Quiet Places on Allure of the Seas

dvmvet

We are leaving in 2 days! Wondering if anyone can tell us about quieter places to relax and read and get some fresh air at the same time?

Where are quiet places to eat lunch -grab something and go sit somewhere

I remembered someone mentioned regarding Freedom of the Seas - -to go near the helicopter landing pad. Never checked that out

Thanks for any help!

DVMvet

In port sundeck (very windy when moving) front port passenger hallway on deck 12 - just above bridge and below solarium. Aft, port or starboard passenger hallways of deck 11 and 12. Public areas that ate above the Aqua Suite's balconies. Aft deck 5 - running track. Breakfast or lunch from the Park Cafe-eat in Central Park.

In port sundeck (very windy when moving) front port passenger hallway on deck 12 - just above bridge and below solarium. Aft, port or starboard passenger hallways of deck 11 and 12. Public areas that ate above the Aqua Suite's balconies. Aft deck 5 - running track. Breakfast or lunch from the Park Cafe-eat in Central Park.

It's actually the front of deck 14. Deck 11 and 12 have the private decks in the back. Central Park is very relaxing.

We are leaving in 2 days! Wondering if anyone can tell us about quieter places to relax and read and get some fresh air at the same time?

Where are quiet places to eat lunch -grab something and go sit somewhere

I remembered someone mentioned regarding Freedom of the Seas - -to go near the helicopter landing pad. Never checked that out

The most relaxing, quiet area on Allure is Central Park. You can grab a good, free lunch at Park Cafe or pay a little to eat a fantastic lunch at Giovanni's Table.

2159318760080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

2114291450080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

• Central Park - You can get food in the Park Cafe and sit outside among the trees and birds. Yes real birds.
  • Though not outside the Solarium Bistro is generally very quiet and relaxing. You can also bring your food outside into the solarium pool area . It's covered but has openning in the cover for fresh air to enter. No one under 16 is allowed. Even at that it's generally all Adults .
  • There's an area in the aft of the running track with chairs that generally is very quiet as most people don't know about.
  • If theres nothing going on in the aqua theater and it's not family hour along on the boardwalk , the aqua theater is a nice place to sit, relax get some sun and enjoy a quiet lunch. There are some rows that have attached tables between seats which makes it nice. Also some of the public decks at the aft overlooking the aqua theater have public balconies with a few seats.

What happened to the days where we had the entire ship to sit quietly and relax? Now we have to seek those places out as the rest of the ship is a 3 ring circus? Not to start a whole new topic or debate, but I miss the old days of cruising.

That's what I felt was sorely missing on Oasis/Allure - somewhere to sit in the fresh air facing the sea. What follows is my opinion -

Central Park - lovely but very hot during the day (especially in summer). Nice at night. Not especially secluded though - many days, we couldn't get a seat anywhere.

Solarium - crowded, hot, covered. Not my cup of tea.

Anyway, where I discovered was quiet, although not in the open air, was the Viking Crown Lounge. Very secluded first thing in the morning, perfect place to read quietly. Eventually, there will be a class of some sort - dancing, etc. and it gets loud but until then, lovely. :)

These mega ships I fear are causing more disconnection from the sea.

And all the activities may mean there is literally no place to get some quiet, and hear yourself think

Abit of a reflection of society!

Thanks for the help. I will see what I can find on this Mother of All Ships!

Rose

Archived