel Suggestions

Lessum

Not worried...but for that price it should...and also it would be nice to not have to make those arrangements that day. It would be nice to find a place where it is all arranged for you and included.

And if I was worried about a $10 taxi ride...is that a problemfor you???

not for me at all.

When I first planned my trip I was going to drive. I had got reservations at the Best Western On the Bay Inn. They have cruise packages and the rates were good. Well after months went on n didnt have any one to drive with me, I decided to fly. So cancelled the best Western. But you can call and see if they are available. 800 780-7234. There direct number is 305 868-3483. Hope this helps.

A below average motel-type place in an iffy area a substantial distance from both MIA and the port.

I actually couldn't find a Fairfield by that name...only the Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South, or one in Fort Lauderdale....

FAIRFIELD INN & SUITES,Miami Cruiseport

4101 NW 11 Street

Miami , FL , 33126[/\\

I think that is it.

88We agree-lots of people with cars stayed there because of free parking. I would suggest to avoid Bennigans next to LQ for a meal-the restaurant was terrible-not the typical Bennigans-more like a bad Denny's.

We stayed at Red Roof on LeJeune Dec. 2 . Bennigans less than perfect. Left car there, transport to port only. Cost us $27 to get back by taxi. Also you are DIRECTLY under take off flight pattern every few minutes.

• 2 weeks later...

I was going to book the LQ Airport East for Sept. 2012 based on some recommendations in this thread but after reading TripAdvisor reviews, I'm a little hesistant. It will be my husband, me and our 6 y.o. son. We are not picky travelers but want somewhere clean and safe. Something close to stores to pick up drinks, wine, snacks, etc. is a big plus as is a free airport shuttle. Cruise Shuttle not a priority but a definite perk....For those of you who have stayed at at the LQAE, is it as bad as the reviews or is it ok for an overnight stay?

There's nothing "bad" about the La Quinta, but the Miami Airport "Blue Lagoon" area hotels are considerably nicer and better situated for walking, stores and restaurants. In my view, they are a nicer way to kick off a great vacation. Many choose the La Quinta to avoid paying anything extra to travel to the port (and I understand that saving a few bucks can be important) or to leave cars there while cruising.

I was going to book the LQ Airport East for Sept. 2012 based on some recommendations in this thread but after reading TripAdvisor reviews, I'm a little hesistant. It will be my husband, me and our 6 y.o. son. We are not picky travelers but want somewhere clean and safe. Something close to stores to pick up drinks, wine, snacks, etc. is a big plus as is a free airport shuttle. Cruise Shuttle not a priority but a definite perk....For those of you who have stayed at at the LQAE, is it as bad as the reviews or is it ok for an overnight stay?

LQ East will not meet your needs - the only store is close is a gas station and the dining options are Bennigans and the hotel dining room inside the Embassy Suites.

As mentioned above, check out hotels in the Blue Lagoon area near MIA (Hampton Inn, Sofitel, Homewood Suites and others) - free airport shuttles and shopping and dining options within walking distance. Most can arrange for shuttle service to POM for $10 per person, or you can cab it for under $30 per cab. The ride to POM will take about 15 or so minutes. Have a good cruise! :)

LQ East will not meet your needs - the only store is close is a gas station and the dining options are Bennigans and the hotel dining room inside the Embassy Suites.

As mentioned above, check out hotels in the Blue Lagoon area near MIA (Hampton Inn, Sofitel, Homewood Suites and others) - free airport shuttles and shopping and dining options within walking distance. Most can arrange for shuttle service to POM for $10 per person, or you can cab it for under $30 per cab. The ride to POM will take about 15 or so minutes. Have a good cruise! :)

We often stay at Embassy Suites next door, which is great. But there isn't much around. I would stay away from the Bennigans place....we stay pretty much on the ES property only while we're there....eating, etc...

• 1 month later...
Last minute travel had the intercontinental at $111. That is an awesome rate!

Thanks for the tip on Last Minute Travel I just scored the Embassy Suites Airport for 152.00 plus tax making it 172 which is great because not only to you get the free Airport Shuttle but free drinks for 2 hours and free breakfast!! The rest of the sites were showing 220.00 for the hotel. I really wanted to be at the Marriott Downtown on the bay or Double Tree but couldn't justify the extra 100.00. :)

Thanks for the tip on Last Minute Travel I just scored the Embassy Suites Airport for 152.00 plus tax making it 172 which is great because not only to you get the free Airport Shuttle but free drinks for 2 hours and free breakfast!! The rest of the sites were showing 220.00 for the hotel. I really wanted to be at the Marriott Downtown on the bay or Double Tree but couldn't justify the extra 100.00. :)

That is for a Friday night the end of Feb too! And the nice thing about this site is you can look at photos of the property first and by that kind of figure out what it is.

Archived