Norwegian Sun - Cabin Recommendations

zarahzion

Hello All,

DH and I are looking at booking our first cruise together on the Sun (03/17).

Any recommendations on either Inside or Oceanview cabins? We are a adventurous, so I have been considering a guaranty.

This will be my first cruise and my husband's second(first was on RCCL).:D:D

Thanks!!!

I'm not familiar with those cabins on the Sun. I can tell you the mini-suites are WONDERFUL, very special.

From your cruise date I am thinking typo, but in just about any case I would strongly encourage you NOT to do the guarantee. Especially since it's your first cruise together.

Listen to the replies you will get, find a cabin you would like and stick to it.

Lots of times you hear about getting these wonderful upgrade by getting a guarantee, but the most common result is that you get the cabin nobody else wants, for whatever reasons.

Get a great stateroom and enjoy your cruise!

I'm not familiar with those cabins on the Sun. I can tell you the mini-suites are WONDERFUL, very special.

From your cruise date I am thinking typo, but in just about any case I would strongly encourage you NOT to do the guarantee. Especially since it's your first cruise together.

Listen to the replies you will get, find a cabin you would like and stick to it.

Lots of times you hear about getting these wonderful upgrade by getting a guarantee, but the most common result is that you get the cabin nobody else wants, for whatever reasons.

Get a great stateroom and enjoy your cruise!

We are looking at the 3/17/12 cruise.

We stayed in an interior cabin on our trip around South America on the Sun, and I must say that it was just great. Our cabin was located on Deck 9 and it was classified as a IB. It was very quiet with decks of cabins above and below it. Because it was amidships, there was less movement than elsewhere on the ship. The cabin itself was larger than other interior cabins I've stayed in (on other ships) and had plenty of storage and a full-sized couch.

Unless price is your primary consideration and/or everyone in your party is a heavy sleeper and impervious to motion sickness, you may want to spend a little more more money so you can select your actual cabin. There are lots of very noisy places on board any ship (near the bow thrusters, below the galley, above the disco, etc) as well as places where the ship's movement is more pronounced. Those are the places most likely not to be picked by someone else, and therefore still available when it comes time to assign cabins to passengers who picked GTYs.

First I'll say if at all posible shoot for a balcony . If thats out and this is your first cruise ,you may want to try something mid ship .

Do you know if you are prone the sea sickness ? Theres less movement mid ship and lower deck.

Other than that , look at the ship deck plans a see what might be above or below your cabin choice .

Then book it ;)

Hello All,

Any recommendations on either Inside or Oceanview cabins? We are a adventurous, so I have been considering a guaranty.

Thanks!!!

Don't know how much you want to spend but we had an obstructed OV on deck six forward and it was great. No noise up there whatsoever (only 20 cabins or so). It is obsturcted as your window view the outside covered walking deck but you can see the water as well. Very convenient to the lobby and midship dining room (down 1 flight of stairs or elevator) and access door to the outside deck is close.

On another cruise we had a balcony on deck 8 midship and it was nice as well. It depends where you want to be and how much $$ you want to spend. The ship is not huge, average size so it is easy to get around.

Dining rooms are midship and aft with identical menus you can go to whichever you want anytime they are open. The aft dining room is open for lunch. Shopping is forward as well as the internet area. Showroom is aft.

Hello All,

Thanks!!!

We had an oceanview stateroom on the Sun for 24 days. It was in a great location, nice size room, plenty of storage, and layed out exactly like a balcony, except you have a large picture window instead. I'd choose 8214 again without hestitation.

ry%3D400

We often stay inside. You have a window. It's the little tv and the outside cam channel. But for the Sun, they have some great, really large, inside cabins. They are on deck 9, I believe. They are larger in feel than the balconey rooms with a sitting area and lots of extra storage. If you book a GTY you may not get one of those, but I believe we got it when there was a sale for upgrades from a lower inside cabin and used the savings on shopping and excursions. If you stay inside though, be sure to bring a nightlight (our clock is sort of bright) to plug into your power strip, because it's really, really dark in an inside cabin.

Hello All,

Thanks!!!

only you can decide what would be best, but if it were me, I would do an outside, and yes, possibly a gty or if you can swing it, a balc, again GTY.

BTW, I don't want to put a damper on all this, but do you realize this will be the height of the spring break so there will be lots of kids and families on the cruise?

Nita

thanks everyone for the advise!!! I really appreciate it!!!

No guarantee, we don't want to be in horrible location.

Thanks for the spring break advise...we are ok with kids but I know it will be a little more crowded than normal.

Been on the Sun twice. The first time we had a mini suite on the Pool Deck -- Fabulous.

This past June, we had an triple inside on the Viking Deck -- We booked an inside guarantee (midship inside guarantee) and received Cabin No. 8329. It was one of those sideways cabins. Loved, loved, loved it. Seemed like it had so much more space than a normal inside.

drvalo: Do you remember the cabin numbers? I see a group of them towards the front of 9 inside and near the front elevators. Is this where you were?

I believe it was 9131, but any of the inside 1B cabins are the same 172 sq ft.

Been on the Sun twice. The first time we had a mini suite on the Pool Deck -- Fabulous.

This past June, we had an triple inside on the Viking Deck -- We booked an inside guarantee (midship inside guarantee) and received Cabin No. 8329. It was one of those sideways cabins. Loved, loved, loved it. Seemed like it had so much more space than a normal inside.

starting to think this is the type of room we want. :D

Don't book anything on deck 8 near the aft. We just got back from a 7-nighter on the Sun and although we had a good time, I did not like the location of the cabin as it was directly above the disco and we heard the thumping and singing every night. We were in cabin 8073- family balcony cabin. I booked last minute so there was not much to choose from and that's on me. Just saying. Also, we had problems with sea sickness due to rough seas. Bring some green apples and ginger capsules. My daughter was sick 7 times and I was sick 3 times and this was our second cruise (no problems on the other cruise) You can get green apples from the salad bar in the Garden Cafe or have them delivered via room service. If you happen to purchase the soda plan, get your soda cup refills from the Sports Bar as they actually open a fresh can each time versus using 2-liter bottles as they seem to do everyplace else on the ship. (Better yet, bring your own soda!) (I know, I know: even better, drink water but that was just for the soda addicts out there.) I will be writing a review later this coming week; too tired right now!

Have a wonderful cruise, whichever way you go regarding your cabin choice. NCL really takes care of its passengers and that is what keeps me coming back.

Don't book anything on deck 8 near the aft. We just got back from a 7-nighter on the Sun and although we had a good time, I did not like the location of the cabin as it was directly above the disco and we heard the thumping and singing every night. We were in cabin 8073- family balcony cabin. I booked last minute so there was not much to choose from and that's on me. Just saying. Also, we had problems with sea sickness due to rough seas. Bring some green apples and ginger capsules. My daughter was sick 7 times and I was sick 3 times and this was our second cruise (no problems on the other cruise) You can get green apples from the salad bar in the Garden Cafe or have them delivered via room service. If you happen to purchase the soda plan, get your soda cup refills from the Sports Bar as they actually open a fresh can each time versus using 2-liter bottles as they seem to do everyplace else on the ship. (Better yet, bring your own soda!) (I know, I know: even better, drink water but that was just for the soda addicts out there.) I will be writing a review later this coming week; too tired right now!

Have a wonderful cruise, whichever way you go regarding your cabin choice. NCL really takes care of its passengers and that is what keeps me coming back.

You've got me worried. We're going to be in 8077 in January and I can't imagine we'd be bothered by noise. But if you say the disco is on Deck 7, I'm wondering.....Would an expensive full suite be placed under a noisy area? Has anyone else stayed in this suite and had a problem?

thanks everyone for the advise!!! I really appreciate it!!!

No guarantee, we don't want to be in horrible location.

Thanks for the spring break advise...we are ok with kids but I know it will be a little more crowded than normal.

I vote for balcony that you select. A bunch of Sun pics from about a year ago at following.

http://s241.photobucket.com/albums/ff281/roganderson60/Sun/?start=all

You've got me worried. We're going to be in 8077 in January and I can't imagine we'd be bothered by noise. But if you say the disco is on Deck 7, I'm wondering.....Would an expensive full suite be placed under a noisy area? Has anyone else stayed in this suite and had a problem?

The Stardust lounge is above you. You will probably hear something when there is a performance going on. It is not a disco.

EstherE: I see you will be on the Sun next month. I am sorry to ask but if you think of it, would you take a stroll past inside cabin #8130 which is the first cabin past the elevators on your right (7 cabins from yours). I just booked it yesterday and I am having second thoughts. We always book sideways because they are the best inside. However, cabin #8130 has an empty space on both sides. I just want to make sure there is not a service/crew entrance on either side. We had a door next to our cabin one time and it was constantly opening and closing. We are not going until November, so I have plenty of time to change it.

Archived