Wine purchase in FLL

Bustersmom

Not familiar with Ft Lauderdale but would like to purchase wine to take aboard the Grand. We are staying at Sheraton FLL Beach and am wondering i anyone knows of a close store to purchase wine/beer. I read alot about Total Wine, just not sure if close or not, not renting a car but I guess we could take a taxi? Thank you all again, what would I do without this awesome resource!

Agreed, you should take a cab...it's close but not close enough to walk. Decent, but not spectacular, selection and good prices. There's another wine store nearby as well, but I can't remember the name, and have never been there. Total is good about getting stuff ready....once I had them chill a bottle of Seghesio "blue cap" Zin so I could pickup a pizza and enjoy them in the hotel. (pizza=Doughboys, almost across the street from Total)

I agree with the others if you know the type and brand you want to order it online. When you get to the store, there should be a cashier for pre-orders. Just show your paid receipt and they'll give you the wine. It'll be right there waiting for you. The store is huge so if you spend time looking for wine and then checking out, your cab fare could be substantial.

Ok that sounds great, I am going to go on line now to see how to pre order. Gosh, I am kinda a Kendall Jackson chardonnay gal, My DH is a red guy, but anything must taste 100% better when you are on your balcony! We on the Grand Dec 10th in our first time ever Aft Suite, I even have a good attitude about the dreaded beam. My thoughts are that a trip, vacation, cruise whatever is what you make it, if you go in with unrealistic expectations, then you are probably not going to be happy, just keep your expectations in line and you should have an even better experience than you think! Thanks you all as usual!

Ok that sounds great, I am going to go on line now to see how to pre order. Gosh, I am kinda a Kendall Jackson chardonnay gal, My DH is a red guy, but anything must taste 100% better when you are on your balcony! We on the Grand Dec 10th in our first time ever Aft Suite, I even have a good attitude about the dreaded beam. My thoughts are that a trip, vacation, cruise whatever is what you make it, if you go in with unrealistic expectations, then you are probably not going to be happy, just keep your expectations in line and you should have an even better experience than you think! Thanks you all as usual!

We were in an aft suite in Jan. on the Grand. Believe me, the dreaded beam is a non issue. Be sure to have breakfast at Sabatini's. The French toast is the best. Have a fabulous time and enjoy that wine!!!

oh we intend to have the best time ever! We are C751 and you know the knowledge I gained here allowed me to make the decision to take this aft stateroom. I just cannot imagine taking another cruise without the information that is shared so freely here. Take all, take what you need, etc, but the info given is such a delight, hey, we all have separate tastes, requirements, expectations etc, but if you read, research and take what you need, you are well served. Everyone can have a different experience, most recently I read about the a/c on the Grand,hey that would be a huge deal breaker for me, but the poster dealt wit h it and did not let it ruin the entire experience. I am hoping I can do the same and report the full experience here as so many have and then I hope others then can learn like I have in the early morning hours before work and the late night hours before bed!!

Hmmm.... lets see, yep that works!! Ha! Love my wine on the balcony, is there anything better?

No! Trouble we've encountered though - we've had an aft facing balcony cabin the last two cruises (and the next two) and something about the way they are positioned sucks the wine out of the bottles!!! On our 2 week cruise it sucked up 16 bottles and on the 12 day 14 bottles disappeared. It's a beautiful view though - I think..... :-)

no! Trouble we've encountered though - we've had an aft facing balcony cabin the last two cruises (and the next two) and something about the way they are positioned sucks the wine out of the bottles!!! On our 2 week cruise it sucked up 16 bottles and on the 12 day 14 bottles disappeared. It's a beautiful view though - i think..... :-)

lol.

I just checked and Total Wines has my favourite wine for $7.99, for another $2 I can get a magnum!:) Does anyone know if the room fridge on the Emerald can hold a bottle of wine that size? Perhaps on the door?

I guess I'll need to recalculate my wine needs--Total Wine requires a $100 minimum purchase to order online, or maybe that's just for new accounts. :)

The Publix supermarket next door to Total Wine also has a good selection of wine, plus you can buy your soda or bottled water (if you want it) there as well. I don't think Total sells sodas or mixers.

I don't think Total sells sodas or mixers.

They have plenty. The pop is an entire aisle by the beer.

(I'm interested to know who Cobra thinks has a good selection of wines. :eek: I've personally never seen a larger collection of wine in one place.... numerous aisles of wine.)

IF you order $200 or more they will deliver it to your hotel! That's not much for a 7 day cruise :-)

Very good to know! Didn't know that was an option. We always bring our wine with us but this is good information.

i could spend hours in total wine...in fact, i have...:eek::p

Publix has a decent selection too...

you could always hop the http://www.suntrolley.com too...just flag it down on the street...the end of the route is in front of Publix, adjacent to the Total Wine...then you can take it back.....(as long as you're there when it runs..)

They have plenty. The pop is an entire aisle by the beer.

(I'm interested to know who Cobra thinks has a good selection of wines. :eek: I've personally never seen a larger collection of wine in one place.... numerous aisles of wine.)

Not Cobra, but there are plenty of places with better selections and/or much better prices than Total Wine, although not neccesarily convenient to that area. (K&L and Binny's come to mind wihtout thinking about it.) For the average person's needs, Total Wine will have everything you want at a reasonable price. For a true collector, Total Wine is OK in a pinch, but not really any place to buy from regularly.

Archived